Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mined coins mixed with other coins, can I pull just the mined ones offline?  (Read 798 times)
jjiimm_64 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:50:05 AM

excuse my ignorance if this has been covered before

I have a couple of mined blocks in my wallet.  I would like to pull just those out of the wallet to try and keep a couple of 'pure' blocks offline for later use.  I checked the transactions id and my bitcoind has not used any of the btc's in the block addy for any sends ...yet

Is there a way to pull just those coins offline?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 02:54:42 AM

Export all the private keys and use something else (blockchain.info) to import them and spend the non-mined ones away from the wallet.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:04:38 AM

Export all the private keys and use something else (blockchain.info) to import them and spend the non-mined ones away from the wallet.

Along the same vein, make a copy of your wallet, and with that wallet use pywallet to delete the addresses you don't want to spend. (and -rescan after that is done)  Then it won't show the balance that included those blocks you want to keep and you can spend the remainder of that wallet.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:35:20 PM

I believe Armory (it's an extension for the Bitcoin-QT client) will allow you to send specific coins.  You can download it and then separate the random coins from the coins you want to keep.  If Armory won't work for you I've read the Electrum client will do the same thing.  This should be easier than exporting private keys. Tongue

jjiimm_64 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:47:50 PM

Along the same vein, make a copy of your wallet, and with that wallet use pywallet to delete the addresses you don't want to spend. (and -rescan after that is done)  Then it won't show the balance that included those blocks you want to keep and you can spend the remainder of that wallet.

Thanks for all the ideas.  casascius long time no see..

pywallet looks promising . thank you

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: