Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Issue's / Linux  (Read 782 times)
PrimeGlitch (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:14:48 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 07:01:20 AM by PrimeGlitch

Hi guys.

Having some real issues trying to get things sorted out on my site.

I have a number of issues which I will set out below.

Issue 1.

I use the following processing on my page https://wordpress.org/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/installation/
The Issue I am having is this..

I have downloaded the previous version of electrum 1.9.8 to generate new wallet to MPK spec I have the all the files I need to
Import them into the latest version 2.4.4 as the new xpub keys do not seem to work in the plugin for WP...

After removing 1.9.8 and updating to 2.4.4 I get the following errors when trying to run the commend sudo electrum

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-14:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/interface.py", line 300, in run
    s.shutdown(socket.SHUT_RDWR)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 760, in shutdown
    socket.shutdown(self, how)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 107] Transport endpoint is not connected

Exception in thread Thread-5:
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/interface.py", line 300, in run

Exception in thread Thread-9:
    self.run()

Exception in thread Thread-15:
    self.run()

Exception in thread Thread-4:
    self.run()

Exception in thread Thread-6:
    self.run()

Exception in thread Thread-7:
    self.run()

Exception in thread Thread-17:
    self.run()

The software also keeps rebooting and popping up a error NO SEED.

I am unable to bypass this I have checked the submitted info on this at github and I have checked the dependencies and all seems fine.

My issue is this..  The NO seed error seems to be a bug in version 1.9.8
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/919

But I have version 2.4.4 Installed. Could this be some kind of cross instillation causing this issue?

Really need some quick advice on this as i have customers I cannot pay until this issue is sorted.

Also Will electrum ever support the MKP keys again or in future give users a choice of what keys to generate future as the xpub keys just do not work and this long work around is very time consuming and not exactly easy to perform on linux anyway. (windows looks not too bad)

Many Thanks

Prime
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:30:57 AM

Not what you want to hear but bitcoin payments for woocommerce is very poorly supported and you will have to use 1.9.8 Electrum only you cannot mix and match Electrum versions. There is an alternative plugin you can use called CoinSimple. Recommend you dump bitcoin payments for woocommerce and use the better choice.

PrimeGlitch (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 01:06:47 AM

Not what you want to hear but bitcoin payments for woocommerce is very poorly supported and you will have to use 1.9.8 Electrum only you cannot mix and match Electrum versions. There is an alternative plugin you can use called CoinSimple. Recommend you dump bitcoin payments for woocommerce and use the better choice.

Hi Thank for the advice, I will definitely look into this as I can see there being more problems than payments using this system.

The error is from electrum though would anyone know how I can get it to load up without the errors mentioned about?

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 01:59:25 AM

You cannot use Electrum 2.4.4 with bitcoin payments for woocommerce. You must use 1.9.8 confirmed by the developer.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:15:04 AM

Electrum needs more development and new updates until it is more established, I would not consider the current releases non-beta.

Good luck!

johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:52:26 AM

while not exactly what ud want to see.. it is possible to have ur wallet running in latest electrum version 2.4+ BUT you need to kind of trick it into initiating with the old-style MPK from version 1.9.8.

The most straightforward way is to download 1.9.8, create a wallet and save it.

Download 2.4+ and install it.  Import the old 1.9.8 created wallet.

Then your running 2.4+ but ur wallet is 1.9.8 format.  I find its more stable with the gap limit and functionality like this.

But i seriously wish there was some way to crowd fund that exact script.  Its truly the only middleman-less payment plugin I've been able to use.  But its got problems that I can't get around.  I find its very stable for getting money safely into your electrum wallet.  But my problem is the confirmation updates and the woo transaction status updates.  That just doesn't work consistently.  I guess its due to the blockchain and block explorer apis that it calls to check wallet balances.  Somebody smarter than me might have a trick that fixes this.  Maybe using different apis?  I dunno.. Ive tinkered with it but can not get the confirmation updates to consistently work and its frustrating.  But still best script for woocommerce out there unless u want to use a middleman.

What exactly would it take to get this script up to date u guys think?  100 people donating/crowdfunding would surely be possible, no?  Its such a unique script. 

coinkite api is the one that seems to be the most "open" and fail-proof.  But i don't understand coding enough and know that the type of calls it makes are different than the blockchain api.  Anybody know how u might update bitcoinways plugin to get rid of blockchain/blockexplorer api calls and replace with coincide api calls?  Im thinking that might actually produce stable results..

cloud flare seems to be part of the issue i see.. all the error logs seem to have the api calls somehow messed with by a cloud flare check.  I don't really get the reasoning here or have much of an idea how to circumvent this.  But this may also be a solution if somehow u could avoid cloud flare getting in the way of blockchain/blockexplorer api calls.

Those who run this script - is ur experience the same as mine?  i.e. good at getting payments into ur wallet.  Bad at confirming wallet balances/status updates automatically.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: