Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New [ANN] [$XSEED] BitSeeds - Rainforest Foundation Charity - SHA256 PoW/PoS 10%  (Read 19465 times)
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:40:20 PM

I really want to tell my appreciation and good feeling for the dev of XSEED wallet!

I just installed the up to date wallet on a new computer....
it went so smoothly... the syncing process has been completed in a heart bit (less than 2 hours, perhaps even 1 hour)
and I was able to put back my coins easily....

thanks a lot, having a such friendly and easy process is really great

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gspace

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

1) Good move on UBIQ. Now, how can BitSeeds truly revolutionise forest protection, would there be land rights or buying sq cm of rainforest locked into the block? How can smart contracts be used as part of the project. Specifically buying acres of rainforest and conserving them with a name of a token holder as a form of Legacy? Tax deductible charity? Measurable, immutable impact. I think there is a lot of potential in this project. I'm no solidity dev, but would be able to help / brainstorm with business modelling / logic.

2) Can we get this coin listed soon as I'm keen to buy and stake some. Or you are positioning for ICO?

3) Have you guys considered starting BitSeeds stores program for charity shops like Oxfam or Lush? Partnership with those guys would be huge boost. Bigger organisations would love to boast of measurable impact embedded into blockchain, wouldn't they?

4) Also, noticed that Sting supports Rainforest Foundation work. That would be a sick plug for this crypto. Way better then Paris Hilton.
Altcoinlover

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:56:52 PM

1) Good move on UBIQ. Now, how can BitSeeds truly revolutionise forest protection, would there be land rights or buying sq cm of rainforest locked into the block? How can smart contracts be used as part of the project. Specifically buying acres of rainforest and conserving them with a name of a token holder as a form of Legacy? Tax deductible charity? Measurable, immutable impact. I think there is a lot of potential in this project. I'm no solidity dev, but would be able to help / brainstorm with business modelling / logic.

2) Can we get this coin listed soon as I'm keen to buy and stake some. Or you are positioning for ICO?

3) Have you guys considered starting BitSeeds stores program for charity shops like Oxfam or Lush? Partnership with those guys would be huge boost. Bigger organisations would love to boast of measurable impact embedded into blockchain, wouldn't they?

4) Also, noticed that Sting supports Rainforest Foundation work. That would be a sick plug for this crypto. Way better then Paris Hilton.

thanks for sharing your personal brainstorming...

You have interesting ideas on the tppic....

I know that there are heavy, really heavy financial interest in "promoting" and facilitating deforestation
no matter what.... so, having a real community with ressources to protect the rainforest for real
would be outstanding. They play hard... Hopefully, we could play "crypto smart"....

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Starsa76

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:16:56 PM

Is this wallet working?  installed it today, but nothing happens
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

Any updates on XSEED moving to a UBQ token, and how holders of the old XSEED will be able to retain their existing coins?  Thanks, I keep hearing rumblings about it from time to time but nothing concrete yet.  Would love to have my old XSEED be usable for something again!
rcbbtct

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:00:13 PM

for Starsa76
includes this nodes in your BitSeeds.conf file

addnode=104.131.118.19:28374
addnode=188.193.115.1:28374
addnode=46.101.182.53
addnode=72.130.92.25
addnode=98.151.105.228
addnode=162.159.245.225
madmack1

Activity: 157
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:08:35 PM

Anything happening with XSEED?
i found an old wallet.dat for bitseeds but cant do anything with them
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:33:02 PM

Looks like Bittrex is delisting the wallet, but there's no way to get coins out anyway

Sad, got totally screwed by a charity that led its backers on for almost 2 years with promises of a revival that never came. Blaming Bryce Weiner is no excuse anymore.

delong

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:00:19 PM

Looks like Bittrex is delisting the wallet, but there's no way to get coins out anyway

Sad, got totally screwed by a charity that led its backers on for almost 2 years with promises of a revival that never came. Blaming Bryce Weiner is no excuse anymore.

Agreed, this is a real bummer - I also feel like we were strung along... There was even talk about moving it onto the UBQ platform.  Nothing came of it, apparently, and now I have no way to get coins out before the wallets are removed. Sad.
delong

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:29:19 PM

So no last-minute save for XSEED, eh?  End of the line, officially?
worth (OP)

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:25:30 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 08:33:29 AM by worth

So this is the situation as it stands:

In 2017 Gabe called me up and said that the Rainforest Foundation had contacted him and wanted to do an ICO to raise funds. I was initially a little hesitant about it but wanted to help as long as it was a purely charitable event (i.e. no personal compensation for being involved).  We had previously had problems finding a decent developer to be a part of the project so it seemed to make sense to try swapping to an Ubiq token since they seemed to be looking for projects to take on for this.

We got in touch with them via the Ubiq Slack and everything initially seemed to be going well, with everyone on their team seeming to be receptive and interested. I was told the next step was to open a support ticket on Bittrex to get withdrawals turned back on for BitSeeds to prepare for a swap.  

I opened a ticket and then weeks and weeks passed before I got any kind of response. I finally spoke with a lower level support person who eventually escalated me to Raimi, and from there I ended up in a loop going back and forth over the same points  over and over and I never was able to convince him to turn withdrawals on. Meanwhile, we (Gabe, Suzanne from the RF, and I each trying independently) could no longer get any response from any of the Ubiq team on their Slack, or on their Discord after they switched to that. So all forward momentum stopped dead despite our efforts.

As we got closer to the end of the year, I started becoming concerned that the SEC and others were not satisfied with how tokens were being issued and ICOs were being handled, and became increasingly convinced they were going to start prosecution of participants and so began recommending a wait and see approach to everyone else involved until we could be certain how to proceed with something like this while fully complying with US law.

I have no way of knowing why Bittrex has chosen to fully remove these 80 or so cryptos at this time, or why they chose to disable withdrawals on some of the blockchains including BitSeeds. The blockchain/network is still moving and functioning; I just checked the two computers I have staking and the most recent staked transaction was less than 15 minutes ago with six confirmations already. So as far as I can tell, there's no reason for them to prevent withdrawals, but as I mentioned above they seemed to be unwilling to turn them back on when I asked them to months ago so I have no idea what their reasoning is.

And to address the idea that the Rainforest Foundation "scammed" people, to the best of my knowledge they have never made a single cent or satoshi from BitSeeds. The only BitSeeds project or Rainforest Foundation funds that have ever been on the market since I've became involved in the summer of 2015 was a small amount that was mined in 2016 after we reactivated POW. Gabe gave me some of his personal BTC which I used to rent a low power miner through MRR to mine on the pool, the small proceeds were sold at market price solely to buy BTC to re-rent the miner and keep a minimum hashrate for the function of the network.

In 2016 I did put a lot of my own personal BitSeeds (mined by me or bought with my own BTC months earlier) on the market and sold it - at a considerable loss - in an attempt to shore up the flagging volume on Bittrex to hopefully keep it sufficient to justify them continuing to list it. My efforts were in vain, but it was all I knew to do at the time to keep it going. I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out so far, but I'm still hopeful we'll find a way to make it happen in the future.  
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

I want to apologize if I came across a little rash, it's been pretty emotional as I invested quite a bit into the coin and never sold a dime of it. It seemed like one of the more honest projects in the crypto space compared to all the fly-by-night pump and dumps I felt confident in its future.

I know you devoted alot effort to trying to get the project back off the ground Worth especially when most people had abandoned and moved on, and I appreciate your efforts.

Knowing now that Ubiq and Bittrex seemed to give you the run-around is even more disappointing.

I'm just worried now that Bittrex has closed ALL Withdrawals that they are just going to delete the wallet .dat's and leave investors high and dry if it does get back off the ground someday?
banhmicohaiz88

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:42:29 PM

This project looks great and interesting, i hope this one the success to this project and the swap done successful Grin
alexandermr091

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:35:53 PM

Interested. Give me some detail inforation! Cool Cool Cool
Altcoinlover

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:17:31 PM

So this is the situation as it stands:

In 2017 Gabe called me up and said that the Rainforest Foundation had contacted him and wanted to do an ICO to raise funds. I was initially a little hesitant about it but wanted to help as long as it was a purely charitable event (i.e. no personal compensation for being involved).  We had previously had problems finding a decent developer to be a part of the project so it seemed to make sense to try swapping to an Ubiq token since they seemed to be looking for projects to take on for this.

We got in touch with them via the Ubiq Slack and everything initially seemed to be going well, with everyone on their team seeming to be receptive and interested. I was told the next step was to open a support ticket on Bittrex to get withdrawals turned back on for BitSeeds to prepare for a swap.  

I opened a ticket and then weeks and weeks passed before I got any kind of response. I finally spoke with a lower level support person who eventually escalated me to Raimi, and from there I ended up in a loop going back and forth over the same points  over and over and I never was able to convince him to turn withdrawals on. Meanwhile, we (Gabe, Suzanne from the RF, and I each trying independently) could no longer get any response from any of the Ubiq team on their Slack, or on their Discord after they switched to that. So all forward momentum stopped dead despite our efforts.

As we got closer to the end of the year, I started becoming concerned that the SEC and others were not satisfied with how tokens were being issued and ICOs were being handled, and became increasingly convinced they were going to start prosecution of participants and so began recommending a wait and see approach to everyone else involved until we could be certain how to proceed with something like this while fully complying with US law.

I have no way of knowing why Bittrex has chosen to fully remove these 80 or so cryptos at this time, or why they chose to disable withdrawals on some of the blockchains including BitSeeds. The blockchain/network is still moving and functioning; I just checked the two computers I have staking and the most recent staked transaction was less than 15 minutes ago with six confirmations already. So as far as I can tell, there's no reason for them to prevent withdrawals, but as I mentioned above they seemed to be unwilling to turn them back on when I asked them to months ago so I have no idea what their reasoning is.

And to address the idea that the Rainforest Foundation "scammed" people, to the best of my knowledge they have never made a single cent or satoshi from BitSeeds. The only BitSeeds project or Rainforest Foundation funds that have ever been on the market since I've became involved in the summer of 2015 was a small amount that was mined in 2016 after we reactivated POW. Gabe gave me some of his personal BTC which I used to rent a low power miner through MRR to mine on the pool, the small proceeds were sold at market price solely to buy BTC to re-rent the miner and keep a minimum hashrate for the function of the network.

In 2016 I did put a lot of my own personal BitSeeds (mined by me or bought with my own BTC months earlier) on the market and sold it - at a considerable loss - in an attempt to shore up the flagging volume on Bittrex to hopefully keep it sufficient to justify them continuing to list it. My efforts were in vain, but it was all I knew to do at the time to keep it going. I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out so far, but I'm still hopeful we'll find a way to make it happen in the future.  

I am sorry that all efforts in this projects turned short and that now all is stopped.

Hopefully in the futur, if the chain continue to run smoothly, there will be some lights to revive the project.

I liked the concept and vision.... hopefully not dead... the world needs that kind of project in a big way

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████