Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Not Responding  (Read 920 times)
Ap3x (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:35:47 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm new to everything bitcoin and I'm sure this is a problem that many people have had on here, but I can't figure it out on my own. I recently bought 0.25 btc from LBC and as a test I sent a very small amount of it to my wallet to make sure everything was working smoothly. Seems I made the right choice in sending a minuscule amount because Electrum is being all sorts of difficult right now.

Long story short, Electrum is stuck "synchronizing" and there's nothing in my console right now, where there was once some text from the network I was connected to. I figured since the console was empty I should probably just try to load a new network, but every time I try to enter network settings Electrum goes into this "Not Responding" bullshit and needs to be closed.

Anybody able to help?

Thanks
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:07:19 AM

When you mean load a new network, you are referring to changing server? Choose a server manually and see if any works. When in doubt, reinstall and recover with your seed or take your seed to another computer.
Ap3x (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:07:21 PM

Yeah not even uninstalling/recovering with seed seems to be working so I just decided to download a different wallet client. I only sent 5 cents worth of bitcoin so I guess I'll just cut my losses there. Thanks for the advice anyway!
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:03:44 AM

Yeah not even uninstalling/recovering with seed seems to be working so I just decided to download a different wallet client. I only sent 5 cents worth of bitcoin so I guess I'll just cut my losses there. Thanks for the advice anyway!

It must be your network/firewall problem that's causing this issue and even though you cannot access Electrum for whatever reason, your funds are not lost, no matter how small/big of the amount they were, just export your private keys by going to Wallet> Private Keys> Export and you will get the private keys of all the addresses and you can import the private key of the address which contains the funds to whichever wallet you're using.

ampz

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:00:23 AM

It must be your network/firewall problem that's causing this issue and even though you cannot access Electrum for whatever reason, your funds are not lost, no matter how small/big of the amount they were, just export your private keys by going to Wallet> Private Keys> Export and you will get the private keys of all the addresses and you can import the private key of the address which contains the funds to whichever wallet you're using.

That actually turned out to be untrue for me. I'm having the same problem with the wallet stuck synchronizing and I exported the private key and when I try to sweep it with armory I'm told " The private key you have entered is actually not valid for the elliptic curve used by bitcoin (secp256k1). Almost any 64-character hex is a valid private key except for those greater than fffffffffffffffffhoishadoiashdashoi, Please try a different private key.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:36:45 AM

That actually turned out to be untrue for me. I'm having the same problem with the wallet stuck synchronizing and I exported the private key and when I try to sweep it with armory I'm told " The private key you have entered is actually not valid for the elliptic curve used by bitcoin (secp256k1). Almost any 64-character hex is a valid private key except for those greater than fffffffffffffffffhoishadoiashdashoi, Please try a different private key.

Afaik, that's not the problem of Electrum but Armory which doesn't supports compressed keys CMIIW. You would get better help if you ask this in Armory subsection as I have never ever used Armory wallet and don't know how it works.

A dirty workaround is, make a blockchain.info wallet, import the private key there and send all the funds from that address to your Armory wallet address. Although, I am sure there is a better solution which Armory guys might have, so ask there first and leave this option as the last resort.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: