Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:45:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could somebody explain bitcoins to me a little bit better?  (Read 877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:51:13 AM

I don't know what their main purpose is. I just know that they cost 300 dollars each. Do they help you make more money? Are they tied with PayPal or a bank account? What is the main point of them? Is it real money, or is it video game money? Something you can only use online? Is it for stock market? Stock trading? I don't understand.

Somebody explain these bitcoins to me now.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

I don't know what their main purpose is. I just know that they cost 300 dollars each. Do they help you make more money? Are they tied with PayPal or a bank account? What is the main point of them? Is it real money, or is it video game money? Something you can only use online? Is it for stock market? Stock trading? I don't understand.

It's a decentralised payment method, it's pseudo-anonymous and it has really low transfer fees...
It has real-world value and can be used to purchase goods/services, or can be helt in the hope the prise will rise in the (near) future.

That being said, how did you manage to make 266 posts without knowing what bitcoin is?

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:03:07 AM

It's a decentralised payment method, it's pseudo-anonymous and it has really low transfer fees...
It has real-world value and can be used to purchase goods/services, or can be helt in the hope the prise will rise in the (near) future.

That being said, how did you manage to make 266 posts without knowing what bitcoin is?
I'm a psychologist, fashion designer and manufacturer of fashion jewelry that took a wrong turn to this website. I'm still here, because I flash guys here and there for $5.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:09:44 AM

So you have some bitcoin on an account you got from flashing, and wonder if it's usefull... Correct?

If that's the case, it's pretty easy to buy some stuff using bitcoin, a lot of stores start to accept it as a payment option... I would personally hold any bitcoin you currently have, because i believe the price will rise in the future... Do not take this as a promise, it's just my personal belief...

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:18:51 AM

So you have some bitcoin on an account you got from flashing, and wonder if it's usefull... Correct?

If that's the case, it's pretty easy to buy some stuff using bitcoin, a lot of stores start to accept it as a payment option... I would personally hold any bitcoin you currently have, because i believe the price will rise in the future... Do not take this as a promise, it's just my personal belief...
No, I took PayPal.
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:33:44 AM

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:15:04 AM

Hello. My name is Jamieson. With my masters degree, I work for myself as a psychologist for people in mental and emotional instability, or crisis.

I give! How does one obtain a MASTERS DEGREE, yet can't do rudimentary research, viz. Google "What is Bitcoin"?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 02:18:50 AM

I give! How does one obtain a MASTERS DEGREE, yet can't do rudimentary research, viz. Google "What is Bitcoin"?

Esp someone as gifted as the OP, who can get a masters degree in psychology at age 23!   Roll Eyes

That requires a bachelors degree (3-5 years) and M.D (4 years) plus an internship and residency (together usually 3-5 years) before licensing.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:03:49 AM

Esp someone as gifted as the OP, who can get a masters degree in psychology at age 23!   Roll Eyes

That requires a bachelors degree (3-5 years) and M.D (4 years) plus an internship and residency (together usually 3-5 years) before licensing.

Perhaps a quick learner, capable of sailing a fully rigged barque single-handedly around the flat Earth while blindfolded.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:42:04 AM

Hello. My name is Jamieson. With my masters degree, I work for myself as a psychologist for people in mental and emotional instability, or crisis.

Obviously I can Google. I just choose not to. Is it so evil to ask bitcoiners what a bitcoin is?

Forgive me for asking questions, instead of googling them.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:43:17 AM

Actually, I was 22. I'm 23 now, but turning 24 this November.
CanIHazBitcoin777

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:44:00 AM

1) Free internet money, that you can transfer easily and conveniently, cheaply, without any extra paperwork or hassle
2) It is easy to aquire and easy to spend
3) Safe,secure, decentralized, no need for middleman
etc....

Read up on bitcoin.org if you are newbie
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:45:14 AM

1) Free internet money, that you can transfer easily and conveniently, cheaply, without any extra paperwork or hassle
etc....

How do I transfer it into money?

How do I make it?
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:47:04 AM

Ugh.

You don't like me, but you keep posting in my threads?

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:49:46 AM

Haha...

I don't feel technology wizards are aliens. Just really...advanced people.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:51:17 AM

Also?! How dare you call me mainstream! I am a half black half Asian (Blasian) goddess. I am all, but mainstream.
CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:56:44 AM

etc....

How do I make it?

Bitcoin is money.

I dont understand why you ask newbie questions like that. You are already a member with 273 posts. If you need more answers about bitcoin you should go to bitcoin.org or post in the beginner sector:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:00:09 AM

etc....

How do I make it?

Bitcoin is money.

I dont understand why you ask newbie questions like that. You are already a member with 273 posts. If you need more answers about bitcoin you should go to bitcoin.org or post in the beginner sector:

I don't know. I'm not into computers that much. I don't really study computers, so how am I suppose to even have interest?

I just clicked onto this forum, and liked posting here.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:27:49 AM

So she would have to have graduated high school at age 13 at the latest, which is clearly impossible. Unless...

OP-wa Chiyo-chan desu ka?!

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:29:49 AM

etc....

How do I make it?

Bitcoin is money.

I don't know. I'm not into computers that much. I don't really study computers, so how am I suppose to even have interest?

I just clicked onto this forum, and liked posting here.

If you dont know about bitcoin at all then definitely go to bitcoin.org and then  bitcoin wiki
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

I dont know how much you know or not so you should check the basics there and for specific questions ask in the beginner section.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: