Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitRush ICO, be cautious, please read!  (Read 3699 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 11:55:43 AM

It seems the issuer of BitRush, chinook, now has deleted my two posts in his self moderated thread. That actually is a bad sign regarding what i have to say. So i need to repost it as a new thread.

I was escrow for that ICO, until he now deleted my posts, and i have the investors coins safe in the escrow address.

I only now saw that he has changed the ICO Bitcoin address. That address is not from me, it is an address he owns!

So here again what i posted:

Ok everyone, i had a conversation with chinook, the issuer of BitRush, about this and i think i need to let investors decide on their own what they want to do. I'm obliged to protect both, issuer and investors and even though it probably will hurt the project, i need to write it so that everyone can decide on it's own what he wants to do.

If this post gets deleted i would need to repost it in a new thread.

So yesterday i was informed (i leave it open to him if he will step in about that) that a commit to the sourcecode was done by upcoindevteam, which is the github account for the XUPcoin. And that coin ended in scam. The scam was proven when its dev said he burned coins and wiped the address's private key, but he had that address staking and he moved half of the coins out of the burn address, so that was clear scam because things like that can't happen with a normal burn address.

The one informing me about that had it's post deleted and the commits were changed on github, though he has a printscreen of it.

I asked the issuer of BitRush about the connection to that scamcoin and he told me that both coins had commits from a person that helped coding on both coins. He lead me to the one and i asked him about it. I will leave his username open, he can step in if he wants.

That coder wrote me that he can confirm that he created both, the XUP coin and the BitRush coin and that he sold them both to the same person. The BitRush coin was sold before XUP went scam.

The issuer of BitRush explained to me that xup was being developed by babur, which is an internet acquaintance/friend of him. He asked him if he could get a base coin created for myself, he got it sorted for him.

"xup was never a scam, babur is still working on it. no coins were sold off like the fudsters claimed, the burnt coins are still being held in wallet, ready for a burn."

That might be correct or not though it is impossible that coins are sent out of a real burn address.

After that the issuer suggested letting it run as before or changing escrow. Both options would not be viable if the info is not given to potential and actual investors because they need to decide.

chinook: "they were both sold to the user babur, but one was for him, and at a later stage one was for me, i understand this looks scetchy as im never seem to be able to word things correctly, so all i can do is say what i can say."

I guess this concludes what i wanted to say. It might be that the issuer is a honest person with bad friends only. It might be that the risk is bigger.

So in light of this, if an investor wants to get refunded i can do so when i get a signed message with date and purpose from the one who sent the coins. Only then i can be sure that the refund request doesn't come from a stranger who wants to scam. If you don't know how it works then see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 11:58:22 AM

I've added your post on my pool to inform the users, thanks for your info

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
LordCoder

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:15:32 PM

Investing in ICOs is like giving away your money. Anonymous payments + untraceable = Free cash.
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:32:56 PM

Daylight robbery..

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 12:43:36 PM

I'm now in await of the scam accusation thread against me. Well... the support i have to do now is not funny. Cheesy

Though the actions he took after me posting that lets me stopping him to trust in any way that one of his suggestions could be fine. I mean i already wrote that i will repost when he deletes the post but he did it anyway and replaced the escrow address with an address he funded since yesterday. Roll Eyes

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 12:54:44 PM

For everyone who wants to get a refund. Besides signature, if you really can't figure out how to do that, you can send an amount i specify to you to the old ico address. If you send exactly that amount to the address i give you and it comes FROM the address you sent from, then i can refund you too.

Signatures would be way easier though so i prefer that. Smiley

UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:09:47 PM

Thank you for the tip!

It will be useful for anyone else who has had this problem.
chinook

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:10:58 PM

thanks for destroying the project for the users.
idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:23:28 PM

i just want to know how can chinook have control of the btc sent to escrow addy?
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:29:08 PM

Maybe you must rather tell the community why did you change the btc escrow address.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:43:41 PM

if he did not destroy it
there will be someone who will destroy it
so it will just end up destroyed

SebastianJu good job mate

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:46:01 PM

Chinook does not have control of the escrow address. I received pm's notifying me about two deleted posts in his thread 2 hours ago. One was the warning and one me showing the escrow address.

I then checked the OP and i saw that i was changed 2 hours ago too and the escrow address was changed. So i gave chinook red trust and opened this thread to warn everyone. His actions of hiding things and preventing investors from deciding himself made this needed.

I will check back with badbear if he can tell me when the first post was deleted. When it really happened already 10 hours ago then the OP has shown clearly that he only wanted to scam. In fact i saw the edit time of the post and it matched my deleted pms. And i doubt that suddenly 5 bitcoins went into this ICO, in a couple of hours, while the whole ICO only receive 0.5 Bitcoin in 2 days.

Anyway... everyone should know to NEVER send coins to an address someone quoted or posted, claiming that the address came from an escrow. That is a common scam and if this really happened then the funds in that address are at the mercy of chinook. Since he already claimed he will not refund it might mean that these funds are lost.

zaph3t

Activity: 294

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:58:35 PM

Thanks! ESCROW, I was abt to send a little BTC before end - thought it was a legit project with good development going.
Shame on you Scammer - I hope Karma like this catch those CBIT devs too.

xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:29:21 PM

same things he did in XUP
send a large amount of btc to get large share in his own coin
when altcoinstep make explorer all the of it was revealed
the fake ico and the fake burned address
but babur is still pumping XUP in yobit
at first i think he is a investor that can get over
but he post in the thread that he already sell all his coin and later
he pump it again to make a buy wall and dump
i think if this was not revealed a same scenario will happen

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:23:10 PM

Actually its a group that does such things and they have a decently big network of alts, big enough to make it difficult to catch them all. We are currently gathering info and slowly gonna fuck all their anns , specially future projects.
PS: burning addresses should be the kind of ddogepartyxxxx or the chance of it being held by someone is high.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 03:39:19 PM

I would like to add to avoid ANN-Threads that are selfmoderated. Every legit business would be interested in discussing and clearing out problems when they arise. Hiding them is not a good sign.

It might make sense to have a subforum for altcoin-announcements where posts can't be edited. Or the announcements subforum is changed that way. I will see if the forum staff thinks that is a good idea.

crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:58:45 PM

It seems the issuer of BitRush, chinook, now has deleted my two posts in his self moderated thread. That actually is a bad sign regarding what i have to say. So i need to repost it as a new thread.

I was escrow for that ICO, until he now deleted my posts, and i have the investors coins safe in the escrow address.

I only now saw that he has changed the ICO Bitcoin address. That address is not from me, it is an address he owns!

So here again what i posted:

Ok everyone, i had a conversation with chinook, the issuer of BitRush, about this and i think i need to let investors decide on their own what they want to do. I'm obliged to protect both, issuer and investors and even though it probably will hurt the project, i need to write it so that everyone can decide on it's own what he wants to do.

If this post gets deleted i would need to repost it in a new thread.

So yesterday i was informed (i leave it open to him if he will step in about that) that a commit to the sourcecode was done by upcoindevteam, which is the github account for the XUPcoin. And that coin ended in scam. The scam was proven when its dev said he burned coins and wiped the address's private key, but he had that address staking and he moved half of the coins out of the burn address, so that was clear scam because things like that can't happen with a normal burn address.

The one informing me about that had it's post deleted and the commits were changed on github, though he has a printscreen of it.

I asked the issuer of BitRush about the connection to that scamcoin and he told me that both coins had commits from a person that helped coding on both coins. He lead me to the one and i asked him about it. I will leave his username open, he can step in if he wants.

That coder wrote me that he can confirm that he created both, the XUP coin and the BitRush coin and that he sold them both to the same person. The BitRush coin was sold before XUP went scam.

The issuer of BitRush explained to me that xup was being developed by babur, which is an internet acquaintance/friend of him. He asked him if he could get a base coin created for myself, he got it sorted for him.

"xup was never a scam, babur is still working on it. no coins were sold off like the fudsters claimed, the burnt coins are still being held in wallet, ready for a burn."

That might be correct or not though it is impossible that coins are sent out of a real burn address.

After that the issuer suggested letting it run as before or changing escrow. Both options would not be viable if the info is not given to potential and actual investors because they need to decide.

chinook: "they were both sold to the user babur, but one was for him, and at a later stage one was for me, i understand this looks scetchy as im never seem to be able to word things correctly, so all i can do is say what i can say."

I guess this concludes what i wanted to say. It might be that the issuer is a honest person with bad friends only. It might be that the risk is bigger.

So in light of this, if an investor wants to get refunded i can do so when i get a signed message with date and purpose from the one who sent the coins. Only then i can be sure that the refund request doesn't come from a stranger who wants to scam. If you don't know how it works then see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Happy to give my side here:

On the 14th Sept I was approached by  ฿abur via twitter and asked if I could create a coin as advertised in my CoinAid thread (CAID) I of coarse said yes, and XUP was born the actual SRC and Win wallet was handed over on the 16th Sept.

On the 21st September the same person ฿abur  asked If I could create another coin, and of coarse the answer was yes, and BitRush was born and the SRC and Win Wallet was released to the buyer on 26th Sept.

Then out of the blue last night a Get a message from chinook

Subject Hey

hey mate, i have a little problem, ive uploaded the source code to github, and not realizing the first commit was with xupdev. ive since fixed it, but one user has seen this, and inboxed the escrow service im using and blabbed about scam.

this is not intended on being any kind of scam.

im going to inbox the escrow im using and let him know to inbox you and confirm that you uploaded the source as you were working on/fixing a certain part of the code, and you have somehow committed as the wrong user.

if you can fix this, im happy to contribute 0.1btc your way and more if ico is a success.

My reply to this message was:

Who put it on github for you ?

I really cant and dont want to get involved with this, I have a good rep on here and do not wish to lose it, and to be frank im not overly impressed with the XUP fiasco.

I also received a message from the BitRush escrow ( The starter of this thread ) and my reply was:

Sorry for the delay.

I can CONFIRM this is linked to the XUP coin, I'm not sure chinock is terminator, but in my opinion there are three of them all in it together and that definitely includes the XUP dev.

I can also confirm that I created both the XUP coin and the BitRush coin and sold them to the same person the second coin being sold before XUP went scam.

I have just told chinock I am not happy with his or his groups antics with the XUP coin and will not lie about the fact ( even after he tried to offer me a 0.1BTC bribe lol )

Anyway my advice is stay clear of them.

If you need further info/PM transcripts please just ask.

Cheers
Crunck

Which im sure the OP can confirm.

Then if you want a laugh I have got home from work today to this :

hey um you going to refund me for leakin private info and pritty much scamming me xup was never a scam im still working on it i sold bitrush of to a friend that i was  helping make his coin and now his project is wrecked as well
3 hrs 3 hours ago
 ฿abur
 0.6btc and you can have the coins back seems as you have fucked everything up and also you said to me everything is confidential so what have you got to say for yourself
3 hrs 2 hours ago
 ฿abur
 send  here 16zxXg54vFWWRa1KzMhk2chZXRPfrBT3ih

Can you believe that lol

My reply was:

What are you talking about ? I have leaked nothing, your friend chinook contacted me last night and said he got found out for using the same github account... i said nothing, then your friend gave my name to the escrow who in turn sent me a PM asking if I had uploaded bitrush and XUP to github, which i didnt ... so get your story straight before blaming others for your scamming friends mistake !

Anyway there you have it, and now im stuck with my XUP Sad

If you need any further info please just ask... I would also like to state for the record that the escrow IMO is totally honest and has been put in a horrid position by these people and immediately contacted me on being forwarded information relating to this discovery  so please dont take it out on him Smiley

Cheers
Crunck

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
TillKoeln
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1051

unnamed.Exchange, join the Cool Kids!!!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 04:13:43 PM

hey um you going to refund me for leakin private info and pritty much scamming me xup was never a scam im still working on it i sold bitrush of to a friend that i was  helping make his coin and now his project is wrecked as well
3 hrs 3 hours ago
 ฿abur
 0.6btc and you can have the coins back seems as you have fucked everything up and also you said to me everything is confidential so what have you got to say for yourself
3 hrs 2 hours ago
 ฿abur

haha Epic ...  Baburr want his Money back ... funny shit .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171544.0

AltcoinSteps

Activity: 322

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 04:17:06 PM

3 hrs 3 hours ago
 ฿abur
3 hrs 2 hours ago
 ฿abur

haha Epic ...  Baburr want his Money back ... funny shit .

he should not get refund, he should learn that scams like that should not pass

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 04:18:13 PM

Thanks for stepping in crunck. And yes i can confirm that crunck is the developer i spoke about. The message he quoted is correct.

Sorry to hear that you lost with this too now but i certainly like that you are honest, since yes, reputation and trust is very important if you want to stay in the community. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: