Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp getting desperate. Very Obvious fake volume bots. Not a good omen...  (Read 1047 times)
Fiat_Hodler (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:40:14 PM

very obvious fake volume bots on bitstamp.

early signs of desperation.

Seems that they are becoming dodgy like the Chinese exchanges.

Might be worth getting your funds out of there and moving to some legit exchanges that dont need to resort to fraud/cheating in order to stay relevant.

Once an exchange starts acting dishonestly you must ask yourself if they really can be trusted with your funds.

Edit: My reddit thread was instantly deleted when I posted this on there. Bitstamp probably have some mods in their pockets.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:56:26 PM

Please show proof of fake volume.
Fiat_Hodler (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:14:29 PM

Please show proof of fake volume.
Just watch their trade on a chart site eg: http://bitcointicker.co/

You can observe trades, that buy then instantly sell the same amount of BTC, with no slippage, again and again, likely in order to make it seem like they have a large trading volume on their site.

Look at OKCoin trades to really see this same kind of activity on a much larger scale. Seems like Bitstamp is following suite out of desperation.

hahaha 3min candle at OKCoin with 22k volume Cheesy

Hilarious, they don't even give a shit anymore. It moved the price a whopping 0.8 yuan.

These guys take fake volume to a whole new level, bitstamp is starting to copy them though Sad
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

I moved to Kraken.

I wanted to withdraw only 2000 EUR but Bitstamp  asked me the "common" 5-6 questions.  

I said my BTC is from gambling. Next question: Could i send  screenshots on my betting history .   I sent them into their mothers...

At Kraken your daily withdrawal fiat limit without any KYC/AML is $2000.  Now after tier 3 it is $20.000 without any questions.
Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

I moved to Kraken.

I wanted to withdraw only 2000 EUR but Bitstamp  asked me the "common" 5-6 questions.  

I said my BTC is from gambling. Next question: Could i send  screenshots on my betting history .   I sent them into their mothers...

At Kraken your daily withdrawal fiat limit without any KYC/AML is $2000.  Now after tier 3 it is $20.000 without any questions.
And fee?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:00:14 PM

I moved to Kraken.

At Kraken your daily withdrawal fiat limit without any KYC/AML is $2000.  Now after tier 3 it is $20.000 without any questions.

I have tried Kraken but their user interface is just awful. They should do something about it.

It does take some time to get used to but I also think it's well worth it. I love Kraken's verification policy. I also love their security audits and the fact that they have never been hacked. Also a very cheap ways to get money in and out.

About the fees, what I know is that they start with slightly higher fees than btc-e for example but then fee drops down the more you trade.

Here is the fee schedule :

https://www.kraken.com/help/fees

Bitstamp I never liked ever since I had to send my documents twice just to get a huge questionary back. Then I gave up and never opened an account.
Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:20:17 PM

I moved to Kraken.

At Kraken your daily withdrawal fiat limit without any KYC/AML is $2000.  Now after tier 3 it is $20.000 without any questions.

I have tried Kraken but their user interface is just awful. They should do something about it.

About the fees, what I know is that they start with slightly higher fees than btc-e for example but then fee drops down the more you trade.

Here is the fee schedule :

https://www.kraken.com/help/fees

Bitstamp I never liked ever since I had to send my documents twice just to get a huge questionary back. Then I gave up and never opened an account.
Thanks
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:52:35 PM

a lot exchanges have been generating fake volume. especially huobi and okcoin a few days ago, out of nothing there is a 250K volume spike if you look at their 7 day chart. okcoin peaked over 300K volume, where other exchanges don't even peak above 20K
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:22:40 PM

use bitcoinwisdom ...
i never use kraken interface ... to monitoring trade.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:15:26 AM

The fuck you talking about?  Bitstamp is still ok and doesn't need to do such shenanigans.  Can't you see OP wants you to go to bitcointicktocker or whatever?  It could be his site for all we know.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Fiat_Hodler (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:14:34 AM

The fuck you talking about?  Bitstamp is still ok and doesn't need to do such shenanigans.  Can't you see OP wants you to go to bitcointicktocker or whatever?  It could be his site for all we know.
LMFAO use bitcoinwisdom if you like (I use it as well) , I just find it easier to observe fake trades on bitcointicker because of their interface. I have no agenda, I am just sharing my observations with people.

you state "bitstamp... doesnt need to do such shenanigans" as if that is a fact that can refute all observations/proof to the contrary...

Unfortunately it seems it is becoming "normal" for exchanges to fake their volume. Who knows what other dodgy practices they also do behind the scenes.

I guess this is the problem with current exchanges. makes me think we should have only fully regulated exchanges and also fully decentralized exchanges. Current centralized unregulated exchanges are getting worse and worse....
Operand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:35:42 AM

Funny seeing huobi / okcoin making huge sells of 1000+ btc and the price moving UP and orderbook depth unchanged.

Some scare tactics.
Fiat_Hodler (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 09:21:36 AM

Funny seeing huobi / okcoin making huge sells of 1000+ btc and the price moving UP and orderbook depth unchanged.

Some scare tactics.

Ye just saw a 50k trade on okcoin...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: