Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can facebook adapt bitcoin?  (Read 1302 times)
aurora (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:08:20 PM

You know, for payments user to user or to buy credits. Can somebody talk to Mark?  Roll Eyes
He is creative he'll understand

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:09:29 PM

You know, for payments user to user or to buy credits. Can somebody talk to Mark?  Roll Eyes
Sorry, but i associate creative with intelligent.

Thinking ZuckGuy as intelligent just make me ROTFL.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:41:23 PM

I don't use Facebook and I don't think I ever will. Doesn't Facebook create their on 'currency' called Facebook Credits or something like that? So why would Facebook want to dilute their own 'currency'? It would be like shooting them self in the foot. Bitcoin is great but it wont be used everywhere. I think that one reason so many people like Bitcion is because the can mine/create/mint their own money. Facebook is creating their own money in their own way. Here is an interesting question to me: Which is worth more in US dollars in it's entirety, Bitcoins or Facebook Credits?

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:46:36 PM

You can already use blockchain.info's wallet to send bitcoins to your Facebook friends.

BladeMcCool

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:05:24 PM

you can post a facebook status like

"Hai friends I need some money pls send fundz to [bitcoin address]"

no facebook support required.
phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:25:50 PM

no facebook support required.
well, there are those overhyped fb games which require fb credits, right?
i don't know if there is a barrier to accept other payments, but i think so. someone could investigate this more deeply and then we can continue this thread with more substantial information.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:42:47 PM

Sorry, but i associate creative with intelligent.

Thinking ZuckGuy as intelligent just make me ROTFL.

One don't usually become a self made multi-billionaire without being intelligent.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:59:53 PM

Facebook is wholly evil, cult of the celebrity trash, they make all their money data mining. Zuckguy's whole career was started by stealing girls photos at school

Didn't they already invent their own site currency 'facebook credits'?
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 12:15:22 AM

Facebook beat analysts earnings projections and had a 10% bump in the after markets... If only they would integrate bitcoin, the possibilities could be endless!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
matmar10

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 01:02:23 AM

Facebook is moving away from Facebook credits: http://www.develop-online.net/news/41159/Facebook-drops-credits-adds-subscriptions

"The elimination of Facebook Credits means customers will be able to purchase any virtual cash or subscriptions directly with their local currency, eliminating a barrier some developers claimed was hurting their bottom line."
joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 01:53:35 AM

Facebook is moving away from Facebook credits: http://www.develop-online.net/news/41159/Facebook-drops-credits-adds-subscriptions

"The elimination of Facebook Credits means customers will be able to purchase any virtual cash or subscriptions directly with their local currency, eliminating a barrier some developers claimed was hurting their bottom line."

That clearly states that they will be adopting Bitcoin, since the local currency of the internetz is bitcoin, no? Would also take out the barrier of some developer's bottom, no?

++jp

matmar10

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 07:16:01 AM

That clearly states that they will be adopting Bitcoin, since the local currency of the internetz is bitcoin, no? Would also take out the barrier of some developer's bottom, no?

++jp

It certainly opens the door for it. Most of the game developers have their own virtual currencies, so the main difference is that users won't have to convert from Facebook Credits into Zinga coins, etc... they'll just buy Zinga coins directly.

Interesting anecdote: since there is no "cash out" or peer-to-peer capability of Facebook Credits, people resort to intentionally losing poker games to transfer credits to one another.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:45:45 AM

ur all forgetting one thing guys. bitcoins bad rep. silk road, fake ID blackmarkets, firearms sales.

real world merchants don't want to touch bitcoin with a barge poll. i myself am concentrating on getting litecoin adopted.

i have found more interest, less negative feedback and less head banging trying to explain litecoin by simply advertising litecoin as the clean version of bitcoin.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:22:55 AM

ur all forgetting one thing guys. bitcoins bad rep. silk road, fake ID blackmarkets, firearms sales.

real world merchants don't want to touch bitcoin with a barge poll. i myself am concentrating on getting litecoin adopted.

i have found more interest, less negative feedback and less head banging trying to explain litecoin by simply advertising litecoin as the clean version of bitcoin.

What are you on about? I use Litecoin for my human trafficking business  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: