Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the biggest innovation of bitcoin is ...  (Read 1969 times)
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:21:06 AM

The biggest innovation of bitcoin is the decentralization of this digital currency. No government and no country has the power to control its inflation, circulation or price.

At first yes but as we have seen there are opening more and more companies.
And a good number of them hold your bitcoins which makes it not much decentralized.
But in general this is the innovation of bitcoin, low fee, fast transaction and no need for any verification.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:25:28 AM

The biggest innovation of bitcoin is the decentralization of this digital currency. No government and no country has the power to control its inflation, circulation or price.

And a good number of them hold your bitcoins which makes it not much decentralized.
But in general this is the innovation of bitcoin, low fee, fast transaction and no need for any verification.
By decentralization it means no control by one single entity.Holding bitcoin by someone for some reasons doesn't amount to control

fuddudle

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:27:45 AM

I think the price is very much controlled, if you think its' decentralised, then what about the chinese controlling the largest portion of the mining. Sure, not in the same pool, but collectively.. Secondly, price is very much controlled, and that can only be done through the entities controlling the market having a substantial share of the supply.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:40:16 AM

I think the price is very much controlled, if you think its' decentralised, then what about the chinese controlling the largest portion of the mining. Sure, not in the same pool, but collectively.. Secondly, price is very much controlled, and that can only be done through the entities controlling the market having a substantial share of the supply.

the price is controlled because no real adoption i running currently, it's all about a bunch of rich bitcoin guys playing with the market

the fact that you don't need to rely on a third party is the biggest thing of bitcoin, without this it would have been another fiat system
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:04:29 PM

Independence from government regulation, no freezing of our hard earned money are the freedom I enjoy by bitcoin now a days. Simply the decentralization is the core concept I believe in. By people for people is the concept from where bitcoin born. I'm one of those people.

Yes freedom, we must deserve with respect to our money would be the point where bitcoin innovated whereas any financial society of system failed to provide us. We must love bitcoin for such a liberty brought to us. Simply decentralization would make bitcoin more successful and currency of the globe.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:28:47 PM

By decentralization it means no control by one single entity.Holding bitcoin by someone for some reasons doesn't amount to control

Well, in general this is how it should be but this is not completely true.
Let's say that you are a client of coinbase and they "manage" your bitcoin.
If they go offline you don't control your money, they track you where you spend your bitcoins.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:07:48 PM

No need to pay any tax for holding millions of $$$, no need to worry about the transaction time when transact with other country and no need to worry about the transaction fees, etc.,
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:40:07 PM

To be independent from central banks and solely based on supply/demand

prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:29:49 PM

There is no country border between bitcoin users.
Because the fee is the same transfering bitcoin to your another address and to another part of the world it is the same fee.
These fees are very low comparing to the money that is being transferred. I think that the innovation is all about low fee.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:35:19 PM

Because the fee is the same transfering bitcoin to your another address and to another part of the world it is the same fee.
These fees are very low comparing to the money that is being transferred. I think that the innovation is all about low fee.

That is true but in many place, it is hard or penalizing to convert BTC to their currency. For example Brasil with a massive tax on BTC selling. This completely kill the deal for them. So for international money exchange, it is excellent if the receiver have a good method to exchange currency.

I do, but its not everyone. So its mostly about waiting for BTC to become more developed and accepted all around the world.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
prodigy8

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:17:46 PM

That is true but in many place, it is hard or penalizing to convert BTC to their currency. For example Brasil with a massive tax on BTC selling. This completely kill the deal for them. So for international money exchange, it is excellent if the receiver have a good method to exchange currency.

I do, but its not everyone. So its mostly about waiting for BTC to become more developed and accepted all around the world.

I mean that the transaction fee does not recognize any country border.
There is no higher fee to transfer somewhere in New Zealand or locally inside the same country.
This is innovation, decentralized, low fee, a bit anonymous and no need for any verification at all.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:34:16 PM

There is no higher fee to transfer somewhere in New Zealand or locally inside the same country.
This is innovation, decentralized, low fee, a bit anonymous and no need for any verification at all.

Yeah but if you want to use BTC in Kenya, you'll have to go through loops. You can't just buy food with BTC, you need to go through a payment processor or an exchange to turn the money in local currency. So the transaction fee is not the only fee regarding using BTC "anywhere in the world".

Even most online retailer don,t take BTC's, you deal through a payment processor who do take BTC and the merchant is paid in USD or whatever they want.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
prodigy8

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:28:00 AM

Yeah but if you want to use BTC in Kenya, you'll have to go through loops. You can't just buy food with BTC, you need to go through a payment processor or an exchange to turn the money in local currency. So the transaction fee is not the only fee regarding using BTC "anywhere in the world".

Even most online retailer don,t take BTC's, you deal through a payment processor who do take BTC and the merchant is paid in USD or whatever they want.

If your concern is about to make purchase in every field of life then this is possible by owning a bitcoin debit card.

Well the fees in this case it is not from bitcoin platform but from the bitcoin debit card service and from bank.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:30:03 AM

become a world currency such as the dollar america
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:39:53 AM

If your concern is about to make purchase in every field of life then this is possible by owning a bitcoin debit card.

Well the fees in this case it is not from bitcoin platform but from the bitcoin debit card service and from bank.

Yes that is correct, there is very little place in the "first world" where you would not be able to spend BTC anywhere by proxy. Hence the joke with using Kenya as an example. As i'm not sure "trading plastic" is all that current there, but i might be generalizing.

All in all i think it would be hard to use Bitcoin there when just having a computer and internet is a luxury.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:56:07 AM

The biggest innovation of bitcoin is the use of peer to peer network for the transaction.
It makes the transactions more secure Cool
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:25:31 PM

Blockchain, limited coin supply and annonymity of the users. Also we do not have to rely on the banks with our money.

Yes. All these are consequences of decentralization. Limited supply would attract people. The new innovation in financial sector as well as in computer science.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

... p2p network for send or receive the amount, decentralization, and you don't need to pay tax even if you hold millions value. and blockchain technology is one thing which can beat bitcoin popularity, recently people/group of company is more interested to blockchain technology than bitcoin.
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:52:44 PM

The biggest innovation is decentralized public ledger. By decentralized I mean no control by one single entity (especially only crypto decides if transaction is valid), and public ledger gives so much trust to the Bitcoin.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Ceizer54

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:28:15 PM

The biggest innovation of bitcoin is Decentralisation
Bitcoin is universal and not under control of any country or government but people itself who use bitcoins..That's the best thing i like about bitcoins Smiley
Also bitcoin payments have very less fees and are instant that's another great advantage of bitcoins
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: