Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:30:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP ME! Wallet corrupt? 0,03 BTC for who can fix this issue  (Read 3405 times)
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 12:27:19 AM

i have found the words but are 16 words  Huh

use Electrum to recover the coins then, (if the ''16 words'' means 16 word Recovery seed)

jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 12:00:36 PM

With MultiBit HD you can have 12, 18 or 24 wallet words but not 16.

There is also a datestamp (something like 1234/56) but that is always numeric.

The words for the wallet words will always be from the BIP39 word list, which is here:
https://github.com/bitcoinjs/bip39/blob/master/wordlists/en.json
if that is helpful.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
paputa (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:38:41 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 07:47:43 PM by paputa

i got the service http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com without success
paputa (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:50:37 PM

With a member of bitcointalk,we have seen that the password is correct but the wallet damaged,however i have decided of using electrum
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:28:37 PM

@paputa Sorry that, in the end, you were not able to recover your bitcoins. We use the wallet words extensively in the recovery so without those options are limited.

Electrum is a very good wallet so I am sure you will have a good experience with that.
For your own peace of mind I recommend going through their recovery process (from the Electrum seed phrase) at least once. That way you will know what it entails and can see it working.

Regards,

Jim

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
paputa (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:21:34 PM

@paputa Sorry that, in the end, you were not able to recover your bitcoins. We use the wallet words extensively in the recovery so without those options are limited.

Electrum is a very good wallet so I am sure you will have a good experience with that.
For your own peace of mind I recommend going through their recovery process (from the Electrum seed phrase) at least once. That way you will know what it entails and can see it working.

Regards,

Jim

thank you
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 09:09:36 PM

Great news, paputa!!!, I just recovered your wallet!!.

I already sent you a PM Smiley

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
paputa (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

Thank you

good person but above all honest.

If you need to retrieve the wallet go to him, very good.

Thanks again!
GoldTiger69

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:24:04 AM

Thank you

good person but above all honest.

If you need to retrieve the wallet go to him, very good.

Thanks again!

I'm glad you trusted me without knowing me, I know that's the hard part Smiley

So, thank you, actually.

f3tus

Activity: 317
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:20:57 AM

Hope you're in contact with Jim to let him know what's causing this to begin with, he's going through another person's wallet to find out what happened/can be done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205068.0

I'm glad to hear something CAN be done.
GoldTiger69

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 10:11:22 AM

Hope you're in contact with Jim to let him know what's causing this to begin with, he's going through another person's wallet to find out what happened/can be done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205068.0

Well, the problem with paputa's files was that they were corrupted. I can't know why the were like that, but it could be because of many reasons: improper shutdown, disconnecting the power source, hard drive malfunction, etc.

paputa (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:14:33 AM

Well, the problem with paputa's files was that they were corrupted. I can't know why the were like that, but it could be because of many reasons: improper shutdown, disconnecting the power source, hard drive malfunction, etc.

a freeze of the program caused this, i has close the wallet and reopen but the password hasn't work
GoldTiger69

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 10:22:50 AM

I can't be totally sure, but I really don't think that the software is corrupting the files. It must be another explanation.

jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 11:30:16 AM

@GoldTiger69

We suspect that the root cause is all the mutated tx flying around the network.
We've seen a stack trace that indicates that the password correctly decrypted the wallet file and then when the wallet was deserialised (i.e turned into an object) it wasn't consistent.

Specifically, a transaction has inputs which are the outputs of another, older tx. We've seen instances where this link wasn't valid which is almost certainly due to tx malleability. If the parent tx was the 'transaction that died' in a tx malleability attack you would see this.

What we plan to do in version 0.1.5 is:

+ not allow LowS signatures in the wallet at all.
+ at wallet load, if the wallet is inconsistent automatically perform a Wallet repair, which clears out all the tx and then resyncs.

This should eliminate this class of failure going forward.

GoldTiger69

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 11:50:24 AM

@GoldTiger69

We suspect that the root cause is all the mutated tx flying around the network.
We've seen a stack trace that indicates that the password correctly decrypted the wallet file and then when the wallet was deserialised (i.e turned into an object) it wasn't consistent.

Specifically, a transaction has inputs which are the outputs of another, older tx. We've seen instances where this link wasn't valid which is almost certainly due to tx malleability. If the parent tx was the 'transaction that died' in a tx malleability attack you would see this.

+ not allow LowS signatures in the wallet at all.
+ at wallet load, if the wallet is inconsistent automatically perform a Wallet repair, which clears out all the tx and then resyncs.

This should eliminate this class of failure going forward.

Yep, hat makes sense. It should solve the issue of the inconsistent wallet.

Btw, maybe an option for a backup of the rolling and zip directories to a USB would be helpful? I have noticed that not many people trust Cloud places for a backup (I certainly don't, and not because of being hacked; but if they go out of business or simply they become unreachable, then I'll be paying the consequences). Just a tough.

f3tus

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:03:34 PM

What about MultiBit Classic? Same thing with corrupted files can and did happen there...
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:48:00 PM

What about MultiBit Classic? Same thing with corrupted files can and did happen there...

There is only essential network and safety fixes going into MultiBit Classic now.
Ideally we'd like people to move off Classic and onto HD (or another deterministic wallet if people prefer another client) now.
We cannot actually stop people using Classic but it is 'Bitcoin 2013' era so getting a bit old now.

f3tus

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:12:37 AM

I understand, but this would seem like an essential safety fix, and if it could prevent people from losing coins...
Eidolon7

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:28:34 PM

I understand, but this would seem like an essential safety fix, and if it could prevent people from losing coins...

+1

I second this. You shouldn't just ditch a variant of your software especially if there is a possible solution to a bug users may encounter. It is far wiser to wrap that up where possible and then move forward.

The council approves this message.
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 08:08:07 PM

Well the best fix is to have a fully deterministic wallet with wallet words that you can use to restore your wallet.
AKA MultiBit HD

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: