Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $200 Amazon Gift Card {Sold To: Projects}  (Read 889 times)
Kalm (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/ya7OkAV.png

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 12:08:27 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 01:03:37 PM by Kalm

Sold to the excellent user Projects

Hey everyone Smiley

I'd like to exchange a $200 Amazon GC for BTC.  I'd prefer to work with someone who is very reputable as I'm fairly new. However, if you are also trying to establish your reputation we can use one of the bitcoin escrow sites recommended throughout the forum.

I'd prefer this to be a 1:1 exchange, but if necessary we can negotiate other deals.  Please post here or PM me.

Thanks

Sold to the excellent user Projects

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kalm (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:36:14 PM

Currently engaged in a deal with the user Projects.  He has received the gift card, but will not be sending the coins until his items are shipped. Although I do have proof the credit card used was mine he is still under the assumption I could be defrauding him, I guess?

Let me make this clear: I do NOT think Projects is a scammer at this point. I just find his relaxed nature, and wait time very unsettling.

I will keep this updated -- with what I can only assume will be positive results!

Thanks and hope everyone is having a great day,

Kalm

Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:01:42 PM

Currently engaged in a deal with the user Projects.  He has received the gift card, but will not be sending the coins until his items are shipped. Although I do have proof the credit card used was mine he is still under the assumption I could be defrauding him, I guess?

Let me make this clear: I do NOT think Projects is a scammer at this point. I just find his relaxed nature, and wait time very unsettling.

I will keep this updated -- with what I can only assume will be positive results!

Thanks and hope everyone is having a great day,

Kalm

Hi Kalm,
As I stated in my PMs with yourself it is not personal - just taking measures to protect myself due to your relatively new registration date and low post count.
I have nothing but positive transactions on this forum and many many people who can vouch for my honesty.
I will send the BTC the second I get confirmation from Amazon that the goods have been despatched and once again i apologise that you find this unsettling however I did say before we even agreed to conduct the transaction that I would pay once the goods have been shipped.
The order has been placed with Amazon and the esimated despatch date is tomorrow - so hopefully either today or tomorrow I will be able to send your BTC as promised.

Kind Regards,
Projects

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 06:51:40 PM

In the future, I would suggest the use of Escrow.  Grin

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:17:38 PM

In the future, I would suggest the use of Escrow.  Grin

Well, that's not always necessary.  If a seller does not yet have trust but the buyer does the seller might be willing to proceed with the transaction without an escrow as the buyer is the history shows the buyer is very likely to pay or at least likely to be rational and reasonable should any dispute arise.

This might be a problem though:

I did say before we even agreed to conduct the transaction that I would pay once the goods have been shipped.

The Secure Trading article on the Bitcoin wiki addresses this:

Make sure both parties agree to the terms of the trade with signed messages

Get a PGP signed quote, and check the signature.
Send a PGP signed receipt.

This allows either party to go public if the trade has become sour and stops your trading partner from claiming the details of the agreement were somehow different.
- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Secure_Trading#Use_Bitcoin-OTC

In this instance, I'm presuming there was no agreement that was signed.  If there had been, the seller probably would not have implied that the buyer wasn't following the agreement, and the buyer would have had proof, signed by the seller, that the agreement most definitely allowed the buyer to withhold payment until the order from Amazon has shipped.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Projects

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:33:20 PM

Honestly I do not think the seller is implying I am not following the agreement as this is part of a pm he sent to me:

"You are right though post count wise I am relatively new, but I have been registered for a while, and you did say you would be waiting until the items shipped."

I think he is just more anxious about having to wait - which I understand however I was clear before we agreed the transaction and he did seem to realise this as quoted above.

Providing Amazon despatch the goods I will make the payment swiftly and in full to the BTC address the seller has provided - I just had to take these measures because of the reasons I said - I did not want the gc to be fraudulent and Amazon not despatch the goods I lose the BTC.

I have done many transactions on this forum and never had a single problem - transactions amounting to thousands of dollars.

There will not be an issue from me provided there is no issue with the seller - which I do not believe there will be, but better safe than sorry.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
austin

Activity: 584

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:06:16 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 08:00:20 AM by austin

I can vouch for Projects. I've sold to him before and everything went well.
Kalm (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:36:33 PM

It's fine.  Projects said Amazon stated a 24 hour turnaround shipping time and I am an Amazon freak so it will ship within 24 hours -- which is within the next 2-3 hours.  Like I said I have documentation the credit card I used was mine which is what causes this entire situation to be a headache. I can understand being weary of someone with a low post count and not being willing to be as transparent as I have been.  So, we will see here in the next 3 hours if I get my coins.

I still have never implied anything negative concerning the user Projects. Actually s/he came back into the thread and felt the need to copy and paste a private message of ours in order to what seems defend himself.  Let it be known this user has not done anything wrong as of yet.  S/he just needs to realize not everyone in the world is a scammer and when a credit card, amazon statement, and drivers license all match-up fraud is a lot less inevitable.

Either way! No big deal as of yet.

I will update this thread once I receive the $180 worth of coins.

Thanks and Happy Halloween!

Kalm

Projects

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 12:24:51 PM

Goods were shipped from Amazon this morning so I have sent the BTC as requested.

Mtgox Average = 11.08547 so $180 / 11.08547 = 16.23874564711401

Transaction ID: 116afc8ae34b78a34affc99a09057aa6c04e2ddb1ed170d9e07f1aaacb039217

Once again I am sorry for the frustration you felt with the delay but I hope you understand why I had to do this.

Kind Regards,
Projects

Kalm (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Everything went fine. As I told Projects in a private conversation this was nothing personal. We were both simply looking out for our best interests on a message board that has sadly become infested with scammers.  Now that I know Projects is a stand-up individual & and that he lives in the country I've done close to 30 hours of undergraduate research on Wink I would encourage everyone to work with him if they have the chance.  He stands by his word, communicates quickly and clearly, and is extremely patient.

Thanks again Projects!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: