Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has bitcoin had success in China?  (Read 7714 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:25:23 PM

China as far as I know has the largest number of bitcoin mining centers in the world
No doubt, btc is successful in China

That ain't success. That's a few tens of guys minting money and not really caring about anything else.
If only some guys do mining and it is not more popular compared to other countreis then we cannot consider it as a success for China.
bitcoin will look successful when they have been adopted by various groups in that country? many merchants or store that accepts bitcoin as a payment and many transactions that occurred in the neighborhood.
if only people do mining and converts them into fiat. I probably would not say bitcoin success in that country?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:29:20 PM

China as far as I know has the largest number of bitcoin mining centers in the world

That ain't success. That's a few tens of guys minting money and not really caring about anything else.
If only some guys do mining and it is not more popular compared to other countreis then we cannot consider it as a success for China.
bitcoin will look successful when they have been adopted by various groups in that country? many merchants or store that accepts bitcoin as a payment and many transactions that occurred in the neighborhood.
if only people do mining and converts them into fiat. I probably would not say bitcoin success in that country?

Bitcoin can also be successful in China because there are roughly 3x the amount of people there than there are in the United States, and this means there can be a 3x larger user base in China if the demographic proportions are the same.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:49:15 PM

The government apparently is open to bitcoin so this lets it have a chance to succeed.
nope I think the government will never accept bitcoin or legalize bitcoin before bitcoin can be set and can follow the government regulations. it was a silly thing bitcoin is decentralization? people can not intervene in the use of bitcoin or perform additional rules on bitcoin. bitcoin is freedom so it will be difficult for bitcoin to enter into bitcoin
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:05:18 AM

The government apparently is open to bitcoin so this lets it have a chance to succeed.
nope I think the government will never accept bitcoin or legalize bitcoin before bitcoin can be set and can follow the government regulations. it was a silly thing bitcoin is decentralization? people can not intervene in the use of bitcoin or perform additional rules on bitcoin. bitcoin is freedom so it will be difficult for bitcoin to enter into bitcoin

I am agrre with you, goverment always doing only things only profitable for them. Anyway they will make desision not to legalize bitcoin and also they will try limit bitcoin users.

geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:14:28 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 09:13:18 AM by geopolisch

yes, its a great sucess in china
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:30:04 AM

Bitcoin can also be successful in China because there are roughly 3x the amount of people there than there are in the United States, and this means there can be a 3x larger user base in China if the demographic proportions are the same.
The problem with China is that you never know what kind of rules they will force their people to follow.

One day they may be somewhat free to use Bitcoin the way they want, and the other day the Chinese government will come up with policies to slow down Bitcoin usage as they see the popularity of Bitcoin is only increasing.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:24:00 PM

Even if the government shows resistance against the Bitcoins, they will have to stop on people love for bitcoins.
In china bitcoin can be more popular because of more people are there and bitcoin is a people's currency.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:57:39 PM

Because the chinese people are very smart and can see the potential in bitcoin for the future and the problems with government control of fiat money.
rababo

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:35:19 AM

I think that happens because there's lots of miners & local exchange, also many stores already accept Bitcoin in China.
Bitcoin is quite well adapt there.
draceus

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

I am agrre with you, goverment always doing only things only profitable for them. Anyway they will make desision not to legalize bitcoin and also they will try limit bitcoin users.

yeah I agree with you friend bitcoin is success in china because all government only need profit and bitcoin have many good service and for earn money way for people and all government want to provide good service for comfortable in public and after success bitcoin in china

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:11:21 AM

I think bitcoin is not only successful in the land of china. bitcoin success in various countries. I live in asia pacific and bitcoin very successful here. bitcoin outline can be successful because many are using it.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:05:21 AM

I think bitcoin is not only successful in the land of china. bitcoin success in various countries. I live in asia pacific and bitcoin very successful here. bitcoin outline can be successful because many are using it.

Yes bitcoin is also successful in every country where there is a vast user of bitcoin but i think in china there is a vast majority of people living there that is using bitcoin because of the investment they have their.
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:25:51 AM

because i think logically that every each country has its own way.
there is no way certain that in this way, BTC will be successful in a country. depending on the response of the people is also my opinion.  Tongue
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:37:10 PM

BTCC Exchange (and miner) Bobby Lee has another take on why the Chinese government does not care if people buy Bitcoin and send them elsewhere ("capital flight"):

http://bitcoinx.io/news/articles/btcc-exchange-ceo-bobby-lee-shows-how-bitcoin-can-be-used-for-capital-flight/

I read elsewhere today (sorry, don't have the link) that China only cares about DOLLARS being exchanged into YUAN, so sending BTC out is apparently not a concern. 

BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:14:19 PM

My guess is that as the Chinese government tries to impose capital control, Bitcoin becomes the perfect escape for many people. Besides, since there is a lot of Chinese online merchants bitcoin becomes the perfect tool for international transactions.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:15:33 PM

Because Chinese censorship is prompting Chinese citizens to use a currency that can get their wealth out of China. Usually you'd have to do so in illegal means which are difficult and risky, but with BTC it's quite easy, and it offers quite a bit of anonymity as well.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:16:51 PM

My guess is that as the Chinese government tries to impose capital control, Bitcoin becomes the perfect escape for many people. Besides, since there is a lot of Chinese online merchants bitcoin becomes the perfect tool for international transactions.
There are likely a lot of people looking for tax havens and was to get their value into any facet they can in Asia in general, so your hypothesis is likely right.

I wouldn't say that a lot of Chinese merchants know or use Bitcoin yet, but they might in the future.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:34:28 AM

There are likely a lot of people looking for tax havens and was to get their value into any facet they can in Asia in general, so your hypothesis is likely right.

I wouldn't say that a lot of Chinese merchants know or use Bitcoin yet, but they might in the future.

Most Chinese do not know about bitcoin and use it as a tool to evade capital control. The volume of transaction is too small.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:28:11 AM

China is already worked with online currencies in the past so it is easier for them to understand Bitcoin. This gives them a advantage because they have experienced it before.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:46:13 AM

Makes me wonder how China has not yet come up with its own BTC. With a population as big as theirs, the potential for a decentralized crypto currency is endless. And with the huge funds rich Chinese have at their disposal, their own BTC could even surpass the growth of the BTC that we have right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: