Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100[btc] Bounty  (Read 1968 times)
helpneeded101 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

On the 20th of last month, I made a mistake which I regret so much, and which leaves me so puzzled. I decided to buy 20 BTC out of any escrow service(namecalling accepted) and made contact with a certain guy in Pakistan. The deal was that, the guy would load 20 BTC into the wallet, give me logins, and then after verifying BTC were there, would do my part. I paid the guy via bank transfer, and expected a 3 day wait before he would provide the private key and I would take the Bitcoins. Rate offered was pretty good and as soon as I did the transfer, I got a bad feeling and the first thing I did was to put extra security to the account(2FA) etc so that I would be covered. So the guy could not access the Wallet , even though he had kept the private key. As expected, the money arrived and no private key was provided. However, I knew I was the one who was stuck so just buried my head and accepted my loss, making sure he would not still access the 20 BTC. There was then a turn of events, funds started getting into this wallet address which I had locked, , it was first a 20 BTC deposit, but now the balance has balooned to 212 BTC. I sent him a message asking him why he was still depositing to a wallet he had no access to, and he simply said its from miner. So i ended up wondering how this was logical and in the end I suspected he may not even be the owner of the wallet. so now, I am seeking ideas because this 212 BTC will probably lie idle for good. Here is the wallet address,

18U76Dc9KqQtvAFZmxKQU5FxCXQS149FKz

Any help appreciated, and will give away half of the coins if something can be done. If I find the real owner, will only take my 20
kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:00:57 AM

wow 212 BTC thats massive, dont know what to do with double spend like this but would love the giveaway  Cheesy Cheesy
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:05:06 AM

wow 212 BTC thats massive, dont know what to do with double spend like this but would love the giveaway  Cheesy Cheesy

Be aware , may be he is trying to steal the coins from that wallet by searching someone who can unlock the wallet and can reveal the private key of above stated btc address.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:16:54 AM

Be aware , may be he is trying to steal the coins from that wallet by searching someone who can unlock the wallet and can reveal the private key of above stated btc address.
Not taking anything away from what you are saying, if i have stolen the wallet, why is bitcoin still being sent to it?
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 4435

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:21:12 AM

Its pretty odd that you are on a newbie acct and your 1st post is this story. Assuming you might be telling the truth I think you'd need to show some proof before anyone took you serious. Maybe post screenshots of the bank transfer and the messages between you and the other party

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:26:00 AM

Its pretty odd that you are on a newbie acct and your 1st post is this story. Assuming you might be telling the truth I think you'd need to show some proof before anyone took you serious. Maybe post screenshots of the bank transfer and the messages between you and the other party
Well its not about being a first post, and you believing it or not doesnt matter, my point is those BTC are lying thrre and will probably never be used. I joined the forum specifically to share the story. So no pun intended but those that need to take me serious are free to do so
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:26:20 AM

this is a very good idea so people will start to think about it seriously, theres a double spend alert on this wallet
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:28:43 AM

To good to be true. Another troll to get us all excited about an imaginary transaction and everybody salivating like a dog with rabies.
helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:33:02 AM

To good to be true. Another troll to get us all excited about an imaginary transaction and everybody salivating like a dog with rabies.
I wonder how its too good to be true, the coins are locked forever
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:43:30 AM

I wonder how its too good to be true, the coins are locked forever

Who provided the escrow ? Was it from this forum ? If so also post in Scam Accusations the full details of how this happened it will help others not fall into the same trap.
iruu

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:33:03 AM

So basically
1. some guy created a wallet on blockchain.info, added a watch only address with 20 btc in it and gave you login to the wallet
2. you sent him fiat money and set 2fa on a wallet
3. he didn't give you a private key

What this means: You don't have any control over the address, you can't block it. He controls the address. You have been scammed and, unless you can find the guy, that's it.  

To do what you wanted correctly, that is, capability to block the address if no key is provided:
make the other party send btc to a 2-of-2 multisig address (google it), one key yours, one his. He will either give you the key/sign a transaction or the funds will be locked.  

Hexcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:43:03 AM

so basically you want us to find the seller for you or we guess the private key for that address you had provided? Shocked
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:03:59 PM

there are question from me  Smiley
what this address 18U76Dc9KqQtvAFZmxKQU5FxCXQS149FKz from you?  if this address 18U76Dc9KqQtvAFZmxKQU5FxCXQS149FKz from you and created by blockchain and you can not access your blockchain, maybe I can help you  Wink

yes maybe Undecided
BlackBaron

Activity: 643
Merit: 263

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:49:10 PM

If you don't own the private key you don't own the bitcoins. I think you got scammed. There is no way to access the bitcoin if you don't know the private key. Just move on.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 12:55:32 PM

So, basically, the guy created your account and set a warch-only address?  That's what I'm seeing unless I missed something.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:22:45 PM

I don't Believe in the story of OP , In technical Term if you don't have Private Keys of the address then you don't own the coins of that Wallet.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

I think it is only another fake account created only for the purpose to post/spam a lot o messages in this thread (by who is enrolled in a sig. campaign). But maybe I'm wrong....
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:45:45 PM

Well its not about being a first post, and you believing it or not doesnt matter, my point is those BTC are lying thrre and will probably never be used. I joined the forum specifically to share the story. So no pun intended but those that need to take me serious are free to do so

I have some question for you:
1. Why you make new account for this problem?
2. From what you said, i think you're really careless to make some 2fa on that random wallet address, and not transfer it to another wallet on that day too.
3. You said it balooned from 20 BTC to 212 BTC and it is from a mining profit?? You're make mistake on here.
You only got 1 wallet address when buy some BTC on store. Your profit from mining will not targeted on that new random address. Why you not use your original wallet address if you want buy some goods more than 1 BTC ?
4. Where do you bought this 20 BTC? you must invite the seller or give their website address for make sure this serious thing. If you forget, then it make sure you are not the owner of the wallet.
5. I think this is very serious problem. 246 BTC is not small money. and you looks so calm now.
6. Can you give another wallet address which you have access to it? I wanna make sure how many BTC you've got on the another wallet. Based from your story telling, this is just random address 18U76Dc9KqQtvAFZmxKQU5FxCXQS149FKz and not your real address.
7. "Your random wallet address" (i don't think this is yours) get warning from blockchain: Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:01:22 PM

I agreed on this one and this may be the case here

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

I think it is only another fake account created only for the purpose to post/spam a lot o messages in this thread (by who is enrolled in a sig. campaign). But maybe I'm wrong....

reason reasonable, but with see 4 activity in their profile it give only chances +- 30% that this OP is fake account who only used for following signature campaign.

or if you assuming that there are some commentator in this thread which is original owner from OP account, then who is it?
kampretkabur, letyouearn, Nobitcoin, Hexcoin, monbux, zeraTunerse or me

yeah, this is just my opinion without any offend anyone Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: