Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Causes of Mass shootings, suicides + - Many of them are on psychotropic drugs  (Read 2445 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:35:07 PM

I believe there is a huge relation to psychotropic drugs and mass shootings, and reason being is because I was put on many of them and hated myself on them so I kept not taking them and had to wait for the next doctors appointment so he could sign me up for me to jam another pill down my throat. 

I was classified "bipolar" but I knew that wasn't true... I just delved into a lot of psychoactive drugs when I was younger and it made me a little crazy.  I think if I hadn't seeked help, I would've probably done something bad to the extent of what these other guys did.

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:12:57 PM

I believe there is a huge relation to psychotropic drugs and mass shootings, and reason being is because I was put on many of them and hated myself on them so I kept not taking them and had to wait for the next doctors appointment so he could sign me up for me to jam another pill down my throat. 

I was classified "bipolar" but I knew that wasn't true... I just delved into a lot of psychoactive drugs when I was younger and it made me a little crazy.  I think if I hadn't seeked help, I would've probably done something bad to the extent of what these other guys did.

Sorry you went through that.

One of the things they mention in the video about the military is the doctors don't even know how the pills are going to affect you. Everyone reacts differently, and all those horrible side effects they list happen to people or else they wouldn't be listed. I still find it totally bizarre that drugs for depression can cause suicide.

These are drugs that change your brain, that's why the word "psycho" is in the full word. They are literally playing around with people's brains and hoping for the best. You have to imagine some will go wrong, and sadly that means many people have died due to them and that's just the suicides. I believe people have died to them because of the mass shootings but it's a fact that people die because of these drugs, just how many is what's up for debate.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:40:03 PM

One of the things they mention in the video about the military is the doctors don't even know how the pills are going to affect you. Everyone reacts differently, and all those horrible side effects they list happen to people or else they wouldn't be listed. I still find it totally bizarre that drugs for depression can cause suicide.

These are drugs that change your brain, that's why the word "psycho" is in the full word. They are literally playing around with people's brains and hoping for the best. You have to imagine some will go wrong, and sadly that means many people have died due to them and that's just the suicides. I believe people have died to them because of the mass shootings but it's a fact that people die because of these drugs, just how many is what's up for debate.

It's just crazy that the FDA approves these drugs when they can't necessarily say that any drug will totally help out a person going through a mental disorder.  I primarily smoked marijuana, which calmed me down and made me feel alright throughout the day, which obviously isn't FDA approved and not legal... that's why I had to stop, because I had to be approved for a background check for my job.

But it just so happened, when I stopped "prescribing myself" my daily doses of pot, my anxiety disorder came back.  So to help combat this, doctors prescribed my Zoloft, which made me feel literally insane; then they prescribed me a whole batch of combination of drugs which made me feel like a zombie... So I just quit taking all of them, and am about to go see the doctor again.  I'm just going to tell them that I've managed my anxiety through mind over matter techniques and to not make me start taking some other drug that's like the other ones I've taken.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:44:22 PM

I was classified "bipolar" but I knew that wasn't true... I just delved into a lot of psychoactive drugs when I was younger and it made me a little crazy.  I think if I hadn't seeked help, I would've probably done something bad to the extent of what these other guys did.

It's just crazy that the FDA approves these drugs when they can't necessarily say that any drug will totally help out a person going through a mental disorder.  I primarily smoked marijuana, which calmed me down and made me feel alright throughout the day, which obviously isn't FDA approved and not legal... that's why I had to stop, because I had to be approved for a background check for my job.

But it just so happened, when I stopped "prescribing myself" my daily doses of pot, my anxiety disorder came back.  So to help combat this, doctors prescribed my Zoloft, which made me feel literally insane; then they prescribed me a whole batch of combination of drugs which made me feel like a zombie... So I just quit taking all of them, and am about to go see the doctor again.  I'm just going to tell them that I've managed my anxiety through mind over matter techniques and to not make me start taking some other drug that's like the other ones I've taken.
in short, those drugs are approved ultimately because there's money going into someone's  pocket somewhere. just look at the broken state of the american pharmaceutical industry, the companies are allowed to do whatever they want with their prices, even if that includes multiplying the cost of a life saving drug 30 fold. the entire political system revolves around money in the states, and that key flaw is driving the nation down.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
toddtervy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 08:58:50 PM

See my thread:
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1205372.0

For a little dose of reality.  Sometimes shootings are the proper response.

Get off my c@ck !
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:07:40 PM

See my thread:

Why are you such a violent anarchist? It seems like you want as much violence as possible, for whatever reason.  Shootings are never a proper response; because violence will be responded with more violence... you can't fight fire with fire.  In your thread you make it seem that drugs in general open the conscious mind.. whether you believe that, we are talking about pharmaceutical drugs and not psychoactive drugs like LSD or something like that what it seems you may be pointing too.

But seriously, what's with your admiration for violence all the time?

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:13:53 PM

See my thread:

Why are you such a violent anarchist? It seems like you want as much violence as possible, for whatever reason.  Shootings are never a proper response; because violence will be responded with more violence... you can't fight fire with fire.  In your thread you make it seem that drugs in general open the conscious mind.. whether you believe that, we are talking about pharmaceutical drugs and not psychoactive drugs like LSD or something like that what it seems you may be pointing too.

But seriously, what's with your admiration for violence all the time?
he is very, very edgy.

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

I was classified "bipolar" but I knew that wasn't true... I just delved into a lot of psychoactive drugs when I was younger and it made me a little crazy.  I think if I hadn't seeked help, I would've probably done something bad to the extent of what these other guys did.

It's just crazy that the FDA approves these drugs when they can't necessarily say that any drug will totally help out a person going through a mental disorder.  I primarily smoked marijuana, which calmed me down and made me feel alright throughout the day, which obviously isn't FDA approved and not legal... that's why I had to stop, because I had to be approved for a background check for my job.

But it just so happened, when I stopped "prescribing myself" my daily doses of pot, my anxiety disorder came back.  So to help combat this, doctors prescribed my Zoloft, which made me feel literally insane; then they prescribed me a whole batch of combination of drugs which made me feel like a zombie... So I just quit taking all of them, and am about to go see the doctor again.  I'm just going to tell them that I've managed my anxiety through mind over matter techniques and to not make me start taking some other drug that's like the other ones I've taken.
in short, those drugs are approved ultimately because there's money going into someone's  pocket somewhere. just look at the broken state of the american pharmaceutical industry, the companies are allowed to do whatever they want with their prices, even if that includes multiplying the cost of a life saving drug 30 fold. the entire political system revolves around money in the states, and that key flaw is driving the nation down.

Right, I believe the doctors are getting kickbacks for pushing drugs. They're worse than drug dealers, when more people die from prescription drugs than illegal ones. The doctors get money for pushing the drugs, and the drug companies get more money and they pay the doctors, and it's an endless circle that relies on one thing, people buying and actually taking the drugs.

I strongly believe if you can get off of drugs, and find a natural way to solve the problem, you'd be much better off.

It's in the doctors/drug companies best interest for you to not have your problem solved, but to rather keep coming back and buying more.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:31:44 PM

Right, I believe the doctors are getting kickbacks for pushing drugs. They're worse than drug dealers, when more people die from prescription drugs than illegal ones. The doctors get money for pushing the drugs, and the drug companies get more money and they pay the doctors, and it's an endless circle that relies on one thing, people buying and actually taking the drugs.

I strongly believe if you can get off of drugs, and find a natural way to solve the problem, you'd be much better off.

It's in the doctors/drug companies best interest for you to not have your problem solved, but to rather keep coming back and buying more.

But the thing I never really quite understood, is how the FDA gets to approve these type of drugs if they pose a threat to people's mental health?  I think there would be at least one person in the field of psychology that would be doing a research project on the subject of Zoloft or something like that, and he would then find that the papers released by the FDA doesn't necessarily correlate to actual data with Zoloft... Or that it uses such vague side effect symptoms that it would get away with it.

I guess the main question is, is that if the drug companies would be paying the doctors and other people to start pushing the drugs... How is it possible for the FDA itself to be bought out as well?  Even psych medicine doesn't receive enough profit to pay off EVERYONE.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:32:57 PM

slightly unrelated, but this cycle has more problems than just sapping away at consumers' pockets; keep in mind that as doctors just prescribe drugs for everything from a cough to a runny nose, over consumption of antibiotics as a whole contributes greatly to the birth of super-microbes that are resistant to antibiotics and other medicines.

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:15:39 PM

But the thing I never really quite understood, is how the FDA gets to approve these type of drugs if they pose a threat to people's mental health?  I think there would be at least one person in the field of psychology that would be doing a research project on the subject of Zoloft or something like that, and he would then find that the papers released by the FDA doesn't necessarily correlate to actual data with Zoloft... Or that it uses such vague side effect symptoms that it would get away with it.

I guess the main question is, is that if the drug companies would be paying the doctors and other people to start pushing the drugs... How is it possible for the FDA itself to be bought out as well?  Even psych medicine doesn't receive enough profit to pay off EVERYONE.

From the FDA website, they talk about weighing the risks and benefits.

How does FDA decide when a drug is not safe enough to stay on the market?

"A drug is removed from the market when its risks outweigh its benefits. A drug is usually taken off the market because of safety issues with the drug that cannot be corrected, such as when it is discovered that the drug can cause serious side effects that were not known at the time of approval. However, completely removing a unique product from the market could be very dangerous to people who depend on the drug. So, decisions to remove products from the market are made very carefully, especially if people would be in danger without the product."

I would think that the drug companies just hide the risks enough to get approved, but who knows. I personally, would think "suicidal thoughts" would be good enough to not get an anti-depressant approved.

Suicide & Antidepressants

"While antidepressants are designed to decrease the symptoms of depression, they occasionally have the opposite effect and can increase suicidal thoughts and actions.

Patients who take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine) or Zoloft (sertraline) may experience side effects such as violent behavior, mania or aggression, which can all lead to suicide.

What begins as withdrawing from friends and activities and a loss of interest in work can escalate to harming oneself. In clinical trials and public use, there have been cases where antidepressant users have thought about, attempted or committed suicide."

slightly unrelated, but this cycle has more problems than just sapping away at consumers' pockets; keep in mind that as doctors just prescribe drugs for everything from a cough to a runny nose, over consumption of antibiotics as a whole contributes greatly to the birth of super-microbes that are resistant to antibiotics and other medicines.

This is true also.

Maybe a little slightly more unrelated, but they talk about how our allergies has gone up in the last few decades. I heard someone from Europe was shocked to hear that peanuts and peanut butter is actually banned from public schools due to allergy concerns.

When people are exposed to multiple allergens growing up they may be less likely to have an allergy later on in life. It is beneficial to not be kept in a bubble from diseases and things like that, it helps our immune system grow.   

When you're dependent on drugs or staying away from allergens their whole life, if they are somehow without the drugs or get in contact with allergens they may have adverse reactions because their bodies naturally aren't used to them. People are taking away from their natural immune systems. They served people well for years and years and years, but people just want to trust drugs more. 
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:25:29 PM

When you're dependent on drugs or staying away from allergens their whole life, if they are somehow without the drugs or get in contact with allergens they may have adverse reactions because their bodies naturally aren't used to them. People are taking away from their natural immune systems. They served people well for years and years and years, but people just want to trust drugs more. 
i think its more an issue of people, as in the general population, being either too ignorant or simply uneducated enough to think for themselves and end up trusting the doctors that prescribe them the drugs, not the drugs themselves. think about it, would you trust your dealer that this new kush is dank as fuck if hes been your supplier for years now? hell I would. analogy aside, there is also the placebo effect, which is far stronger than people give it credit for, and i think it plays a big role in just how effective people perceive these drugs to be when given to them by their trusty doctors in white coats. however, they fail to realize that their doctors just give them drugs to treat the symptoms for several reasons; 1, its easier than treating the cause, and 2, it gets them paid.

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:40:38 PM

i think its more an issue of people, as in the general population, being either too ignorant or simply uneducated enough to think for themselves and end up trusting the doctors that prescribe them the drugs, not the drugs themselves. think about it, would you trust your dealer that this new kush is dank as fuck if hes been your supplier for years now? hell I would. analogy aside, there is also the placebo effect, which is far stronger than people give it credit for, and i think it plays a big role in just how effective people perceive these drugs to be when given to them by their trusty doctors in white coats. however, they fail to realize that their doctors just give them drugs to treat the symptoms for several reasons; 1, its easier than treating the cause, and 2, it gets them paid.

I know exactly what your saying, and how everyone should think for themselves and that kind of thing; but at the same time, getting a M.D. in psychology and knowing the ins and outs of neurology is possibly one of the hardest things to do in med school... So when I get these symptoms that are unwanted, I just simply stop taking it and wait for my next appointment. I don't necessarily blame the doctors themselves, but I think the pharmacologists that are making the drugs for drug companies should be to blame.  They put drugs out there to be prescribed when there hasn't been adequent testing on the drugs they make... they just simply put vague side effect labels on the medicine bottles that make consumers feel like it's not a big deal.

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:25:39 AM

I get that. I do think most people these days think anything a doctor prescribes is good for you. The media sure like to make vaccines out to be necessary and anyone who doesn't want one is an idiot or worse the parents are neglecting their children. They totally ignore that vaccines have side effects too and people do get sick after having them.

I'm sure the placebo effect helps them keep the delusion also. 
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:56:33 AM

I get that. I do think most people these days think anything a doctor prescribes is good for you. The media sure like to make vaccines out to be necessary and anyone who doesn't want one is an idiot or worse the parents are neglecting their children. They totally ignore that vaccines have side effects too and people do get sick after having them.

Not very many people understand the effects of psychotropic drugs on crazy people.  There are REASONS why mental hospitals were before the age of drugs, called "Lunatic asylums." 

Now, that is a very general comment.

Here and now the concern isn't over the highly beneficial aspects of psychotropic drugs used on crazy people in asylums, but the modern concepts that with such drugs, a fair segment of such people can be released into society.
As more and more drugs have been developed, the concept goes farther.  It goes into a realm where people with much less severe mental illnesses - people well into the normal range, as opposed to neurotic, depressed, psychotic, schizophrenic categories - are prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Now we find some unknown fraction of these treated categories seem to be subject to violent episodes.

It isn't known if these are the exact same people who, before the age of such drugs, were labeled "lunatics" or whether it is a new mix of people from various styles of illness.  In other words, are the episodes of violence a direct side effect of such drugs, or a reversion to the basic nature of the the deranged individual, when untreated, or some combination of such causes?

Is there work being done to figure this out?

MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:42:07 PM

Not very many people understand the effects of psychotropic drugs on crazy people.  There are REASONS why mental hospitals were before the age of drugs, called "Lunatic asylums." 

Here and now the concern isn't over the highly beneficial aspects of psychotropic drugs used on crazy people in asylums, but the modern concepts that with such drugs, a fair segment of such people can be released into society.
As more and more drugs have been developed, the concept goes farther.  It goes into a realm where people with much less severe mental illnesses - people well into the normal range, as opposed to neurotic, depressed, psychotic, schizophrenic categories - are prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Now we find some unknown fraction of these treated categories seem to be subject to violent episodes.

It isn't known if these are the exact same people who, before the age of such drugs, were labeled "lunatics" or whether it is a new mix of people from various styles of illness.  In other words, are the episodes of violence a direct side effect of such drugs, or a reversion to the basic nature of the the deranged individual, when untreated, or some combination of such causes?

Well, looking at autism in particular, it is increasing dramatically over the past few decades:    

Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2025, Warns Senior Research Scientist at MIT

"At a conference last Thursday, in a special panel discussion about GMOs, she took the audience by surprise when she declared, “At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.” She noted that the side effects of autism closely mimic those of glyphosate toxicity, and presented data showing a remarkably consistent correlation between the use of Roundup on crops (and the creation of Roundup-ready GMO crop seeds) with rising rates of autism. Children with autism have biomarkers indicative of excessive glyphosate, including zinc and iron deficiency, low serum sulfate, seizures, and mitochondrial disorder."

No, Half of All Children Won't Be Autistic By 2025, Despite What Your Facebook Friends May Tell You

I don't believe it's a natural disease. I believe it's caused by environmental influences in some way. The cause is up for debate, but I don't believe it's that people weren't diagnosing it in the past, I think people would have noticed autistic people if there were any around back then. So if it's a new disease, and increasing exponentially, I do believe something in the environment is causing it.

If that's the case, I strongly believe some other psychological problems are caused by the environment too.

So I don't believe the people taking these drugs today are the same ones being called lunatics in the past. Also, most people in the United States are on a prescription drug at some time in their life.

From the Center for Disease Control (CDC):

"Prescription drug use 

Percent of persons using at least one prescription drug in the past 30 days: 48.7% (2009-2012)
    Percent of persons using three or more prescription drugs in the past 30 days: 21.8% (2009-2012)
    Percent of persons using five or more prescription drugs in the past 30 days: 10.7% (2009-2012)   

Physician office visits

Number of drugs ordered or provided: 2.6 billion
    Percent of visits involving drug therapy: 75.1%
    Most frequently prescribed therapeutic classes:
        Analgesics
        Antihyperlipidemic agents
        Antidepressants   "

"52 Million people in the US, over the age of 12, have used prescription drugs non-medically in their lifetime." - link

The amount of people taking drugs which will affect their brains is much larger than the amount of lunatics percentage wise in the past. So, once again, I don't believe they're the same lunatic fringe population.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:39:19 PM

I was given anti depressants as a young teen. I was depressed but I had good reason. This was never discussed I was simply given pills. A few months later I was hallucinating paranoid and delusional. Diagnosis: schizophrenia and I was institutionalized and put on anti psychotic meds. I eventually (with great deal of struggle) got away from the psych industry and take no drugs and am fine now years later but I trust no doctor have no relationship with my parents and suffer PTSD

The system is f#%^ed
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

I was given anti depressants as a young teen. I was depressed but I had good reason. This was never discussed I was simply given pills. A few months later I was hallucinating paranoid and delusional. Diagnosis: schizophrenia and I was institutionalized and put on anti psychotic meds. I eventually (with great deal of struggle) got away from the psych industry and take no drugs and am fine now years later but I trust no doctor have no relationship with my parents and suffer PTSD

The system is f#%^ed

It's really sick right?

If you had counseling about the depression, you may have never needed to take any pills.

That's what's so wrong with this all, the doctors are just trying to treat symptoms, not the cause. Then the cause won't go away and the people will keep coming back and paying more money.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:52:20 PM

Well, looking at autism in particular....

Naw, let's not, because it has zero relation to anything I said. 
MakingMoneyHoney (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:05:55 PM

Not very many people understand the effects of psychotropic drugs on crazy people.  There are REASONS why mental hospitals were before the age of drugs, called "Lunatic asylums."  

As more and more drugs have been developed, the concept goes farther.  It goes into a realm where people with much less severe mental illnesses - people well into the normal range, as opposed to neurotic, depressed, psychotic, schizophrenic categories - are prescribed psychotropic drugs.

It isn't known if these are the exact same people who, before the age of such drugs, were labeled "lunatics" or whether it is a new mix of people from various styles of illness.  In other words, are the episodes of violence a direct side effect of such drugs, or a reversion to the basic nature of the the deranged individual, when untreated, or some combination of such causes?

Well, looking at autism in particular....

Naw, let's not, because it has zero relation to anything I said.  

You can ignore the whole post as much as you want to, but I think it's highly related. There are obvious issues dealing with the brain and how it functions in people that are being changed by our environment.

From the National Institute for Mental Health

"Scientists don't know the exact causes of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), but research suggests that both genes and environment play important roles.
Environmental factors

In medicine, "environment" refers to anything outside of the body that can affect health. This includes the air we breathe, the water we drink and bathe in, the food we eat, the medicines we take, and many other things that our bodies may come in contact with. Environment also includes our surroundings in the womb, when our mother's health directly affects our growth and earliest development.

Researchers are studying many environmental factors such as family medical conditions, parental age and other demographic factors, exposure to toxins, and complications during birth or pregnancy.

As with genes, it's likely that more than one environmental factor is involved in increasing risk for ASD. And, like genes, any one of these risk factors raises the risk by only a small amount. Most people who have been exposed to environmental risk factors do not develop ASD. The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences is also conducting research in this area. More information is available on their website .

Scientists are studying how certain environmental factors may affect certain genes—turning them on or off, or increasing or decreasing their normal activity. This process is called epigenetics and is providing researchers with many new ways to study how disorders like ASD develop and possibly change over time."
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: