Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCleaner = Probable scammer  (Read 2077 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:08:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63369;sa=showPosts

I swear, they don't even try anymore.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:08:06 PM

This thread is pretty funny -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98803.msg1081363#msg1081363

Everyone is calling him a scammer and he still hasn't replied to the accusations. Now he is trying to sell something else instead...
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:19:33 PM

I don't know, this doesn't seem very scammy.

WE MUST USE ESCROW! I DON'T CARE if you are the most trusted member on this site, I will NOT ship first! WE WILL USE ESCROW!

also, I read through the thread, "Here is a stock photo of the laptop" He doesn't claim that their actual unit, its just a good picture of what they are selling.

It could be a scam, but you are a little premature in calling it in my opinion. At least wait for a statement from them, or a personalized pic?
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:44:05 PM

I don't know, this doesn't seem very scammy.

WE MUST USE ESCROW! I DON'T CARE if you are the most trusted member on this site, I will NOT ship first! WE WILL USE ESCROW!

also, I read through the thread, "Here is a stock photo of the laptop" He doesn't claim that their actual unit, its just a good picture of what they are selling.

It could be a scam, but you are a little premature in calling it in my opinion. At least wait for a statement from them, or a personalized pic?

Sure, he puts "WE MUST USE ESCROW!" in the ad, but I contacted him a while back on one of my alts and he claimed to be in a big rush to sell it, and asked if it would be possible to just send him the coins directly since escrow would add another layer of delay.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:55:34 PM

Sure, he puts "WE MUST USE ESCROW!" in the ad, but I contacted him a while back on one of my alts and he claimed to be in a big rush to sell it, and asked if it would be possible to just send him the coins directly since escrow would add another layer of delay.

And what happened when you said, No, I'd rather we use Escrow?

and just to clear it up, I'm not defending CoinCleaner personally, I just think its ridiculous how everyone is so quick to assume that new users are scamming, even though they are willing to go through a trusted medium "escrow" to help build a reputation, while at the same time protecting the buyer/seller.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:07:12 PM

And what happened when you said, No, I'd rather we use Escrow?

and just to clear it up, I'm not defending CoinCleaner personally, I just think its ridiculous how everyone is so quick to assume that new users are scamming, even though they are willing to go through a trusted medium "escrow" to help build a reputation, while at the same time protecting the buyer/seller.
I accuse less than 1% of all new users of being scammers.  However, when the shoe appears to fit, I'll call it.  If you think CoinCleaner deserves the benefit of the doubt, by all means, feel free to send some coins his way.  I'm not going to stop you.

Blind

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:11:04 PM

I'm 99.99% positive that CoinCleaner is a scammer (save 0.01% for miracle). If anyone has doubts about it, they are the reason why scams run so rampant in Bitcoin community. His Mac selling thread screams con so bad, it can be heard from two boards away (bitcoin only mac online store, really?). Yes, he mentioned escrow, but then (according to Tomato), tried to back off from it. Even if escrow was used, there is still possibility of using stolen credit card, hijacked paypal account, or just forged paypal money transfer confirmation email, if bought from site like Craigslist. You can buy shitload of stolen credit card information online for few dollars per thousand. Sucking them dry is the hardest part. If you buy goods online (easiest option), you need access to an address to have them shipped to, risky and not so straightforward if you think about it. Now imagine if you could just sell highly desirable, expensive computer online, for untraceable currency. Genius, isn't it? CoinCleaner cleans your stash and disapears, while you, if unlucky, get state sponsored holiday and free colon enlargement service.

Also, recently he tried to get a loan on very (read: too) favorable terms, guess the outcome.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119384.0

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:21:50 PM

Coincleaner has made two attempts to trade with me and both times I asked for some personally identifying information (which everyone I trade with provides[to protect me from charge backs]  he disappears.  While he has not scammed me I would NOT trust him.
occulta

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:57:02 AM

I vouch for CoinCleaner being an scammer, at least an attempted one.

I was going to buy an amazon gift card from him, with all the previous trade and reputation i have. he wanted me to go first/send half the coins first.

When i refused he said he didnt have 'time for this chit-chat' as he is a businessman and had things to do.

I offered to escrow through someone like nanotube knowing by then he was likely a scammer anyway, surprise surprise he never replied after than.

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 11:34:53 AM

Change vouch to suspect. Vouch implies you trust the guy
DreDri

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

FWIW I've gained a significant amount of information on him in the past hour or so. Just need to push for the account records subpoena and everything will be undeniable.

I offered him an exit at any time until there's a warrant, as I'm sure they're going to find multiple counts of various crimes. He did say he's working on sending me compensation so that's going in the fax packet to all the institutions. Admission of guilt. I'm just kinda reveling in the likelihood of justice.

I hate Bitcoin now but I love a challenge.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:29:52 PM

Huh  Bitcoin didn't steal your money.  Do you also hate the USD now? 
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:36:42 PM

FWIW I've gained a significant amount of information on him in the past hour or so. Just need to push for the account records subpoena and everything will be undeniable.

I offered him an exit at any time until there's a warrant, as I'm sure they're going to find multiple counts of various crimes. He did say he's working on sending me compensation so that's going in the fax packet to all the institutions. Admission of guilt. I'm just kinda reveling in the likelihood of justice.

Nice try, CoinCleaner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: