Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:39:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trendon Shavers Saga continues...  (Read 10441 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 10:55:29 AM

Dear User,

We regret to inform you that GPUMAX will be permanently closing on October 31st, 2012.

While we strongly believe in Bitcoin's continued success, our vision has always been to provide our users with the greatest opportunities to utilize their GPU processing power. Creating a mining marketplace was meant to be the first of many such opportunities, however, due to the events of recent months, we feel that the best course of action is to cease all operations.

Thank you for participating in our beta.

Regards,

The GPUMAX Team

support@gpumax.co (yes CO and not COM)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:00:41 AM

Nothing unexpected about this. 

I notice that pirate's forum account was last used about 10 days ago.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:01:38 AM

I for one would sure like some info on his lawyer, because the Government won't say shit after all complaints are filled, other than it's being 'looked into' and for a Civil Claim, I have to throw more good money after bad to hire someone to track him down and serve him papers in person.

Hopefully the Government can hang a large enough felony on him that he ends up some big black guy's bitch and I can kiss my BTC away with less regret.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:25:21 PM

This is the most non-update update I could have imagined.

more or less retired.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:05:48 AM

not shocked

Says the guy who sent the co-owner of GPUMAX 40,000 BTC as an investment that supposedly returns 7% per week. LOL!

Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:07:16 AM

I for one would sure like some info on his lawyer, because the Government won't say shit after all complaints are filled, other than it's being 'looked into' and for a Civil Claim, I have to throw more good money after bad to hire someone to track him down and serve him papers in person.

Hopefully the Government can hang a large enough felony on him that he ends up some big black guy's bitch and I can kiss my BTC away with less regret.

I don't think he has a lawyer.

But you say the Govt will say something after all complaints are filled?  When do you expect that to be?

Weren't you the one spearheading a legal case against pirate to recover funds? Oh right you are broke that's why lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 02:40:16 AM

I've received an email from a former employer of Trendon who goes into detail of what type of character he is. The sender did offer up a phone number to call him and didn't ask of me to keep the correspondence confidential. It was sent to my bitcoin100 yahoo address (.com).

Before I post it, I want to make sure that that's the correct thing to do. Instead of copy and pasting the content, I would rather take a screenshot of it, thus showing that it's authentic. I can send the image to a mod or admin first and let them post it after seeing it, if that's a better option.

Please advise me my next course of action.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 03:49:55 AM

^ Waiting for a response.

~Bruno K~
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:52:59 AM

^ Waiting for a response.

~Bruno K~

You can send it to me and I'll tell you what I think.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:59:35 AM

Just cut+paste it while removing phone numbers and email addresses, if anybody wants it PM it to them so it doesn't get a thousand interweb troll calls and he just gets a new number. Not like a screencap is any proof whatsoever anyways
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:03:56 AM

Yep, just C&P it with information redacted (you can post that later if it seems appropriate).  A screenshot's not more authentic proof and I think you're trusted enough around here that people are going to accept your word if you say you haven't altered anything significant.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Maged
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:06:02 AM

No reason for a screenshot, since that is just about as easy to fake as a copy/paste. The only way you could prove it is by letting someone access your email account. That way, that person would only need to trust Yahoo. That being said, I highly doubt that this is something that needs that kind of assurance, so just post it.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:09:30 AM

No reason for a screenshot, since that is just about as easy to fake as a copy/paste. The only way you could prove it is by letting someone access your email account. That way, that person would only need to trust Yahoo. That being said, I highly doubt that this is something that needs that kind of assurance, so just post it.

I don't own photoshop and don't even know how to superimpose an image onto another, but I can post a screenshot that should prove that it's real. It'll be here in a couple minutes.

~Bruno K~
Maged
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:12:54 AM

I don't own photoshop and don't even know how to superimpose an image onto another, but I can post a screenshot that should prove that it's real. It'll be here in a couple minutes.

~Bruno K~
You don't need photoshop to alter an email. Just post the text, redacting whatever you want. It's fair to say that we can just trust you.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:23:34 AM

~Bruno K~
You don't need photoshop to alter an email. Just post the text, redacting whatever you want. It's fair to say that we can just trust you.

I was just going to pen that same exact thing. Upon seeing it, Maged, if you desire to see the larger crop showing all the relative information, please let me know and I'll PM it to you.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:33:07 AM

~Bruno K~

I was just going to pen that same exact thing. Upon seeing it, Maged, if you desire to see the larger crop showing all the relative information, please let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Thanks for the headsup, Bruno. Did his employer give any other information like his current address and phone numbers of his (Trendon Shavers) ?
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:38:47 AM

HOw fun this is

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:39:50 AM

~Bruno K~

Thanks for the headsup, Bruno. Did his employer give any other information like his current address and phone numbers of his (Trendon Shavers) ?

That is the entire text, sans the name, phone numbers, address of company, etc. From the email, it appears he's willing to share any info he has to anybody who would listen. I suggest only one individual to contact him who's capable of gleaning more info from him and sharing the conversation with us, within reason of course.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:43:58 AM

I'm going to need a consus as to which individual is must suited and going to follow through with the call. I'm also ready to show a larger screenshot of the email to the right person. Maged?

~Bruno K~
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:45:34 AM

Maged has my vote, hes already online.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: