Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why online shopping,recharge or anything else dont accept rupay debit card.  (Read 748 times)
Insertion (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:43:52 AM

i have a question in my mind withing month that why many sites dont accept rupay debit card.i have rupay debit card and now want to throw it ita completely useless besides withdraw from atm.
Yofun

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:46:59 AM

Most likely because its not a common card.

Common payment cards are Vista, Mastercard branded.

When you go to checkout the Debit card reader has to know where to go for that card. "Gateways"
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:55:45 PM

I have Xapo debit card, it's VISA branded and accepted by every merchants who accept VISA card. They even don't know that I am paying with my bitcoins, from my bitcoin wallet. They can only see that I give them my VISA card and key in my PIN code (4 * Smiley )
After the transaction is validated and they get their money from the company who manages their card services. They don't care about the background as long as they get their money for the purchase
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:34:15 PM

Is rupay a specific bank or something like Visa or Mastercard? If it is a bank, check if it is a visa or mastercard card. If it isn't it likely isn't going to be accepted. If rupay is a processor like Visa or Mastercard, then it won't be accepted in very many places because it isn't big (i've never heard of it).
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:08:10 PM

It's an India only thing. Their attempt to compete with Mastercard and Visa. No merchant beyond India will have any interest in taking it but perhaps they'll cut a deal with another processor.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:11:29 PM

In connection with bitcoin, only VISA can be a competitor. MasterCard doesn't want to cooperate with the bitcoin system, so the card issuers can't link bitcoin wallets to MasterCard branded cards. (According to my lasf info). If you meet with a card that is MasterCard and they say they can pay with bitcoin with that card, it's probably a simple MasterCard prepaid card. In this case you can use it in any shop where they show the logos, but it's not directly linked to your wallet, you can only top it up more easily with bitcoin or any other currency. In this case, you fix the bitcoin exchange rate at the moment when you top up your prepaid card, so even if the exchange rate changes in the positive way, you won't benefit from it (OK, if the exchange rate goes agains you after the top up, you won't realize the lost because you have already converted the full amount from bitcoin to the currency of the card.)
VISA cooperates with major bitcoin wallets (not directly but with card issuers, like Debit, who issues XAPO's VISA cards.)
These cards are directly linked to your wallet and it only converts the necessary amount from your bitcoin balance, at the actual exchange rate every time you use your card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: