Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mixers and TOR Discussion  (Read 280 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:42:54 AM

Disclosure: I am not any kind of programmer nor expert, just a fan of BTC and enhanced privacy.  In particular, I do not use TOR (don't know how, I could learn I suppose), and so have never used mixers with TOR addresses.

I have two items that may be worth discussing here in our community:

1) 

In the time I have been here, I have only used two mixers, both "in the clear", SharedCoin (via blockchain.info) and Bitmixer.io (see ad below).  My experience has been almost 100% positive using both, many times.

But, I have NOT used Bitcoin Fog, nor any of the other mixers with TOR (".onion") addresses.  I believe that both bitmixer.io and SharedCoin have TOR options, but again, I have not used them.

I would be very interested to hear from users with positive and negative experiences (and costs/fees) from users of mixers via TOR.

2)

I have seen various rumors, which of course I have no ability to comment on, that TOR "is compromised".

-- Is this true?

-- In what way?

-- Can the threats to privacy using TOR be avoided somehow?

Thank you for your help to our community to better understand both mixing via TOR and comments on how secure TOR is (especially for novices).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: