Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My answer to: "What is the best way make money with Bitcoin?"  (Read 1285 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:02:11 PM

Someone asked it on Stack Exchange:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/40738/what-is-the-best-way-make-money-with-bitcoin

Here is my answer:

Hire an experienced C++ developer from Asia/India on a freelancer marketplace and give him 30 days to write you a 150+ pages book with the title "Mastering C++ and the original Bitcoin Source Code".
Tell them that you will pay him $1000.
Tell him also that, on top of that, you will pay him an extra:
$100 - if most people would give it just one star for the contents provided
$200 - if people would give 2 stars
$500 if people would give it five stars.
So, he could win a total maximum of $1500 ($1000+$500).

But reassure him, that if he is honest and hard working and provides a decent thing you will certainly pay him the correspondent to 3-4 stars ($1300-$1400).
If it is outsanding, superb or simply really good, that you pay him $1500.

Tell him that you just want a raw Word document with text and possibly some images/graphs he wants to add, that he makes himself, but for him not to spend much of his time with the book layout/pagination. He doesn't need to use QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign, just a plain Word document [with text with **1.5 line spacing** and all C++ code syntax highlighted and line numbered] is required.

Then spend sometime youself to make it into a Kindle book. Just learn to make a kindle book out of such a Word document.

You invest some $1000-$1500.
And with a bit of work that you do yourself you get to publish that book on Amazon with your own name. If you want to you may give credit, inside the book, to the developer you hired, or dedicate the book to him, or something, that's up to you.

Just tell the C++ developer you hire: I want a book of +150 that explains the bitcoin source code that Satoshi Nakamoto created in the original client. Ask him to focus on the first versions of the code. Ask him to make the exposition of the code elegant and interesting, and teaching C++ at the same time, so that even if the reader is new to C++ programming he is still able to get some appreciation of it all from an outsider perspective. Tell him also: this is a book for people to learn about C++ and be able to understand much more of the bitcoin source code. Focus on the main parts of the code!

Make sure you get to grips with the bitcoin technology and also introduce a bit of history of money, from bartering to Gold coins of a Kingdom and paper currency and fractional reserve banking system.
Make sure he watches and understands:
**United Colors of Bitcoin - youtube video:**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6sOFXHlhuE
and
**How Bitcoin Works Under the Hood - youtube video**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE
and
**c++ in 60 minutes - youtube video**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rub-JsjMhWY

Have a look at this post from "remotemass":
**https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151272.0**
#################################################
Will we have the book 'Bitcoin for Dummies' soon?

I was thinking along similar lines. If nobody's written it, who's willing to get this baby off the ground?

remotemass:
Things I would like it covering:

1) A good introduction to money and the implications of bitcoin for Economy, namely for a Anarcho-capitalism model of society.
2) A good introduction for assymetric encryption
3) Elliptic curves and Elliptic curves cryptography background, the role of ECDSA in bitcoin (Key-pair generation, Signature Generation, and Signature Verification)
4) Crytography concepts: hashing, National Security Agency, etc.
5) Satoshi paper in very digestible bytes
6) More computer power meaning more irrevocability secure network. The scarcity and rarity being given by the hard coded timely/scheduled fashion of bitcoins entering circulation in the system and not by the electricity and computer resources used.
7) Making it clear that coins only exist as balances associated with a bitcoin address and that what you actually keep are the private keys.
Cool Explaining that a private key is like a password that enables you to spend from a bitcoin address, that is made of 256 bits, that is, 256 zeros and ones, but is usually expressed in more condensed formats using hexadecimal numbering.
9) Explaining that private keys and public keys form a pair like a key and a locker and that the bitcoin address is very much the counter-part of the private key, that it follows directly from the public key. But their mathematical properties are very particular because it is possible to calculate in some fractions of a second the bitcoin address, in a pair, from its private key. But the reverse would take countless millions, if not billions of years as it would have to be done by trial and error, even if quantum computers were used.

10) Going through a simple version of Satoshi client code, ultra well commented, with UML diagrams and all software architecture behind it, all very well explained and documented. A kind of "Satoshi's Original Bitcoin Client - An Operational View" on steroids!!!

11) Commons myths, FAQ,
http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=66
http://coinlab.com/pdfs/a-bitcoin-primer.pdf
http://blog.oleganza.com/post/32725987418/bitcoin-non-technical-faq

An inpiration, and 99% transpiration...
Much much more. Making us all code and technical savvys!!

###
Also have a look at other important bitcoin books/titles:
Mastering Bitcoin, by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
and
Bitcoin Internals, by Chris Clark
and
Digital Gold, by Nathaniel Popper

>>>>>>>>>>>
JUST DO IT!
You can make good money if you commit to do this!!!

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:59:06 PM

It is not a bad idea at all, but sounds too complicated, requires quite a lot of hardwork, a somewhat high investment (the 1500) and you do not see profits until some time passes by.

That is, is good but requires quite a lot of faith (as you do not see the effects inmediately). This would put off many people, who would prefer trading (for example) in which they see effects inmediately.

koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:10:39 PM

I think the best way to increase the income of bitcoin
business and the dollar is the trading. Because it does
not know the word fraud, unless the harm caused by our
own mistakes in analyzing the market

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:17:56 PM

-snip-
You're answering the thread title and have not read anything that was contained in the first post. Please stop with this 'bad' behavior.

It is not a bad idea at all, but sounds too complicated, requires quite a lot of hardwork, a somewhat high investment (the 1500) and you do not see profits until some time passes by.
That is, is good but requires quite a lot of faith (as you do not see the effects inmediately). This would put off many people, who would prefer trading (for example) in which they see effects inmediately.
Yes and no. Someone who has experience doing this could pull this off. I'm not sure how much one could profit from this. There is no guarantee that a lot of people would buy this book. C++ books and Bitcoin books have a small market, you can not sell it a lot of people. When you combine those two then it shrinks into a even smaller amount of people. A lot of factors are at stake here besides this. Who can guarantee that the book would be good, simple, etc.? (yes I have red the stuff about a bonus)
However, I do not think that you could 'master' both C++ and the Bitcoin Source Code without having a very large book.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:42:56 PM

So what guarantees people is going to buy it? To get your investment back you need to sell.. how many books to reach that initial 1500 dollar investment? I think quite a lot of books need to be sold. Also you are competing against guys like Andreas Antonopoulos which are big names in the game, he even has a book named Mastering Bitcoin... to make profits you need a public and some no name book has no big public.
miragecash

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:46:43 PM

1. Shake your booty online for Bitcoin, providing "POV" (point of view) services, and stroking your clients', err... egos.

2. Selling herbal products online for Bitcoin.

3. Providing attorneys' services to those in categories 1 & 2.

All 3 are proven ways to make bitcoin.
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:09:10 PM

it is amazing but very complicated to understand for a newbie like me
the way I did to generate bitcoin just follow sig camp and trading, only that
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:10:29 PM

Hmm, that seems to be a very decent idea, but what if the experienced C++ dev realized all of this and just made the book himself? Kinda tricky method, but still plausible all in all.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:57:48 PM

1. Shake your booty online for Bitcoin, providing "POV" (point of view) services, and stroking your clients', err... egos.

2. Selling herbal products online for Bitcoin.

3. Providing attorneys' services to those in categories 1 & 2.

All 3 are proven ways to make bitcoin.

What kind of website do you lurk that shows a bunch of neckbearded dorks shaking their asses and jerking other neckbeards... "egos"? I certainly haven't seen that in the services section and sure as hell don't want too...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:12:43 PM

best way to make money with bitcoin..

do whatever job people use FIAT with.
eg sell grocery's, utilities, gadgets, fashion, toiletries, car fuel, car parts, cars, houses, .. basically everything and anything you can think of

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:10:59 PM

ehh sounds ok but the initial money required throws me off. too much work for earning a bit of money.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:58:31 PM

Looks not bad in general but you have to invest large inv (1500) and also it seems complicated a while and need hardwork and real patience.
p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:52:10 AM

lol .... do you know how much does a experienced C++ programer earn per month ?
1500usd is not worth doing this   Grin
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:06:08 AM

I don't understand how that would make money ?  Are you just saying that eventually the  book will sell enough copies that you will earn some decent money in the long run?  I even doubt that you would break even at $1500 dollars.
Preen

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:40:26 AM

Well, alot of people have no idea what bitcoin is, I know alot of people who are educating the less informed are making some money. And this might be better as it could really spur some eco-systems through the connections and network you form through running the education seminars.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:46:59 AM

this would result in creating a very nice book, but the topic of the thread is not compatible with the idea!
because I don't think that you can make money this way, let alone get back your initial investment of $1000-1500
this book is going to cover such technical stuff that not many people are going to be interested in so as a result, very few of bitcoin users are going to buy it hence no return of investment.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: