Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Making money on Bitcoin  (Read 1910 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:32:06 AM

Sounds like you weren't putting consistant numbers into the calculator, or the calculator itself was broken or incomplete.

Might also be that you're looking at $ income not BTC income, that WOULD have varied a lot more as BTC price moved around.

no i was looking at the btc value, all the time, as i've wrote there in btc too, the profit remained for a very long time around 0.01 then there was a higher peak around 0.011-0.012 and now the little decline to 0.0097

Its because difficulty was pretty stable during this year, right now its going to go way up because of the next batch/ASIC manufacturer war which just started. Its winter so its a great time to start deploying a lot of miners. Pretty sure all the companies were just waiting for it.

So expect S5 profitability for now to drop and everything should stabilize after the miners catch up with the next gen of hardware.

i can understand this, but this will only lead to a new long way where the profitability will remain again constant for a long time but not with the s5 this time, but with the s7

nothing will really change, the diff does matter, i'm not saying the opposite, my point is that it is overestimated by a long shot

what it matter the most is your electricity cost and the iniital investment

Then indeed, it's the cutoff point for people based on their electricity cost. For most Americans, S5 are going to get bumped off and they will all need to seek more efficient hardware.

Difficulty will always adjust based on overall power cost/overall hardware efficiency. Which means people everywhere in the world that mine with a small margin will probably always be on the losing end.

In essence, anyone that's mining at electricity significantly costlier than the global average will probably always see difficulty as their biggest enemy, while people that pay less than the average know that it'll always balance out for them so they can run the same hardware for probably a gen longer.

Like S5 will totally survive for me during the S7 phase, since S1 is still just barely profitable to me at the moment.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:38:13 AM

One other MAJOR factor to keep in mind - bitcoin reward halfing, probably in July 2016 - THAT is likely to kill any profitability on units prior to the S7 for almost everyone (free electric folks and *MABEY* super-cheap electric folks might still eek out a TINY profit for a while on S5 and SP20 generation units, but even that is starting to look VERY iffy).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:38:50 PM

One other MAJOR factor to keep in mind - bitcoin reward halfing, probably in July 2016 - THAT is likely to kill any profitability on units prior to the S7 for almost everyone (free electric folks and *MABEY* super-cheap electric folks might still eek out a TINY profit for a while on S5 and SP20 generation units, but even that is starting to look VERY iffy).

Hmm, The S5 is still profitable with a 50% raise in difficulty for people under 0.1$/kWh, so i foresee the S5 to be very profitable for quite many people that pay more or less the average electric rate of ~0.04$/kWh.

Assuming the current BTC price stay around.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:34:16 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 09:16:43 AM by QuintLeo

Hmm, The S5 is still profitable with a 50% raise in difficulty for people under 0.1$/kWh, so i foresee the S5 to be very profitable for quite many people that pay more or less the average electric rate of ~0.04$/kWh.

Assuming the current BTC price stay around.

At the recent rate of Bitcoin difficulty increases, your 50% will be seen in EARLY 2016. I'd guess mid-Febuary give or take a month - WELL before the halfing.

I DO estimate the S5 will probably stay profitable before the halfing - but you better have it largely paid off already, or have gotten it recently VERY VERY cheap, if you ever expect to RoI it and your electric is more than 5 cents/KWH.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:53:57 AM

What I WILL be making with cloud mining AND my miners will be nearly 2-3 USD a day, all combined. I cannot wait to get set up. Gone are the days of faucets. I am glad that I

graduated from "Faucet Nursery School" to Grade School mining.Should be, for now, about 9 dollars a week or so. Not shabby for a beginner.

EDIT! Something was not right-$22.60 or roughly per week for the first while now I will have over 1 Ths of mining power , EVERYTHING of most miners I DO have

combined on a worker. Good spare change for a BTC debit card, thus coffees in the mornings. NO MORE having to beg a couple dollars from Daddy anymore. BIG "kid" now!

Mind you, elec is free here where I am in and will help me ROI sooner.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:27:17 PM

I'm sticking with you tittle "Making money on bitcoin"

There are pretty lots of money making on bitcoin, just search this Forum site!

First on Services there is campaign and there is a lot of campaign to choose from depends on your
activity rankings,
the gambling section their are tons of gambling games to choose from but you may lose
to gambling too so be careful,
next is faucets, faucets are satochi generating site that lets you get tons of satoshi everyday,
there are others necesities but other people give bitcoin if you done something for them
and finaly mining, mining is difficult depends on your  everyday expenses like internet, electricity,
rent if you don't own a place, and lastly a proper machine miner that fits you!

did I miss something? hehe anyway goodluck on bitcoin! Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: