News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you/have you trade(d) based off panicked feelings/emotions
Yes, 1-3 times maybe...
Yes, quite a few times
Yes, I have weak hands!
No! Hodl or die!
No, but my emotions almost made me make a bad/good trade!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade based off emotions?  (Read 3689 times)
HydroThunder (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:11:51 AM

To the poll; have emotions influenced your trading decisons before?  I'm curious to see how many if us have fallen for our own mind games. Do not look at it from the lens of now. But think back to the time and try and figure out if it was an panicked choice, or a logical one.

Did you sell while the prices were falling from the ATL because of panic? Did you buy LTC at 30 dollars? Try and differentiate between sound choices and pure emotional speculation. This may be a good thread for people to reflect and see if they are making their trades wisely or not. Although someone's best logical choices might be worse than someone's best emotional choices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:33:13 AM

To the poll; have emotions influenced your trading decisons before?  I'm curious to see how many if us have fallen for our own mind games. Do not look at it from the lens of now. But think back to the time and try and figure out if it was an panicked choice, or a logical one.

Did you sell while the prices were falling from the ATL because of panic? Did you buy LTC at 30 dollars? Try and differentiate between sound choices and pure emotional speculation. This may be a good thread for people to reflect and see if they are making their trades wisely or not. Although someone's best logical choices might be worse than someone's best emotional choices.

I would trade based on my observation and investigations if I can see that it is doing well I'm sure it can attract a lot of investors but if its not then it wont attract any investors, but I cant see the point of this trade based on emotions?
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:40:38 AM

The way I trade is 60% based on observation and 40% based on gut feel
But some times it's the other way around 60% based on gut feel and 40% based on observation
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:00:08 AM

yeah and that's why i'm not particularly good at it, some time you stay hours analyzing and then the trend shift completely, and fuck you anyway so i just follow my feel

i believe that who is earning the real money, are the same who lead the market, casual dude can not really earn anything no matter how good he is
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:07:24 AM

Kind of.

At least, if I have a bad feeling about a possible trade I won't open a position. I'd rather miss an opportunity than lose actual money.

Once I've opened a position I'll already know what the possible outcomes are, and I'll have a plan for those outcomes, and I'll stick to the plan. I've learned the hard way that making up new plans on the fly is an easy way to lose money - I guess this would be trading off emotions, and it's not profitable! (Well, it's not profitable for me).

I guess emotions could cloud my judgement when I'm analysing and planning, though. That's difficult to avoid completely.

This space intentionally left blank.
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:13:53 AM

I base my trade on trending, I noticed that every weekend BTC-USD slows down, then it's starts to pick up start of the week, but its not always like that. But most of the time I rely on how I feel, if feel like it's not my day to earn BTC through trading then I don't. I don't like maps or graphs, that's not for me.

maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:18:30 AM

I base my trade on trending, I noticed that every weekend BTC-USD slows down, then it's starts to pick up start of the week, but its not always like that. But most of the time I rely on how I feel, if feel like it's not my day to earn BTC through trading then I don't. I don't like maps or graphs, that's not for me.

that's exactly how i look at it aswell

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:50:20 AM

I've traded based on emotions before. Overall, I've lost roughly around $200 because of that and a previous gambling problem I had (I'm a lot better now) which was also heavily influenced by emotions.

Basically I've learned that it's a bad thing to mix money and emotions. 10/10 would not recommend.

I'm now just buying and holding until 2020 no matter what happens. Hopefully I'll somehow get a profit in the future.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:35:55 AM

at the very beginning i have used to do emotion based trades. they only weren't that successful. that's when you see that way of trading isn't helping me.
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:55:00 AM

I think most of the traders experienced the downside of emotions – panicking and closing out a trade at the worst possible moment and being too greedy and taking on an excessive amount of risk. For these loses we have to blame our emotions, believing that they made or believe us to trade worse than we should.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Emotions always plays a part in every trade. The experienced traders learn to suppress emotions and base decisions on charts, signals and market developments. Some people just can't be traders because they are too emotional, and some are born successful because of his personal traits.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:14:26 AM

Everybody trade with emotions, no exceptions. It made me lose a lot of money when I used to trade. It just what it us, I am a human not a machine. Nothing I can do here and thats why I have stopped trading probably.

For example, I just sold all of my ethers 2 days ago, but that was not trading on the emotions because price has fallen even though I was very emotional (pissed as hell). I just don't see this project as serious no more.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:13:44 PM

Everybody trade with emotions, no exceptions. It made me lose a lot of money when I used to trade. It just what it us, I am a human not a machine. Nothing I can do here and thats why I have stopped trading probably.

For example, I just sold all of my ethers 2 days ago, but that was not trading on the emotions because price has fallen even though I was very emotional (pissed as hell). I just don't see this project as serious no more.

A few times I dumped Bitcoins based on emotions and saved myself from losing money because Bitcoin continued crashing like ether did yesterday. Apart from that I mostly lost money by trading based on emotions. Greed and fear got the better of me, and I held at the top and sold at the bottom. They say Making money through trading in a bear market must be much harder than money through trading in a bull market. I might wait until the next bull market starts before I try seriously trading again.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:40:52 PM

I have traded whenever I was needed money I sold without caring the trend of market.If I think well may be at start I took one or two traded which were truly based on emotions.I have my plan to hold on long term for big prices to reach.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:58:05 PM

When I feel that it might be good i thin i would follow my intuitions and invest.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:09:31 PM

I don't trade BTC purely because I don't know I could trust an exchange to keep viable if using a large chunk of money.

About 20 years ago I was an amateur Commodity trader (not a successful one), and emotion got me everytime.  I could be cold and logical with paper trading and kept logs of the trades, but in live trades I couldn't hack it - kept second guessing myself.

If I knew a place to trust for holding money while waiting for the next inter-day trade then I might have a dabble, as I've watched my cold storage value swing wildly without batting an eyelid.  I don't really want the cash, but would be interested in switching in and out of Gold/BTC to park it when not in use.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:15:46 PM

Nope. I simply look at the market and whether it is the right time to buy or sell. Before Bitcoin trading I have used to trade stocks and there I have done a few trades where my emotions got the best of me.

That's how I know that I won't make the same mistake with Bitcoin. It's a matter of experience that's helping you not to make rookie mistakes.
mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

I would, most of the time my instincts are right and I just have to follow it whenever I do something.
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:40:39 PM

Yes,quite a few time I did trade under influence of the emotions and later on when I became relaxed realized what I did.I always hold 1 BTC it doesn't matter where price goes as this is purely holding for long long period.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:59:47 PM

Very, very few people can leave emotions behind when it comes to trading. The ones that can are the ones who profit off all the people who aren't ice men.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: