Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:41:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Books4coin  (Read 682 times)
books4coin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:51:08 PM

Hello guys,

today I want to introduce my new project: Books4coin.pw

Who are you?
- We are a basically a one-man-show from Europe.

What is this project about?
- I want to offer an online shop for people who want to buy ebooks.

What makes this project so special?
- We just accept Bitcoin (perhaps some altcoins later). We will never accept fiat money. And you have the opportunity to publish your self-written ebooks.

Do you accept any kind of ebooks?
- Generally, yes. The topic of your ebook (Bitcoin, fantasy, novel, thriller etc.) doesn't matter for us.
The only things that matters, is that you send a proof of ownership. We need something which shows us that you wrote the ebook and not someone else.

Do I get money for publishing my ebook?
- Yes, of course! You'll earn a part of the revenue. How much exactly you'll earn depends on our individual agreement.

What I'm currently working on and what needs to be done:

- SSL certificate
- Marketing of the shop
- More ebooks
- Logo

If you are interested in a partnership, then please send an email to books4coin [at] gmail.com
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:02:32 PM

This is quite a good idea, definitely proof of author is needed.  Would be good also once up and running to have some kind of quarterly competition and the winner would get their book published and earn 100% of the revenue, just an idea.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

Seems good, though I think you'd be better off with a more standard domain rather than a .pw domain as a .pw domain is usually one that is just bought by people who don't actually want to invest enough for a .com domain Wink I'd like this though, I feel there's too big a barrier to entry for eBook publishing on the fly at the moment.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
books4coin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:22:44 PM

Thanks guys for your replies!

Would be good also once up and running to have some kind of quarterly competition and the winner would get their book published and earn 100% of the revenue, just an idea.

This is a very good suggestion, thank you!  Smiley
I will definitely considers this once the shop is running.

Seems good, though I think you'd be better off with a more standard domain rather than a .pw domain as a .pw domain is usually one that is just bought by people who don't actually want to invest enough for a .com domain Wink
That comes also on list on what I'm working! Thank you!
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:46:47 PM

This is a welcoming project but if I may ask is it like e-junkies website, where users can upload their ebook for sale?
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:38:45 PM

We definitely need more E-commerce sites like this that take Bitcoin. I've got the source to a trading card store on my other hard drive. I'm currently working on a social lending site which I hope to get up and running soon. I do a few hours of coding a day learning new thing and more importantly learning cakePHP. I've heard that simply knowing one framework will land you stable income as a freelance programmer.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
stuff0577

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 12:44:27 AM

You can use start ssl I know it is free

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:31:00 AM

I pretty much enjoyed your idea. Unfortunately, I'm not able to join you as a partner. But I seriously believe you will find someone who thinks your project might be worth it.
mj2121989

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:35:11 AM

This is just what I needed. I hate having to exchange my btc first to buy ebooks.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: