Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:29:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox - does sending to a mtgox bitcoin address always show in the chain?  (Read 996 times)
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:13:48 PM

I seem to recall MtGox arranging it so that if you sent bitcoins from your MtGox account to an address associated with another MtGox account they didn't bother making the bitcoin transaction and just credited the account. Does anyone know if this still their policy? Thanks.

In general I think it is a terrible idea since you are robbed of your permanent audit-able 'receipt' when this is done.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:22:12 PM

I seem to recall MtGox arranging it so that if you sent bitcoins from your MtGox account to an address associated with another MtGox account they didn't bother making the bitcoin transaction and just credited the account. Does anyone know if this still their policy?

Yup, by default if the recipient address is for another Mt. Gox account, the transaction is internal and never hits the blockchain.

You can mark the checkbox "Open Transaction" for it to always use a blockchain transaction regardless of whether or not the recipient is on Mt. Gox.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox#BTC_2

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █