Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wich difference between XT  (Read 602 times)
Shonis (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:43:40 PM

Helllo i read somewhere in next months the bitcoin maybe have some changes , my questions! what exactly are XT core ? the difference ? if the changes will be done , will be different from now the old bitcoin core , wallet.dat etc ... will work or all need update ? so sorry my english crap i know.

can please also tell me how much RAM i need for run bitcoind full node on windows 1GB it good ? and how much GB of traffic require a month ?

thanks in advance for the reply Help a nob !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 03:14:11 PM

Helllo i read somewhere in next months the bitcoin maybe have some changes , my questions! what exactly are XT core ? the difference ? if the changes will be done , will be different from now the old bitcoin core , wallet.dat etc ... will work or all need update ? so sorry my english crap i know.
Bitcoin XT only implements bip101 which is for maximum block size increase. Nothing else changes.

can please also tell me how much RAM i need for run bitcoind full node on windows 1GB it good ? and how much GB of traffic require a month ?

thanks in advance for the reply Help a nob !

1gb of ran is not enough. You will need at least 4 if not more.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:40:33 PM

- snip -
Bitcoin XT only implements bip101 which is for maximum block size increase. Nothing else changes.
- snip -

That is a false statement.

https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/blob/0.11A/README.md

Bitcoin XT is a patch set on top of Bitcoin Core, with a focus on upgrades to the peer to peer protocol. By running it you can opt in to providing the Bitcoin network with additional services beyond what Bitcoin Core provides.

Currently it contains the following additional changes:

• 1. Support for larger blocks. XT has support for BIP 101 by Gavin Andresen, which schedules an increase from the one megabyte limit Bitcoin is now hitting.
  • 2. Relaying of double spends. Bitcoin Core will simply drop unconfirmed transactions that double spend other unconfirmed transactions, forcing merchants who want to know about them to connect to thousands of nodes in the hope of spotting them. This is unreliable, wastes resources and isn't feasible on mobile devices. Bitcoin XT incorporates work by Tom Harding and Gavin Andresen that relays the first observed double spend of a transaction. Additionally, it will highlight it in red in the user interface. Other wallets also have the opportunity to use the new information to alert the user that there is a fraud attempt against them.
  • 3. Support for querying the UTXO set given an outpoint. This is useful for apps that use partial transactions, such as the Lighthouse crowdfunding app. The feature allows a client to check that a partial SIGHASH_ANYONECANPAY transaction is correctly signed and by querying multiple nodes, build up some confidence that the output is not already spent.
  • 4. DNS seed changes: bitseed.xf2.org is removed as it no longer works, and seeds from Addy Yeow and Mike Hearn are (re)added to increase seed diversity and redundancy.

XT uses the same data directories as Core so you can easily switch back and forth. You do not need to redownload the block chain.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: