Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RE-OPENED! MyBitMine.co | New Type Of Faucet | Get Bitcoin From Playing  (Read 170885 times)
MyBitMine (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:14:29 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 02:37:49 PM by MyBitMine

We are back up and running!

The Development of MyBitMine v2.0

Alright guys, I believe it's time for a long waited update. Some of you are already aware of this change, but most of you had no knowledge of this. You might have been wondering why no update has been made to the site in a while. We have been working hard behind the screen in order to do a complete make-over for MyBitMine. Something I like to call MyBitMine v.2.0

Please keep reading to understand the biggest changes and how you can help make this vision a reality!

If you are too lazy to read this entire update, feel free to view this videos to get an idea of what MyBitMine v2.0 will be like.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/c-ADKtan1Zk?rel=o&autoplay=1

By the way, I decided to step out of the shadows and introduce myself to you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7_oN3iGYw

If you still haven't tried the game yet, feel free to visit http://mybitmine.co and give it a shot.

I will update this thread as well as our crowdfunding page to keep track on the progress we make.

How you can help make MyBitMine v2.0 a reality

Well at this point I have to admit - this upgrade does not come for free and we will need all the help we can get. We will need a completely new website design, designs for the maps and custom sprites. Not to mention all the development needed - the new site has to be written completely from scratch. Now how will we be able to fund this big upgrade? One word, Crowdfunding.

We have already been able to gather a couple of Bitcoin from investors and site profits, but we are still low on funds in order to achieve this upgrade. Now, the upgrade will happen no matter what. However, it will take longer for us to complete the upgrade, if we are unable to crowdfund this project. I will pay the remainder out of my own pockets, but I am far from rich and can not even spare 1 Bitcoin every month.

How many Bitcoin do we need for this upgrade?

To put it simple - we can't make this game a reality for less than 5 Bitcoin more than we already have gathered. Development of MyBitMine v2.0 will not be started until we are certain that we have enough funds to finish the project. These funds will go uncut to the development and design of the new game.

Why you should help crowdfund MyBitMine v2.0

There are a few reasons and incentives for you to help crowdfund the new MyBitMine.
[✔] You love the game and want to see this become a huge success
[✔] The payout rates in MyBitMine v2.0 will EXPLODE
[✔] You (and your company/website) will be mentioned as a donator in our credits and hall of fame section.
[✔] Early access to beta testing MyBitMine v2.0
[✔] Premium Miner membership at the launch of MyBitMine v2.0

How do I help donate to this project?

There are a few ways in which you can help us and I will list them out below. Anything you can do, even promoting this crowdfunding project is a huge help and will help us make this game a reality as soon as possible!

• Anonymous Direct Donations
    The fastest and easiest way of helping us make MyBitMine a success is anonymous donations directly to us. You can donate directly to the following address or get in touch with us for more info on how to receive some of the milestone benefits:
    15jJfLGQDbycqoSxoVSq1tiuFsjWTZNmKz
  • Direct Donations /w benefits
    Alternatively, you can contact me if you wish to donate more than 0.01 Bitcoin and receive some of our benefits.
    The following donation milestones can be reached:
    +0.01 BTC - Early Access to the beta of MyBitMine v2.0 before release.
    +0.03 BTC - Premium Miner membership during the early beta of MyBitMine v2.0. Includes the above.
    +0.15 BTC - We will mention you and your website/profile on our credits page. Includes all of the above.
    +0.5 BTC - Get in touch with us to discuss large amount of funding. Includes all of the above.
  • Fiat Currency
    Another option is to fund our project using fiat Currency. At this stage we are accepting Paypal.
    Feel free to contact us in order to help us fund the project using Paypal.
    +$5 - Early Access to the beta of MyBitMine v2.0 before release.
    +$10 - Premium Miner membership during the early beta of MyBitMine v2.0. Includes the above.
    +$35 - We will mention you and your website/profile on our credits page. Includes all of the above.
    +$100 - Get in touch with us to discuss large amount of funding. Includes all of the above.
  • Faucet Usage
    Alternatively, you can use the following address and help us by using a few faucets. The best option is using the http://scanthebox.com rotator, but any site will work perfect.
    15jJfLGQDbycqoSxoVSq1tiuFsjWTZNmKz
  • General help and alternative donations
    Feel free to contact me if you believe you can help us in ANY other way. Maybe you're a web designer, maybe you have some spare DogeCoins or you might even be able to design the templates used in our maps. Who knows, maybe you have the exact skillset we need! We will of course give you credit for the work or time you help us with.
    Feel free to get in touch with me here or per e-mail on admin@mybitmine.co

How far has this Crowdfunding brought us?
Here you will be able to see how far the crowdfunding has brought us towards our goal. I will keep updating this thread to reflect how far we have gotten, so that you guys can view any progress. Since we're accepting both Bitcoin & Fiat currencies, these numbers will be a rough estimate.

0.4313/ ~5 BTC
+ $411

[✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔]
[✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][✔][  ][  ][  ]
[  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]

Participating in MyBitMine v2.0 BETA

During the BETA testing of 2.0, we will of course offer prizes for those involved. The payout system will be fully functional from day 1 of the testing phase, and payouts will happen monthly in accordance with he competitive payout scheme. Hopefully we can keep the testing phase as short as possible, but we need to weed out any bugs before releasing the game to the public!

The game in its current form will be closed when we launch the testing phase for 2.0. Have no fears though, all of your account details and statistics will be saved and transfered to 2.0 after the testing has ended.

Furthermore, we will offer a raffle with FREE PC games at the end of the BETA testing of 2.0. This means that any user participating in the testing phase will have a chance to win a nice game for either Steam, Origin or Uplay! I will not disclose the game titles at this moment though, but I will do all in my power to hand out popular games which you will enjoy.

What is MyBitMine v2.0

MyBitMine v2.0 is a major upgrade to the current game. We will build the new game on top of the Phaser.io engine, which will make MyBitMine feel more like a real game. Our vision is to make this game the highest paying faucet, complete with awesome features, addictive gameplay and a competitive payout scheme. You will no longer have to wait until your Mine is fully upgrade until you exchange your Gold to Bitcoin. Instead, you will compete against other players for the big prizes!

Please view the video here to get an idea of how the game will look and feel:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/c-ADKtan1Zk?rel=o&autoplay=1

What are the changes from MyBitMine v1.x to v2.0?

I will try and explain the biggest changes to the game in this section. Keep in mind that these are only the most important changes. Some of the old features will be removed, and some new ones will be introduced.

Your old account

One important thing to notice is that your old account, stats and upgrades will not be lost. Everything will be transfered to the new game. Now, some upgrades are not directly transferable, and we will give you Gold & Resources to buy the new upgrades as a refund for those you've already achieved. All referrals and account IDs will stay with your account, and users who are Premium Miner when we make the transfer, will receive an additional month of Premium Miner membership.

The Phaser engine

As you see in the video above, we will completely convert MyBitMine from being a text-based game to a browser based RPG-style game. You will be able to move around the maps using the WASD keys, while interacting with the objects of the game. You will be able to speak with your Workers, go to the shops and view their merchandise, and even go explore the inside of your own mine!

Active Mining

Active Mining will be very similar to how it works in MyBitMine v1.x. You will speak with the Manager of your mine in order to get your Workers inside your mine and start digging for resources. However, the St. Bernard Lake will be removed. Instead, you will be able to enter your mine and manually dig for resources by roaming around and interacting with the Ores.

Round based & the Competitive Payout Scheme

A lot of thought has been put into making this game profitable for all users, and making sure that everyone has an equal chance of earning Bitcoin. For that reason, we have decided to move away from the direct payout system, where you are able to exchange your Gold directly into Bitcoin. Instead, we will introduce a round based game with a competitive payout system.

A round will last one full month, and the top players will receive a Bitcoin prize at the end of every round. This might sound scary to some of you, but fear not - you do not have to play 24/7 in order to win any Bitcoin prizes. In fact, we will pay the top 300 players in the game so your odds of winning are likely in your favor.

So, how do we plan on paying the top 300 players? Well, we will divide users into 3 tiers based on their progress in the game. We will pay the top 100 users in each tier. Check out the payment schedule below:

• 70% of prize money goes to Tier 1
  • 25% of prize money goes to Tier 2
  • 5% of prize money goes to Tier 3
  • In every Tier, 80% of their respective prize money will go towards the top 10 users. The rest will be divided equally amongst the rest of the top 100 players.

The prize money is funded by last months earnings. So the prizes will increase when the site gets bigger. The more players - the higher prizes!

You might worry at this point, that the same 10 people will be the winners. For this reason - users who win a round will get their accounts partially reset after they recieve their prize. It will however be optional whether or not you want to accept the prize. You can choose to keep your mine as it is and disregard the prize, in order to aim for a higher payout. The prize money will then be added to next months prizes. After accepting your reward you will also receive a bonus to your mine after the reset has occured. Note that your referrals and Premium Miner membership will not be reset. Referrals are never removed from your account (unless they are banned from the game), and Premium Miner membership will last for the entire duration you ordered.

Changes in Upgrades

Another big difference between v1 and v2.0 is the feeling of progression. When you buy an upgrade (like hiring a new Worker), this upgrade will appear in the game for you to interact with. When you are Actively Mining, your Workers will be roaming around the inside of your mine. Buying a Tavern (formerly known as Chamber), will place the building inside your Camp.

The mechanism of upgrades will also be changed completely. Most upgrades will be time-based. An example of this is your Workers. Buying another Worker is not a permanent upgrade. Instead, you hire him on a contractual basis, and he will work in your mine for a set period of time. The same goes for buildings - they will break down over time and needs to be repaired if you want to keep them. The reason behind this change is also to prevent people from buying upgrades to reach the top 10 and then stop playing the game.

Updates

05-05-15: We have decided to only reset only the winners and I have changed the thread text to reflect this. Thank you Goku90504 for this suggestion.

05-08-15: We have added Paypal as an option for crowdfunding as well as faucet usage with our address. It has come to my attention that a lot of you want to help, but not many of you posses any funds for helping out. Faucet usage is definetely a way in which you can help us out. It's not much but anything goes! Wink Thanks to nmill12 for bringing this to my attention

05-14-15: I have lowered the crowdfunding bonus thresholds a bit, seeing as the inital prices might have been a little "overkill". Furthermore, I have revealed a new section in the thread describing the beta testing of 2.0. We will offer up a chance for any beta tester to win a free PC game for either Steam, Origin or Uplay. Of course we also handle payouts during beta testing!

06-03-15: We have moved away from the RPGJS engine and will instead use the Phaser.io HTML5 game engine. The reason is this platform being a lot stronger than what RPGJS has to offer. This will not however change anything for you guys. It will merely be the mechanics behind the screen.

06-13-15:
The invesment games will carry over to 2.0 - but the fact that the investment bankers and stock brokers sometimes steal your funds, will be terminated. This means in 2.0, everyone will get paid when they are said to be paid.

In regards to the contracts. I am happy to announce that these will ALSO carry over to 2.0! There will be 2 things done differently though.
1. Contract owners will have more financial insight into the site earnings, to make sure that you get paid what you are eglible for. This information will however not be public and only accessible by those with contracts in their accounts.
2. We will open a peer to peer market, where you guys can buy and sell contracts from each others easily from within the game.

07-07-15:
We've posted an update on our current progress in the game. Had to face a couple of solid brick walls in the process, but we managed to overcome them and this we have have so far:

Game related:
- player movement for mobile / PC
- player interaction in terms of talking to npc's for mobile / PC
- tilemap generation and smooth camera movement mobile / PC
- a chat system to allow players to talk to eachother (this is done through a chatbox and not ingame, although we have been thinking on improving this)

Website related:
- Overview page done.

08-13-2015
Well you guys might have been wondering what has been going on lately, so I decided to bring you this update on the current progress.

The development of MBM2 is currently on hold while we are waiting for the graphics to be designed. There is simply nothing more we can do now without the new graphics. We will however receive a whole bunch of it over the next couple of days so development can be resumed again shortly. I spoke with our artist earlier this day and he has cleared his schedule the next couple of days to work solely on this project.

Richard and I have founded the company Saovy IVS which will be maintaining the further development of MyBitMine. Saovy is a company which is legally registered in Denmark and owned in part by Richard and part by my other company. The goal of Saovy is to bring you guys the best game that MBM can be, with the highest prizes and best opportunities for later upgrades. Furthermore, we will not only maintain MyBitMine. We will be working on a couple of other projects (both related to Bitcoin and completely non-Bitcoin related ones).

Our latest project is IdleMiners. While Richard has been working hard on the development of MyBitMine, I have been working on a completely new project called IdleMiners. This is an alternative way for you to win some Bitcoin playing a different game on your smartphone or tablet. So head over to http://idleminers.com and check it out for yourself. This game is issued and will be maintained by Saovy as well.

So keep the name Saovy in mind for some interesting and innovative new Bitcoin related projects. At some point we will build up a mailing list for Saovy, where you will be able to opt-in for newsletters regarding updates for current projects and even the release of completely new ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:49:43 AM

I'm willing to help you to publicize the game.

I will contact you about this now.
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

Thank you Armis - I see it there.

The site has received a completely new design and the score system has been approve. Still hoping some designers show up to help making it even better.
bitcoin2x

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

You have reward for bitcointalk member ?
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:08:15 PM

You have reward for bitcointalk member ?

I am not sure that I understand this question. Can you ellaborate?

As mentioned in the topic, there is rewards for the top 10 players.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:31:12 AM

Hello, I can help with the design. Smiley
Shoot me a PM if you're interested

Good game by the way

MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:39:27 PM

I contacted you, Lolipop and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The exchange page has been updated to include dropdown lists instead of buttons and the sidebar has been tweaked a little on all pages.
Strainer

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:49:31 PM

Hi,

I like the idea behind this game, just a few things I would personally change:

1. Don`t make it a pay-to-win game by offering unlimited exchange of BTC to in-game resources. This breaks all fairness and balance.

2. If you have to have Bitcoin-based bonuses, make them in a way that doesn't break balancing right away. For example, you might offer temporary boosts like double mining time without captcha, some option like a queue for upgrades, but don't make it straight pay-to-win.

3. I would personally make this game about mining cryptocurrencies, so for example, instead of starting with a goldmine and 1 worker, how about starting with 1 CPU-Miner (or a certain amount of hashpower), which you can upgrade in hashpower until you reach GPU-mining, and after upgrading that for a while you reach ASIC gen 1, and so on. In order to avoid confusion, you could create a made-up cryptocurrency like "BitMineCoin". Here is an example:

-)Player starts with 1 CPU-Miner and 10KH/s hashpower giving him 10 BitMineCoin per Captcha (or every 5 minutes). The basic price structure can remain the same, only now instead of upgrading the pickaxe, he is overclocking the cpu. And instead of buying further workers or gold ores, you can buy further PCs (later GPUs and ASICs) and f.e. solar panels. One can easily think of a replacement for the other resources as well, making coins like "BitMineScrypt" and "BitMineX13" instead of Coal and Iron.

I generally like the idea, but I think if you make it about cryptomining, more people would get an idea about the topic in general and it would just fit the theme perfectly.

If you like, you can contact me and we can discuss this further, happy to help.

Greets

Strainer
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

Hi,

I like the idea behind this game, just a few things I would personally change:

1. Don`t make it a pay-to-win game by offering unlimited exchange of BTC to in-game resources. This breaks all fairness and balance.

2. If you have to have Bitcoin-based bonuses, make them in a way that doesn't break balancing right away. For example, you might offer temporary boosts like double mining time without captcha, some option like a queue for upgrades, but don't make it straight pay-to-win.

3. I would personally make this game about mining cryptocurrencies, so for example, instead of starting with a goldmine and 1 worker, how about starting with 1 CPU-Miner (or a certain amount of hashpower), which you can upgrade in hashpower until you reach GPU-mining, and after upgrading that for a while you reach ASIC gen 1, and so on. In order to avoid confusion, you could create a made-up cryptocurrency like "BitMineCoin". Here is an example:

-)Player starts with 1 CPU-Miner and 10KH/s hashpower giving him 10 BitMineCoin per Captcha (or every 5 minutes). The basic price structure can remain the same, only now instead of upgrading the pickaxe, he is overclocking the cpu. And instead of buying further workers or gold ores, you can buy further PCs (later GPUs and ASICs) and f.e. solar panels. One can easily think of a replacement for the other resources as well, making coins like "BitMineScrypt" and "BitMineX13" instead of Coal and Iron.

I generally like the idea, but I think if you make it about cryptomining, more people would get an idea about the topic in general and it would just fit the theme perfectly.

If you like, you can contact me and we can discuss this further, happy to help.

Greets

Strainer

Hi Strainer and thank you very much for the attention towards this game. I have read through your suggestions.

First I'd like to say. It was actually a close call between making the game about cryptocurrency mining and resource mining. I ended up with resource mining mainly for 2 reasons. The first reason is based on what you also mention - I don't want people to mistakenly think that they are actually mining with real hardware. The second reason is that there are a ton of new cloud mining services launching every day and I do not want my game to disappear amongs these. Besides, it is slowly getting a bad reputation with the ponzies disguised as cloud mining services without any hardware, and I did not this negative reputation reflect on the game.

Regarding paid to win. The game was not intended in such a way. The game is intended to be a faucet and investing BTC should simply allow you to get upgrades faster and earn more bitcoins that way. However, during the alpha stage there is no faucet functionality other than the prizes for top 10 players. I am however close to disabling this option to deposit in the beta stage - or at least find an alternative series of reasons for people to deposit. We will see how it goes when we get there. It is however too late now based on the fact that 3 people already made deposits to enhance their odds of winning the prizes.

Your 2nd suggestion is very interesting. Giving some sort of boosts will be an excellent reason for making deposits and I will consider this as an option and try to expand on this. The game was never meant to be pay to win - I will balance out the prices for the next testing phase but leave it as it is during the alpha stage. That is why I run these tests. To see if what I have so far makes sense and to get as much feedback as possible.

I would love to hear more ideas coming from you. You already caught my attention!
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

The exchange page has been updated with dropdown menues instead of buttons, in order to make it more pleasant to look at.

The upgrade page and exchange page has also been upgraded to feel more userfriendly.
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

1. I have changed the terms for the contest to exclude inactive players. Only the top 10 users with more than 0 points will be eglible for a prize.

2. I am still looking for someone more skilled than I am to swoop in and create some nice images for this game. You can read more about credits etc in the main topic.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:13:35 AM

Sorry about the delays, gonna be quite busy this week

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:51:08 PM

Interesting concept. Will you be accepting other coins later on?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:45:46 AM

Sorry about the delays, gonna be quite busy this week

It is quite alright, no hurry. The Alpha will last until November 16th and there will be a Beta version shortly afterwards.

Interesting concept. Will you be accepting other coins later on?

At this moment it will be Bitcoin only. I haven't thought about the possibility of alt coins yet but will keep it as an open suggestion for later releases.
btc-gb

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:11:43 PM

So I exchanged some btc for in game iron. I lost the btc but did not gain the iron. There should be an email address on the contact page where people can report in game issues.
risk91

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:20:21 PM

i can't be patience waiting beta..

and always waiting the prize.. Smiley

good luck mybitmine.. Smiley
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:47:08 PM

So I exchanged some btc for in game iron. I lost the btc but did not gain the iron. There should be an email address on the contact page where people can report in game issues.

What is your username and how much BTC did you exchange?

There is no contact e-mail becaues I would rather keep the communication line open here.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

Never got confirmation email Sad

Still from what I've seen so far this looks very interesting Smiley
MyBitMine (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:05:17 PM

Can you send a private message with your username & e-mail you signed up with?
Then I'll take a look at what happened.

Also, be sure to check your spam folder Smiley
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:07:51 PM

Can you send a private message with your username & e-mail you signed up with?
Then I'll take a look at what happened.

Also, be sure to check your spam folder Smiley
Taras | taras@ceriat.net Wink

Could you verify me with a query? Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: