Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:33:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Ship sinking!!!!  (Read 6482 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:01:57 PM

IMO, ethereum doesn't hold any revolutionary qualities and shouldn't be an altcoin that one would invest for the long run.  I truly think it was meant to be a hype kind of coin for pump and dumpers to make a quick buck on.

It could hold, but it doesnt.

If they fulfill their promises and implement all those features in it, then it will be very sensational.

If they dont then it will be a pump and dump scam. I tend to think the 2nd is more likely at this point.

abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:45:39 PM

im still a believer that Ethereum will hold a lot of promise. we're still only in the first stage of their planned release, and anyone who wants to make a quick fortune on ANY altcoin will be disappointed. the key to any market is patience. the fact is, while the developers may have suffered from fiscal mismanagement and have struggled to live up to the schedules they promised initially, they still have a development team that is very involved with the project.

i dont see ETH as a scam coin. i view those as the ones that are simple clones of something with no vision of innovation, the ones where the developers releases the coin, the ones with massive premines that have no justification (or instamines) and a complete lack of transparency. the ones where the developers disappear quickly after release (once theyve made their money). the fact that vitalik is remaining heavily involved and communicative is why i have faith in the currency and platform as a whole.

theyve done wonders making mining easier, and the integrated mining inthe releases has been brilliantly convenient. and although theyve failed in their ideal of keeping mining from becoming centralized in the hands of a few megaminers, the idea of ASIC-resistance is something that others who build forks and clones of ETH will improve on. theyve made a LOT of blunders, but that happens a lot more (and worse) with a lot of other altcoins.

i think a big problem with Ethereum, right now, isnt with the development team, its with the traders who expected to make themselves into instant millionaires and contributed to the decline of the currency by dumping their massively mined coins. there are no guarantees in any speculative market and until Ethereum's promise of a DAPP rich blockchain is realized, thats all ETH really is.

what would create more trust would be for vitalik, and the core development team to make their wallet addresses public so that they can be monitored by the community, and to commit to holding those funds, or placing them under slow release contracts. they have to have an incentive to continue working on the project, but there does need to be a sense of trust from the community, and full transparency in this cryptocurrency world is necessary to KEEP trust.

i can see ethereums value continuing to drop, which suits me fine because i cant mine as ridiculously many ETH as those who have two thousand dollar GPU rigs set up to take advantage of the market and i have to build my stake the old fashioned way with intelligent trading strategies. those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

0x17aaa85093a49fb19bd35ea2c8e612868745c926

just ship them over to me and ill give them a good home. i can even Fed-Ex you a kitten in return (chuckles). those who are complaining about ETH who arent holding any in their portfolio are just trolls. simple as that. they COULD use a good group of community managers who can keep a consistent message in the social media and altcoin forum world, (im available, i have a couple hours a day free aside from acting as community manager for another altcoin, ill even take payment in ETH.)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:17:36 PM

those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

just ship them over to me and ill give them a good home.

Cheap trick, of course noone will send you ETH and this doesn't prove your point because noone will send ETH for free if they can get at least 1 satoshi for that.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:54:20 PM

those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

Cheap trick, of course noone will send you ETH and this doesn't prove your point because noone will send ETH for free if they can get at least 1 satoshi for that.

of course they wont. im just trying to illustrate how silly some of the people here sound. no currency, crypto or otherwise, will EVER have a pure value gain. there will always be bear and bull trends in the marketplace. if they truly think ETH is a scam, then why did they invest? were they coerced into investing, of course not. we make our own decisions on what to invest in, and live with the consequences for good or ill. have i made boneheaded investments that i lost out on... definitely, and more than one. sometimes you have to take a loss, or wait it out and buy again at the nadir of the price curve, or hold it and hope that it eventually pays dividends. the ONLY time its worthwhile to bitch and moan is when an exchange screws you over and takes your entire portfolio and disappears. of course, due diligence in researching the exchange is your responsibility, just as it is researching the cryptocurrencies you think about investing in. and if you cant affford to lose the money you plan on investing, dont invest. nothing is certain. and to start the FUDapalooza less than two months since ethereum began trading, its the sign of an impatient investor. and theyll NEVER make that overnight millions if they cant innovate the system themselves and instead just hope to profit off of someone elses work. its easy to yell "scam! scam! SCAM!" when things dont go your way or when someone profits more than YOU do, its much harder to take personal responsibility for ones own choices.

and i DID offer to fed-ex a kitten in exchange for their unwanted ETH. kittens are cute, ethereum to them is ugly and vile, so its a wonderful trade off. (laughs) you despereately need to recharge your sarcasm-o-meters batteries.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:53:20 PM

if they truly think ETH is a scam, then why did they invest?

An interesting question, actually. I don't think that Ethereum is scam but I didn't invest...
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:54:39 PM

of course they wont. im just trying to illustrate how silly some of the people here sound. no currency, crypto or otherwise, will EVER have a pure value gain. there will always be bear and bull trends in the marketplace. if they truly think ETH is a scam, then why did they invest? were they coerced into investing, of course not. we make our own decisions on what to invest in, and live with the consequences for good or ill. have i made boneheaded investments that i lost out on... definitely, and more than one. sometimes you have to take a loss, or wait it out and buy again at the nadir of the price curve, or hold it and hope that it eventually pays dividends. the ONLY time its worthwhile to bitch and moan is when an exchange screws you over and takes your entire portfolio and disappears. of course, due diligence in researching the exchange is your responsibility, just as it is researching the cryptocurrencies you think about investing in. and if you cant affford to lose the money you plan on investing, dont invest. nothing is certain. and to start the FUDapalooza less than two months since ethereum began trading, its the sign of an impatient investor. and theyll NEVER make that overnight millions if they cant innovate the system themselves and instead just hope to profit off of someone elses work. its easy to yell "scam! scam! SCAM!" when things dont go your way or when someone profits more than YOU do, its much harder to take personal responsibility for ones own choices.

and i DID offer to fed-ex a kitten in exchange for their unwanted ETH. kittens are cute, ethereum to them is ugly and vile, so its a wonderful trade off. (laughs) you despereately need to recharge your sarcasm-o-meters batteries.

It's funny that you think that all of us have invested there... You know there are some people who do there research before investing into a coin, and not just go in based on hype.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:37:30 AM

It's funny that you think that all of us have invested there... You know there are some people who do there research before investing into a coin, and not just go in based on hype.

Investing on hype can be quick profit very easy, but definitely not suitable for a long term coin like ETH. I expect more from them.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:17:51 PM

We have a huge additional supply of nearly 3/4 million coins per month, devs dumping and decreasing volume, decreasing buy orders, increasing sell orders.

On the long run - with working dapps - it may will go up again but first it will go down further.

I am shorting the shit out of this coin.

Someone is supporting this coin now. Look at the bad news for ETH and by now I would have expected it to go below 0.002 but till now it is still holding above 0.0025.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

I did not buy ethereum when it launched. So it is a good time to buy it now?

Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:04:30 PM

We have a huge additional supply of nearly 3/4 million coins per month, devs dumping and decreasing volume, decreasing buy orders, increasing sell orders.

On the long run - with working dapps - it may will go up again but first it will go down further.

No, roughly 1 million per month.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:07:59 PM

What is wrong with Ethereum??? I hold a couple of thousand ETH, the price has been declining for weeks now??
Should I dump or hodl???

Ethereum was highly overpriced, the concept is great, but without valuable layers upon the protocol it are just words. The dump was very logical, 0.05 per coin with a new coin, come on, not feasible. Sorry for your loss though, I think Ether will fall more, but that's just my 2 satoshi's Smiley

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:14:00 PM

Just by looking at the chart, the answer is so obvious:  No.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:18:00 PM

Just by looking at the chart, the answer is so obvious:  No.

As much as it has fallen it is still far above presale levels. It can potentially fall a lot further.  Ethereum is a project built on future expectations that may still be several years away based on the pace of development.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:39:07 PM

Then you missed the big chance. People who bought at launch gain %1000 profit. People who bought at exchanges only lose money. It's already over. Ethereum was a big scam and it's dead now.
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Yeah, it's going to IPO prices. Just too much headwind.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:24:35 PM

Ethereum seems to have a high burn rate.

400'000 USD per month. 2 Million Dollars left to burn.
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:46:09 AM

Ethereum seems to have a high burn rate.

400'000 USD per month. 2 Million Dollars left to burn.

that's crazy, how stupid is that?
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:53:04 AM

ETH got a big dump, skip it

RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:11:59 AM

ETH got a big dump, skip it

Yup, 40 million dollars are missing from the market cap since september.

It is not a coincidence.

Yes bitcoin lost some market cap too in the past, but unlike bitcoin, ETH has very greedy devs and spend their fund wrecklessly.

letsplayagame

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:30:53 PM

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Morden

New testnet

Chess, Bitcoin, Privacy and Freedom
Code:
 Make BTC Donations via XMR.TO or Shapeshift XMR: 47nMGDMQxEB8CWpWT7QgBLDmTSxgjm9831dVeu24ebCeH8gNPG9RvZAYoPxW2JniKjeq5LXZafwdPWH7AmX2NVji3yYKy76 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: