Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best defragmentation software and why  (Read 508 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HeroCat (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:27:30 PM

There are a lot of defragmentation software, which is the best from your experience. Do this software really speed up your computer ?  Wink
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:44:26 PM

These "tweaker" softwares are all snake oil. I used to download all kinds of shit disk defragmenters, registry cleaners, registry defragmenters.

They are all snake oil that put PUP or even malware on your PC. I would not use any of them. If you want safety and speed, then try linux Smiley

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:50:38 PM

Since moving onto Win 8 I just use the disk maintenance don't use defragmentation software anymore. In the good old days it would have been Diskeeper but these days not a clue.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:55:05 PM

Defrag is obsolete from windows xp, this was used in dos days now you dont need except if you are using DOS.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 01:57:29 PM

Defrag is obsolete from windows xp, this was used in dos days now you dont need except if you are using DOS.

Correct.  As of Windows 7, defragmentation is done automatically, in the background.

You don't need third part defrag software.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:07:23 PM

Correct.  As of Windows 7, defragmentation is done automatically, in the background.

Or you could use linux and not have to worry about crappy file system designs. Windowses are very badly designed, they were the best software company in the days and had the best programmers but still managed to put out very buggy OS's full of errors, bugs and the famous blue screen.

This can all be avoided with linux, while its not totally perfect, its maintenance is more efficient ,and it doesnt install annoying updates in your PC.

recklessrager

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:11:28 PM

Or you could use linux and not have to worry about crappy file system designs. Windowses are very badly designed, they were the best software company in the days and had the best programmers but still managed to put out very buggy OS's full of errors, bugs and the famous blue screen.

This can all be avoided with linux, while its not totally perfect, its maintenance is more efficient ,and it doesnt install annoying updates in your PC.

what linux u recommend? i downloaded kali but never got to unpacking it

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:59:21 PM

I use linux mint on my PC, its 100% free, easy to install, but it will need some time until you get used to it.

http://linuxmint.com/

It should be also pretty secure against viruses, as 90% of viruses are designed for Windows,. But if you want extra security then there are antiviruses  and firewalls for linux too.

recklessrager

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:23:18 PM

I use linux mint on my PC, its 100% free, easy to install, but it will need some time until you get used to it.

http://linuxmint.com/

It should be also pretty secure against viruses, as 90% of viruses are designed for Windows,. But if you want extra security then there are antiviruses  and firewalls for linux too.

awesome thanks! Ill definitely be checking that out

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
vlajce

Activity: 112

welcome

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:33:37 AM

None. Because Windows Smiley

Check out Ubuntu linux it is good for beginners.
codishmumu

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:17:40 PM

I aware, I wish I knew more on computer technicalities.

I don't know what a defragmenter is.
YraggarY

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:56:18 PM

If you're still going to go with one regardless of everybody's advice, Defraggler by Piriform. At least it has a nice interface that'll make you feel like you're doing something! Tongue
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:58:20 PM

This. Plus if you are using a SSD, you don't want to defrag it as it will only damaged the SSD. Windows automatically detects this and won't defrag the drive for you. With SSDs, you simply need to use TRIM on them to keep them running at top speed (assuming your drive supports it).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: