Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:01:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what are the odds of another november 2013 style run-up of btc prices ?
zero
2%
33%
50/50
75%
98%

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: poll: will there ever be another run-up ?  (Read 3206 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:35:37 PM

Not even worried, though. I gained my btc from signature campaigns and trading. But back to the topic, I'm not too optimistic on this matter. Well as you said, continuous decline for 2 years, no big events happening and even the people aren't happy about it. Unless there would be another Willy bot, then another run-up is possible, maybe surpassing the ATH.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:57:14 PM

How are we at a 2 year decline when the price bottomed in January?
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:01:53 PM

almost two years of decline; confidence is down; sentiment is loooow

what are you currently thinking about the possibility of another major run-up of btc prices ? are you losing your faith, or are you not worried at all ?
Yes i am a bit worried about bitcoin price but no i have not lost the faith..Bitcoin is now commodity and becoming stable by each passing day..Earlier bitcoin was so volatile but now since months it hanging between $220 to $280.
I seriously wish bitcoin should rise and break all records as many people expects but it will not happen till the block reward reduce to half and more and more people becomes interested in bitcoins. Smiley
Jon Connor

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:54:43 PM

Two things need to happen.

1. the block halving next year

2. the block size needs to increase...again next year

the question is Do we go lower before we go higher?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:22:14 PM

Two things need to happen.

1. the block halving next year

2. the block size needs to increase...again next year

the question is Do we go lower before we go higher?

I agree with 1 and 2 if we wanna see a larger run up into the 4 digits again.
However I don't believe we are going much lower as we already are or had been. Meaning that $200-$220 seems to be a pretty solid bottom.
Nami

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:56:02 AM

what are you currently thinking about the possibility of another major run-up of btc prices ? are you losing your faith, or are you not worried at all ?

This might happen but I am not worried at all because I know time will come that it will dominate in all over the world.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:53:52 AM

This might happen but I am not worried at all because I know time will come that it will dominate in all over the world.

How can you fully believe that though? China and a lot of other countries have already shut down and banned the acceptance of bitcoin.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
HydroThunder

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:07:50 AM

I believe we have just been through about more or less than 16-18 months of downward action. Some say it will continue, others will argue that we are out of that trend. These  price movements can be draining. It is not surprising that people are looking at the future based off those very dismal months.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:29:27 AM

Of course there is.  Anything traded in a public exchange always has a chance of a run up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:45:20 PM

for what kind of time frame we are talking about? within 2015 the chances are very low, but in 2016 are obviously much higher at least 50% in the latter case and probably the first option for 2015(2%)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:46:34 PM

I don't see why would we lose our faith. Ok, price has been sliding down for a while but that was one huge bubble that had to deflate. Those Bitcoin prices of around $1,000 just weren't justified and they couldn't last.

If you read right signs you would be able to see that we are going in the right direction. VC investments, general news about Bitcoin, big companies and banks showing interest about blockchain, etc.. The only thing holding down the price is the unsolved block size debate, since this is quite big. Once we solve this, price will increase again!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:52:13 PM

That unusual price spike of 2013 was caused mainly by Willy Bot. http://www.coindesk.com/bot-named-willy-did-mt-goxs-automated-trading-pump-bitcoin-price/ Bitcoin's price on Mt. Gox rocketed from around $200 in early November to its $1,236 all-time high on 4th December, all thanks to this tool. I don't think we will see something similar in the future. So no, there won't be another run-up.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10429

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:00:20 PM

for what kind of time frame we are talking about? within 2015 the chances are very low, but in 2016 are obviously much higher at least 50% in the latter case and probably the first option for 2015(2%)

Actually, if we are talking about a timeframe and tweaking the hypothetical of this thread with more specifics, I would put the odds a bit differently.

Let's say that we are talking about a run up that is very similar to 2013 - that is a run up from today's prices to anywhere between 5x and 10x run up on prices within a couple of months - which would put the run up in the $1,200 to $2,400 range. 

Really, we almost have to rule out $1,200 as a very likely scenario because we have already been there, and many of us realize the logic and the dynamics that a new high would likely shoot quite a bit passed the old high...   accordingly, the $2,400 and above price territories seems much more likely for such a run-up, especially once BTC prices would start to get in the 4 digits arena.

My current speculation based on such a scenario as I describe above in 2015:  10 to 20%

Chances for such in 2016:   20-30%

I personally consider the odds for such to be NOT so much different between whether they occur in 2015 or 2016 even though we are running out of time in 2015, but there does seem to be a considerable battle at the moment and a long term of keeping BTC prices in the $220 to $290 range.  Surely, some of the recent volume is fake (or at least a kind of making of appearances without meaningful substance), but overall, I believe that we are seeing fairly consistent increase in the battle through the volume over the past about 7 weeks.. which seems to bring considerable potential for a break to the upside - maybe even breaking out of the $220 to $290 range within the next few weeks?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:56:20 PM

Not worried at all, since i believe there's too much money to be made on bitcoin for people to simply give it off.
The longer it stays in these or lower values, the better, for me at least, i just want to accumulate anything i can, and i think everyone should.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:05:00 PM

Not worried at all, since i believe there's too much money to be made on bitcoin for people to simply give it off.
The longer it stays in these or lower values, the better, for me at least, i just want to accumulate anything i can, and i think everyone should.

^ this

buy now or weep later
arvis

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:31:50 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 03:53:14 PM by arvis

The true believers are accumulating.
We know that we will be laughing all the way to the bank (or wallet, I should say).  Smiley
suda123

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:17:53 AM

The true believers are accumulation.
We know that we will be laughing all the way to the bank (or wallet, I should say).  Smiley

LOL I just imagined us laughing our way to the bank, then going wait I have bitcoin then we turn around.
arvis

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:53:49 PM

The true believers are accumulation.
We know that we will be laughing all the way to the bank (or wallet, I should say).  Smiley

LOL I just imagined us laughing our way to the bank, then going wait I have bitcoin then we turn around.

Yup, we have to adapt our jokes to the Bitcoin world.  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10429

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:15:20 AM

On the verge of a run-up within the parameters of the questions posed in this thread?  - maybe such  "run-up" will come after the November Fed auction of 44k coins?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:26:31 AM

Another run-up? Maybe we're on run-up right now, bitcoin price was about $220, but now bitcoin price already reached $270 just now
Do you think we're on run-up right now, guys?

nope dont think so. It's the third time we see 220 to 270+ this year.

If we look back in the charts, the "bubbles" break through a major resistance level before a real run up started.
For example: In october 2013 it took 10 days to break 207 resistance in an epic battle of bulls and bears. After it the momentum is increasing and the real rally started.

Interesting side note: 207 is the massive support level now

I think we need such an event to confirm a new run up. This could be somewhere around 400, dont know.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: