Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting for faucets?  (Read 487 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:46:48 PM

I'm thinking of making a faucet - does anyone know which hosting I should go with?  I've already registered a couple of domain names and have tried hostgator, ehost, and some other randoms hosts... Are these sites any good?

Also, would appreciate it if you could send me any tips you know about faucet management Tongue  Thinking about using faucetbox.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

I'm a fan of namecheap. They're hosting plans are affordable and the speeds are fast. Reliability is good too. Also they accept bitcoin!

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 06:07:32 PM

I've made a list of a lot of services and such here to try and help out with people like you starting out.

If you want something cheap, I would say that Namecheap Shared Hosting is fairly good for things like faucets, but I have been told that it sometimes can be somewhat slow loading. It isn't cripplingly slow by any means, but if you want lightning fast speeds it probably isn't best. If you want absolute control and speeds I would say get a VPS, but that seems a bit OTT for something like a Faucet.

I would recommend using FaucetBox as there is significantly more traffic to the sites on their list and the script is easier to edit if you want to. However, a payment provider such as Paytoshi works just as well.

I would try to get a custom theme for your faucet if possible. It attracts more users to your site if it is easy to use, can open more opportunities to revenue and can also help to stop bots. As for stopping bots, I would recommend reading through the last few pages of the FaucetBOX.com Discussion thread, as methods of using Captchas and such to stop bots are discussed.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:37:54 PM

I'm a fan of namecheap. They're hosting plans are affordable and the speeds are fast. Reliability is good too. Also they accept bitcoin!

Namecheap is the way to go! Aside from their affordable prices, their offers and services are really great and is worth paying for. Used their service on my blog, and I haven't encountered any single downtime yet. As for faucet management, faucetbox is great as it gives you the option to just deposit and let them do the work for you.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:38:46 AM

Go with any shared hosting in the start. Once you faucet gets famous and gets 1000+ users daily then you may move to Semi-dedicated hosting. I use Hawkhost's semi-dedicated hosting.
Admin @ DailyFreeBits.com
bluelithium

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:10:59 PM

I'm thinking of making a faucet - does anyone know which hosting I should go with?  I've already registered a couple of domain names and have tried hostgator, ehost, and some other randoms hosts... Are these sites any good?
You might like to try BestHostFree.com. Our basic plan is free. It offers 1 GB space and 5 GB bandwidth per month. Once your faucet grows and you require more resource, you may seamlessly upgrade to paid plan using bitcoin. Many forum member have already tried our service. Once you try, you may share your experience here as well - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617213.40.

Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:58:58 PM

Yoiu would need a server, not just a host plan to run a faucet I think. You need to have the wallet installed somewhere.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 05:07:58 PM

Yoiu would need a server, not just a host plan to run a faucet I think. You need to have the wallet installed somewhere.
Not if you use a service such as FaucetBox or Paytoshi, which has been previously mentioned.
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:30:50 PM

Not if you use a service such as FaucetBox or Paytoshi, which has been previously mentioned.

Oh, I do not know of these services sorry was just trying to help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: