Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] Website generating profit of $300-400 per month  (Read 17663 times)
MyBitMine (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:26:45 AM

We are sorry to announce that we have to sell off MyBitMine. In short, the reasoning behind this sale is simple - with the full-time employment of Richard and my full time studies, we just do not have enough time to continue maintaining this project in a way which is fair to the users.

Details
If you haven't already seen the site, feel free to visit http://mybitmine.co and do your own investigation. In short, the site as one of the biggest and the longest running Bitcoin faucet game with more than 18,000 registered users and several Bitcoin paid out in microtransactions.

We have announced and almost fully developed a huge upgrade for the game, and you will receive any development process we have so that you can continue where we left off. You can read more about this on our main BitcoinTalk thread.

Financials
We have created a video tour of the financials for the site which you can view below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ke5xmCwcwM

For those interested, we can give read access to both the Analytics and the Adsense accounts, in return for proof of funds.

What you get
  • Domain and current script
  • Any development process towards the upgrade
  • The MyBitMine member account for BitcoinTalk
  • 1 month unlimited help and support in getting used to the site and community

Regulations
  • We only accept international bank transfer, escrow.com* or Bitcoin**
  • The auction will run for 11 days (until Oct. 15th 12:00 CEST), but we reserve the right to expand it an additional 3 days (until Oct. 18th 12:00 CEST)
  • We do not currently have a Buy Now price, but reserve the right to put one in place during the auction
  • Bid increments below $50 will be ignored

* We split the fee from using Escrow.com
** 10% of the total price will be added if wishing to pay with Bitcoin due to the expenses & risks we face when exchanging to fiat currency.

The Auction

Starting bid is $1,000. We will update this post with the current highest bid. Placing a bid means you have read and agreed to our regulations for this sale as well as the accepted payment processors. We do not currently hold any Buy Now price, but feel free to reach out per Private Message in case you have a realistic offer.

• Days left: 11
  • Current Bid: N/A
  • Current Bid Holder: N/A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:10:17 PM

Basicly what you are saying, is in the future this will become a sceme. I joined this site because it was you who made and was running it, since you where a valued memeber of easybitco chat.

I understand the part that your study is more important atm, and whish you the best with that, but selling this site is the worst you can do to your members.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:11:04 PM

I understand your point but maybe the game wont sell,and if sell the new owner can make the new version and that way all can keep playing it now we must see what will happen.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:24:04 PM

This should probably be in the Auctions board, since it's not a direct selling of the website for a fixed price.

Does that mean that the new owner will get the development of what you've already done towards v2? Can you specify how much you've done and how much there is required to do?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:56:45 PM

That's a real bummer. Can you at least keep the game running while you're working on the sale? The last few days that I've tried to do the active mining, the amount of my resources has not advanced at all.
ozycash

Activity: 288

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 08:38:58 PM

so christian has finally destroyed the site for you, with his lies, abuse, angry replies, etc
if you wanted to keep the site running then members would understand any slowness in updating the site.
i hope you have learned that allowing people like christian to claim that they are the admin will always destroy any project that you attempt in the future.
will you pay all outstanding balances before you sell?

the best faucet instant payment
zbret

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:50:19 PM

The video states 1.5 BTC per day (~$300-400/day) comes in, but the subject here states $300-400 per month. 

Is the site paying out 96% of its profits or is there something else going on here? 

Can you post some financial data like gross monthly (BTC), expenses, net income, etc?

Is there a link to the auction site so you can watch and/or bid?

knowhow

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:06:54 AM

Man look even the income being 1,5btc daily,each account top 40 taking around 0.25btc daily and do the match ,income and outcome is getting out of control,meaning the more users improve their accounts the less will stay in the pocket of the game.

The big fact is those incove somedays is bigger then others,soo those income should be the maximum earned in a day others days the support should be less,soo who will buy this if this will happen ,well need to manage those to avoid bankrupt,i guess thats why admin need to change to the new version round based that way he can get some income bigger then those.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:20:41 AM

Do you mind sharing the upkeep costs for the website? Do you have an estimate of how many hours/week of work it takes to maintain the site?

areebmajeed

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:18:35 AM

True, I'd also like to know the upkeep costs of maintaining the site. Further, what sort of server is required to run the website? I guess, I am interested, will talk to the team though.
zbret

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:19:57 AM

Agreed [Knowhow], and while on that topic seller, please share the trends.  IE Quarterly financials for 4 quarters, and/or a few years worth of annual data.

Besides the fact that this is the most basic information about a potential investment to analyze it, it addresses a concern when reviewing this particular business.  

The concern has already been expressed here.  In this site, expenses (especially to top users, or users becoming top users) are likely to continually increase as the bonuses of each account steadily rise.  If you don't get more new users on a regular basis (which you pay 0 or little to as they build up their game), the balance tips and the game loses money.

You can make changes to become more profitable, but at the risk of angering and alienating your users, and thus your income stream and trust in the community.

Related, you probably should publish statistics on new returning user growth or perhaps number of page views by users that are less than X months old (3 months might make a good dividing line?  seems to take several months to build up to anything even remotely worthwhile to pay-out).

knowhow

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:28:10 AM

Well each user with full upgrades will get 432k being active 24hours a day,as i know top users can make a captcha every 4 hours means 6 times a day they must click,and well some users using the auto mining feature ,reducing their income and generating gold without captcha.
Soo i say those report of adsense and there is some days at 70dkk as 40 dkk and 100dkk ,the income never the same,and isnt a day record is a montly,september record,sure more info must be gived like last 3 months income and outspend,besides those there is contracts that take some part of the income,before any sell me made you admin must refund us paying a bit above what we had paid for them,since i dont wanna to swicth to the new owner since the investment were made at your management and i dont know where the new owner will keep being honest and paying us ..... soo before any step on these way refund CONTRACT USERS im one of them soo kindly refund me those.
Mawo123

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:49:36 AM

Man look even the income being 1,5btc daily,each account top 40 taking around 0.25btc daily and do the match ,income and outcome is getting out of control,meaning the more users improve their accounts the less will stay in the pocket of the game.

The big fact is those incove somedays is bigger then others,soo those income should be the maximum earned in a day others days the support should be less,soo who will buy this if this will happen ,well need to manage those to avoid bankrupt,i guess thats why admin need to change to the new version round based that way he can get some income bigger then those.

I am ranked 4th in mybitmine and i make no where near that amount in a day. I would love to learn how to though.
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:38:28 AM

Got up a bit early so might have missed a question or two, but please bear with me I'll try and address it all here in this post.

Basicly what you are saying, is in the future this will become a sceme. I joined this site because it was you who made and was running it, since you where a valued memeber of easybitco chat.

I understand the part that your study is more important atm, and whish you the best with that, but selling this site is the worst you can do to your members.

I have the deepest understand for why you feel this way - in fact, it was a tough decision to move forward with this. However, at this stage we are fresh out of ideas since we simply do not have enough time to move forward with MBM anymore.

This should probably be in the Auctions board, since it's not a direct selling of the website for a fixed price.

Does that mean that the new owner will get the development of what you've already done towards v2? Can you specify how much you've done and how much there is required to do?

Yes of course the new owner will get the current script + all of the development towards 2.0.
We have almost all of the backend functionality for 2.0:
  • Registration / signing
  • Active Mining
  • Passive mining
  • Market
  • General game functionality with movement etc
  • A bunch of graphics for the game

What is lacking at this stage is basically to put it all together in the game, test it with the community and release it publicly.

I will have Richard post the exact details of what needs done here in a few hours.

That's a real bummer. Can you at least keep the game running while you're working on the sale? The last few days that I've tried to do the active mining, the amount of my resources has not advanced at all.

Of course the issue you're speaking of was a memory issue with the current hosting plan but it has been fixed now.
The game will run throughout the auction.

so christian has finally destroyed the site for you, with his lies, abuse, angry replies, etc
if you wanted to keep the site running then members would understand any slowness in updating the site.
i hope you have learned that allowing people like christian to claim that they are the admin will always destroy any project that you attempt in the future.
will you pay all outstanding balances before you sell?

Oh no this has nothing to do with Christian - in fact, he has done a lot of good work on the script. We have just come to realize that none of us can put the time into this project which is required to provide the same level of user care as I did from the beginning.

The video states 1.5 BTC per day (~$300-400/day) comes in, but the subject here states $300-400 per month. 

Is the site paying out 96% of its profits or is there something else going on here? 

Can you post some financial data like gross monthly (BTC), expenses, net income, etc?

Is there a link to the auction site so you can watch and/or bid?

Oh yes that was a spoken err in my end. I did mean 1-1.5 per month in Bitcoin transactions - not per day.

I will post a bit more of the financials of the game in the main topic later today.

We are running this site primarily as an auction in BCT. We created an account on Flippa which was instantly banned due to them connecting us with another account and their horrid customer support were of no help on the matter, claiming we were the same guy and bragging about their effeciency in closing down malicious accounts.

Do you mind sharing the upkeep costs for the website? Do you have an estimate of how many hours/week of work it takes to maintain the site?

Will update the original topic. In regards to hours of work to maintain the site. The main post of work involves caring for the users and replying to their inquiries here on BCT. I spent a good deal of time looking through posts but you can schedule this to make it easier and more effecient.

I will have Richard estimate how much work is required to have the upgrade ready for users. From there on, the upkeep work for the site should merely be handling customer care and making sure the Bitcoin balance is high enough to pay out users (transfering fiat currency from Adsense to the bitcoin wallet).

Agreed [Knowhow], and while on that topic seller, please share the trends.  IE Quarterly financials for 4 quarters, and/or a few years worth of annual data.

Besides the fact that this is the most basic information about a potential investment to analyze it, it addresses a concern when reviewing this particular business. 

The concern has already been expressed here.  In this site, expenses (especially to top users, or users becoming top users) are likely to continually increase as the bonuses of each account steadily rise.  If you don't get more new users on a regular basis (which you pay 0 or little to as they build up their game), the balance tips and the game loses money.

You can make changes to become more profitable, but at the risk of angering and alienating your users, and thus your income stream and trust in the community.

Related, you probably should publish statistics on new returning user growth or perhaps number of page views by users that are less than X months old (3 months might make a good dividing line?  seems to take several months to build up to anything even remotely worthwhile to pay-out).

I'll address this in order of questions.

Have you had a look at the video above? That is our annual financial statistics since the site has been running since Oct 14th 2014, it will be a bit difficult to come up with more than 1 years worth of statistics.

As you see, the Adsense data is no older than 2 months since we did not start using it earlier. Before that, we ran with Bitmedia.io which is also covered in the video.

In regards to top users vs new users, we already prepared for this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=825713.0

The potential buyer will of course receive any progress towards this upgrade we currently have. Please read reply above.

Well each user with full upgrades will get 432k being active 24hours a day,as i know top users can make a captcha every 4 hours means 6 times a day they must click,and well some users using the auto mining feature ,reducing their income and generating gold without captcha.
Soo i say those report of adsense and there is some days at 70dkk as 40 dkk and 100dkk ,the income never the same,and isnt a day record is a montly,september record,sure more info must be gived like last 3 months income and outspend,besides those there is contracts that take some part of the income,before any sell me made you admin must refund us paying a bit above what we had paid for them,since i dont wanna to swicth to the new owner since the investment were made at your management and i dont know where the new owner will keep being honest and paying us ..... soo before any step on these way refund CONTRACT USERS im one of them soo kindly refund me those.

Will reply to this on the main MBM topic in a second Smiley
EthanB

Merit: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:46:18 AM

If you are interested in hiring someone to help manage the community/site I can be that person for you. This way you can avoid transferring ownership and staying true to your members.
GiocareHost

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:02:08 AM

sad to hear it will be sold Sad
aajtak

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:57:41 PM

Sad news. I guess I should halt mining until the new owner reveals his plan.
wayniac30

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:10:11 PM

I am actually very interested i would def not turn it into a scheme i am just wondering if i won the auction then paid the rest of what you need for v 2.0 could you guys finish 2.0 for me?
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:00:08 AM

Hi,

Most of the work is already done on MBM2.
All the big parts like:
-Player market
-Active mining
-Passive mining
-The basics for the playable game, this includes walking - camera movement - and optimized fps.
-interaction with ingame characters

Things that you will have to do to finish it off.
-implement active mining and passive mining into the game
-add structures where you want them.

Thanks,
Richard.
FistofAres

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:30:20 AM

I explained why i placed it here...Rrrrread da post... This problem only arose AFTER they announced an auction, thus leading me to believe they may have suspended some features...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: