Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin payment gateway for woocommerce (wordpress)  (Read 1875 times)
Allurestorm (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:43:37 AM

Hi all,
I've been using Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce, version: 3.12 for my website for a while and it was working fine until few weeks ago. I decided to look around in case I find anything better..Is anybody using any other wordpress plugin for BTC payments with woocommerce?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoWoo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

I am working on one. It's still in beta but it's being successfully used in production by a couple merchants for more than 9 months already. The main plugin uses Block.io to handle address creation and payment processing, but I am also working on an addon to support hierarchical deterministic payment address creation via xpub/Ltub/Dgub keys.

Let me know if you want to give it a try!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 12:28:24 PM

Hi all,
I've been using Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce, version: 3.12 for my website for a while and it was working fine until few weeks ago. I decided to look around in case I find anything better..Is anybody using any other wordpress plugin for BTC payments with woocommerce?

Thanks

What you are looking for is Coinsimple. Grab it while it is still free to use.

CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

What you are looking for is Coinsimple.

Well I'd say it depends if Coinsimple is okay with the products or services you want to sell with their solution:

The users agree not to publish, post, upload, distribute, provide or enter any material or information that is illegal, unlawful or can be regarded as fraudulent, libelous, malicious, threatening, offensive, profane, obscene, fanning ethnic or racial tensions, immoral or any such information which any reasonable person would consider objectionable on grounds of good conscience.
https://coinsimple.com/terms-of-service/ 

Also this is in their privacy policy:

The Site may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, browser type, and IP addresses, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics[...]

And this is in addition to the fact that they are most probably also able to link all your customers' email addresses with their bitcoin transactions.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 01:23:17 PM

What you are looking for is Coinsimple.

Well I'd say it depends if Coinsimple is okay with the products or services you want to sell with their solution:

The users agree not to publish, post, upload, distribute, provide or enter any material or information that is illegal, unlawful or can be regarded as fraudulent, libelous, malicious, threatening, offensive, profane, obscene, fanning ethnic or racial tensions, immoral or any such information which any reasonable person would consider objectionable on grounds of good conscience.
https://coinsimple.com/terms-of-service/  

Also this is in their privacy policy:

The Site may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, browser type, and IP addresses, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics[...]

And this is in addition to the fact that they are most probably also able to link all your customers' email addresses with their bitcoin transactions.

The TOS you noted applies to website use, not the plugin. Bitcoin payments go straight to your wallet. Since Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce stopped working reliably it is also the only direct to wallet bitcoin payment plugin available. Don't like it? Don't use it or go with BitPay et al which cost more, have onerous KYC requirements to register and are very invasive of your privacy.

CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 01:37:13 PM

The TOS you noted applies to website use, not the plugin.

So the customers are not redirected to coinsimple's website to make a payment? It may be true, I didn't try it out, but their documentation on github suggests that.

Since Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce stopped working it is also the only direct to wallet bitcoin payment plugin available. Don't like it? Don't use it or go with BitPay et al which cost more, have onerous KYC requirements to register and are very invasive of your privacy.

That's why I pointed out that he could try my plugin which is (when used in connection with the HD wallet addon) a better alternative to Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce than using a payment processor. So if he wants to support the development of an alternative that does not limit what you can use it for and does not collect sensible data about you and your customers he should consider trying it out.

edit: even if you don't use it with the HD wallet addon, the customer data will not be shared with third parties and the processing happens in the store.
johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:20:22 PM

Anybody using anything functional like this with latest woocommerce version?

1. Bitcoinway plugin was my favorite but it slowly stopped working and will not function at all nowadays.
2. Coinsimple worked on older woo releases but as of latest version, it gives a JSON parse error at checkout.  Anybody have a workaround for this?
3. Faircoin - has anybody checked this out yet?  Im slightly confused as to what fair coin is but I understand it to basically allow use of any alt coins.  And the plugins Ive seen appear to upgrade plugin #1 which I liked.  But I can't quite get it to work.
4. Cryptowoo - is there still an active plugin available from u guys?  I believe ur saying its also a middleman-less plugin that allows MPK use?  If so, id love to try it out.  Can u post a link to it if publicly available?
5. GoURL.io - this doesn't use MPK but its the most functional/free/private plugin I could find nowadays.  I wish it used an MPK for generation of addresses though.
6. Coinkite - im very surprised they don't have a published plugin for woocommerce.  Anybody know a way to get this API to function with woocommerce? 

CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

We're nearing the end of the beta for the main plugin and will most probably have the HD wallet addon ready shortly after. The main plugin uses the Block.io multisignature API to generate the payment addresses, which already requires less trust in a third party than the other WooCommerce-ready solutions you mentioned. I think it will take a couple weeks before we release the addon for HD wallets but the main plugin is used in production by several merchants already.

If you want to try it out let me know your email address and I'll send you the main plugin to use right away and the HD addon for testing in a couple days.
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:40:11 AM

I am working on one. It's still in beta but it's being successfully used in production by a couple merchants for more than 9 months already. The main plugin uses Block.io to handle address creation and payment processing, but I am also working on an addon to support hierarchical deterministic payment address creation via xpub/Ltub/Dgub keys.

Let me know if you want to give it a try!

Hey there,
sure, since the current plugin I am using is not working I would be happy to test yours out
CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:30:12 PM

Hey there,
sure, since the current plugin I am using is not working I would be happy to test yours out

Cool! I sent an email to the address in your profile.
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:05:04 PM

thanks!!
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:31:45 AM

sorry but your plugin doesn't work
CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 05:00:59 PM

The plugin does work. There are 8 other merchants where it works fine, 4 of them are using it on their live website for more than 9 months already. The initial configuration can be a bit cumbersome if you aren't comfortable setting up cronjobs and editing the wp-config.php, but it will definitely work if everything is set up correctly.

I am happy to help you setting it up and sent you some instructions on how to create debug info and logfiles so we can find the issue.
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:50:45 PM

we all want to see your plugin working..I'm sure with some tweaks you will overcome these issues..
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:52:03 PM

also remember that merchants may be doing different things..your plugin may work for downloadable items but not for subscriptions..
Allurestorm (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:55:23 PM

The plugin does work. There are 8 other merchants where it works fine, 4 of them are using it on their live website for more than 9 months already. The initial configuration can be a bit cumbersome if you aren't comfortable setting up cronjobs and editing the wp-config.php, but it will definitely work if everything is set up correctly.

I am happy to help you setting it up and sent you some instructions on how to create debug info and logfiles so we can find the issue.

also it's not just about setting up cronjobs and editing the wp-config.php...the conversion rates also do not update so when a user goes to the checkout the final amount that he has to pay it's messed up
johnny508

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:52:25 PM

crypto woo let me beta test his plugin and i must say that he's tackled most of the roadblocks seen in the older "middleman-less" plugins.

I am very excited to see the HD wallet / electrum MPK component at which point I think it will be the best available option for those not looking to go thru middlemen.

obviously, if crypto woo nails it, i really hope every user who uses this at a storefront thinks about how much savings they see from fees, etc. and help keep crypto woos project alive and funded so its kept up to date.

but it really looks good.  of course theres kinks, its a beta but works better than most plugins u find in the woo plugin repository.

CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:14:48 PM

also it's not just about setting up cronjobs and editing the wp-config.php...the conversion rates also do not update so when a user goes to the checkout the final amount that he has to pay it's messed up

Well, the exchange rate update also needs cron to work Smiley I'm really sorry that you are getting frustrated trying to get it working. Maybe you should ask a developer to help you set it up. As I see it, you are having technical difficulties that aren't related to the plugin. Be aware that you are processing payments _yourself_ and there is no way you'll find something that "just works" without either having an idea what you're doing or using a middle-man that does. Of course, such a middle-man will then also charge you a fee and be able to shut you down and keep your money.

As jonny508 said, the plugin still has some kinks, but it is working fine when set up correctly. A couple days ago we released a new version of the main plugin which uses a lot less API calls and let's you process up to 100 concurrent orders. Also, you can now use Shapeshift to accept any altcoin they're supporting and get paid out in either BTC, LTC, or DOGE.

In addition to the improvements in the main plugin, we released the first public version of the HD Wallet Addon. Let me know if you want to give it another go - I'll be happy to help!

edit: they're
CryptoWoo

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:23:06 PM

also remember that merchants may be doing different things..your plugin may work for downloadable items but not for subscriptions..

You didn't mention this before. Obviously I can't test every possible combination of WooCommerce plugins and settings. Which plugin are you using to sell the subscriptions and what issues are you experiencing?
johnny508

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:22:50 AM

Cryptowoo is the best, most well supported plugin for woo as of today.  The dev is talented and the plugin is very mature, mhighly recommendenif u want middlemanless gatewat plugin that works off mpk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: