Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized democratic alt coin  (Read 277 times)
redfish64 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:40:20 AM

Hi, I've begun work on a PoS alt coin with the following features:

1. A pool of coins is collected and grows in value with each block.
2. Anyone can create a poll to spend from from the pool. The other users can then vote with their coins yea or nea.
3. Anyone can create a poll to upgrade the official client to a new version based on an md5sum. If enough votes are yea, then the official client will prompt the user to upgrade to the new client.
4. Anyone create a non-binding poll to gather information from the other coin owners. A question such as, "Would you support changing the PoS interest rate to X?" could be asked.

The point of #4 is to get ideas for 2 and 3.

The idea is that the coin can morph into anything. If people like proof of work better, it can become proof of work. If they want ethereum style turing complete scripting language features, they can ask someone to port it and pay for it with the money from the pool. If they want a commercial on the super bowl and the pool has enough funds, they can do that, etc.

I'm thinking of doing this with a single coin premine just to get started, and maybe 10 coins or so in the pool, and then vote the coin into other peoples' hands. I could go proof of work to start out with for the first few blocks, if people think that's more fair.

I'm still working out the details, but I don't want to duplicate work that's already been done.

Does anyone know of any other alt coin that does this? Thoughts?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: