Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trendon Shavers Saga continues...  (Read 10446 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:47:02 AM

Maged has my vote, hes already online.

Actually, the Maged suggestion was in reference to the providing of the larger screenshot and not the call, but whatever.

I, personal don't have an answer to your question, Goat, but I'm sure somebody else may.

~Bruno K~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:52:04 AM

Actually, the Maged suggestion was in reference to the providing of the larger screenshot and not the call, but whatever.

I, personal don't have an answer to your question, Goat, but I'm sure somebody else may.

~Bruno K~

I trust Phinnaeus to make the call, but did you even have anything invested or just helping the community out as a whole?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:53:27 AM

From the sounds of it, my money is on trendon walking away from this unscathed... I certainly hope not, but unless someone follows thru, I have a feeling this will end up being in a "will get to later" file...

AR
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

It might be worth whoever contacts the former employer passing on the contact details of the guy from the SEC who was looking into pirate's ponzi.  It couldn't hurt for investigators to be aware that he's acted fraudulently in the past.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:05:17 AM

I'm going to need a consus as to which individual is must suited and going to follow through with the call. I'm also ready to show a larger screenshot of the email to the right person. Maged?

~Bruno K~
Again, I don't see the point. I have no reason to doubt that the email is real.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 05:07:21 AM

~Bruno K~

I trust Phinnaeus to make the call, but did you even have anything invested or just helping the community out as a whole?

I wish I could make the call, but in this case any expected results would fall short, therefore somebody else is needed.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 05:09:22 AM

I'm going to need a consus as to which individual is must suited and going to follow through with the call. I'm also ready to show a larger screenshot of the email to the right person. Maged?

~Bruno K~

The offer was more in line with showing the complete contact information, and not necessarily proving it's real.

~Bruno K~
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:14:00 AM

~Bruno K~

The offer was more in line with showing the complete contact information, and not necessarily proving it's real.

~Bruno K~
I guess. But I won't do much with it other than a basic internet-based check.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 05:23:55 AM

~Bruno K~

~Bruno K~
I guess. But I won't do much with it other than a basic internet-based check.

I just searched this forum and ran across a post(s) discussing the company. The only question I have is why he contacted me. The email address he sent from matches his. I guess I can do an email tracking thingy on yahoo to see if it came from that source or if somebody else sent the email to me, somehow masking/using that guys email address. I'm not sure how that's done, but believe it's possible.

~Bruno K~

EDIT: The IP it was sent from is located in China Spring, TX. The business is in Plano, TX.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:30:35 AM

No reason for a screenshot, since that is just about as easy to fake as a copy/paste. The only way you could prove it is by letting someone access your email account. That way, that person would only need to trust Yahoo. That being said, I highly doubt that this is something that needs that kind of assurance, so just post it.

I don't own photoshop and don't even know how to superimpose an image onto another, but I can post a screenshot that should prove that it's real. It'll be here in a couple minutes.

~Bruno K~
You don't need photoshop to alter an email. Just post the text, redacting whatever you want. It's fair to say that we can just trust you.

I was just going to pen that same exact thing. Upon seeing it, Maged, if you desire to see the larger crop showing all the relative information, please let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Thanks for the headsup, Bruno. Did his employer give any other information like his current address and phone numbers of his (Trendon Shavers) ?

That is the entire text, sans the name, phone numbers, address of company, etc. From the email, it appears he's willing to share any info he has to anybody who would listen. I suggest only one individual to contact him who's capable of gleaning more info from him and sharing the conversation with us, within reason of course.

~Bruno K~

What is our goal at this point? What information are we trying to gain?
Probably information on him that would lead to a successful legal action against him. By the way, how's your efforts at repossessing your bitcoins from him going? It seems that he's evaporated lately so any new information would be gold.

~Bruno K~

Either Maged or you would be great to call him. I'm not in the States now so sadly I can't volunteer.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 05:38:04 AM

This guy could make the call: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=66121 Remember, he's the one who called Trendon's dad.

Also, Zach Nakaska Linkedin worked for the same guy, and he's one of TS's partners.

~Bruno K~
repentance

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:57:42 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 06:21:25 AM by repentance

This guy could make the call: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=66121 Remember, he's the one who called Trendon's dad.

Also, Zach Nakaska Linkedin worked for the same guy, and he's one of TS's partners.

~Bruno K~

I think that's a bad idea given that he also talked about things such as involving Trendon's wife's ex-husband and stuff.  

Phin, it's obvious that the former employer concerned is The Lending Partners (no surprise there).  As they're a legitimate business, they're probably not going to want to get involved in any kind of vigilante justice so you really need to make sure that whoever talks to them can keep it calm and rational.

Probably information on him that would lead to a successful legal action against him.

Has anyone even tried consulting a US lawyer about possible causes of action against Trendon?  Tried having him served at his father's address?  While any information The Lending Partners can provide is obviously useful in terms of background stuff, it's not relevant to the facts of Trendon's activities within this community.  It might push authorities to regard him as a serial fraudster, though.  One question to ask The Lending Partners is whether they ever considered taking legal action against Trendon and why they decided not to ( does he keep himself "judgement-proof", for instance).

It might also be worth asking whether there was any indication that either Ryland Shavers or Zach Nakaska were involved in Trendon's sketchiness.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 06:15:07 AM

~Bruno K~

I think that's a bad idea given that he also talked about things such as involving Trendon's wife's ex-husband and stuff.  

Phin, it's obvious that the former employer concerned is The Lending Partners (no surprise there).  As they're a legitimate business, they're probably not going to want to get involved in any kind of vigilante justice so you really need to make sure that whoever talks to them can keep it calm and rational.

Probably information on him that would lead to a successful legal action against him.

Has anyone even tried consulting a US lawyer about possible causes of action against Trendon?  Tried having him served at his father's address?  While any information The Lending Partners can provide is obviously useful in terms of background stuff, it's not relevant to the facts of Trendon's activities within this community.  It might push authorities to regard him as a serial fraudster, though.  One question to ask The Lending Partners is whether they ever considered taking legal action against Trendon and why they decided not to ( does he keep himself "judgement-proof", for instance).

You are correct. The contact person's initials are TP and the last four digits of the phone number is 1900. Again, from the tone of the email, I'm sure this guy would be most helpful.

Glad I could help in this. Maybe now my ignores will go down one tick.  Roll Eyes

~Bruno K~
repentance

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:45:58 AM

So what's happening with this, Phin?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 01:58:37 PM

I have passed the information to a person who PM'ed me. Information that has been posted before on this forum, as well as above. I expect a call will probably be made today.

Hope this reply addresses your question, repentance.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:16:20 PM

A conversation did take place this morning with Trendon's previous employer. Look forward to a post/thread as to what that conversation consisted of once he finishes penning it. The call was not initiated by me, but by some other member on this board.

The reason for posting this is because a couple individuals have inquired info on this topic via PM.

~Bruno K~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:26:27 PM

From the sounds of it, my money is on trendon walking away from this unscathed...

Only if he has been training his "walk while looking over your shoulder" skills... Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:31:42 PM

From the sounds of it, my money is on trendon walking away from this unscathed...

Only if he has been training his "walk while looking over your shoulder" skills... Roll Eyes

Surely George Zimmerman doesn't have a cousin in Texas, or does he?

~Cackling Bear~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:37:02 PM

Surely George Zimmerman doesn't have a cousin in Texas, or does he?

I don't know who George Zimmerman is.
What I know is: It's a small world...
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:00:20 PM

He walked up and capped a kid in a old folks community here in Florida and walked on the charges saying he felt threatened. And in the current law if you feel threatened you can "defend" yourself. Texas has similar laws, some states dont mind you killing in public as long as you have a good reason. (Although I think after several months of parades and outage Zimmerman did end up getting arrested.)

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: