Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:20:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-10-21 Warren Mosler about Bitcoin  (Read 5487 times)
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 1202

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:41:02 PM

The most famose economist of the world, Warren Mosler, the father of the MMT (modern money theory) answer at a question about utility of cryptocurrency bitcoin system, at the economic summit -"NON ERAVAMO I PIIGS, TORNEREMO ITALIA" in Rimini -ITALY- 20/21-10-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NePQAODv0

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:48:17 PM

Its amazing how someone so "famous" can be so utterly ignorant and downright stupid. Simply stunning.
I would not pay that guy the price of his pocket book to hear his advice.
In 10 years this will be gold Cheesy

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:59:17 PM

The ignorance and stupidity of that guy is abysmal.

Or maybe he's just doing his job.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:17:35 PM

Never expect a man to understand what him getting his paycheck depends on him not understanding..

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:22:21 PM

damn, any way to mute the translator?
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:55:38 PM

damn, any way to mute the translator?

Use headphones.  Original on the right ear.  Translation on the left ear.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:03:04 PM

I'll do it, I'll volunteer to hold these 'worthless' credits on my computer. Eat that Mosler.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

Oh that was in Italy. Didn't even know that. Meh, in Italy and guess what? Tons of idiocies.

Oh and "NON ERAVAMO I PIIGS, TORNEREMO ITALIA" means "We weren't PIIGS, we will be again Italy"

beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:25:50 PM

Its amazing how someone so "famous" can be so utterly ignorant and downright stupid. Simply stunning.
I would not pay that guy the price of his pocket book to hear his advice.
In 10 years this will be gold Cheesy

The ignorance and stupidity of that guy is abysmal.
Or maybe he's just doing his job.

He's an expert in Charlatanism, I mean, Chartalism.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 09:44:57 AM

This Warren seems stupid.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:37:47 PM

I'll do it, I'll volunteer to hold these 'worthless' credits on my computer. Eat that Mosler.

+1

Oh wait! I can't! Mine worth about 11.60$ each...

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:49:04 PM

I'll buy it for 11.61$!

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:59:31 PM

Oh that was in Italy. Didn't even know that. Meh, in Italy and guess what? Tons of idiocies.
Maybe when his economic predictions are wrong, they'll throw him in jailRoll Eyes
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:12:34 PM

Maybe when his economic predictions are wrong, they'll throw him in jailRoll Eyes

His economic predictions weren't wrong, the politicians just didn't do enough of what he prescribed, that's all!

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:58:58 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2012, 12:09:41 AM by marcus_of_augustus

He's a theorist .... not a practitioner.

So far his theories don't look all that 'famous'. But if people feel like giving him their 'real' money to speak, let him have it.

AsymmetricInformation

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

Woah woah don't freak out everyone...jeeze anyone who raises concerns about our project is insta-shunned, its madness I say.

He is actually just restating the Mises Regression Theorem (we all love Mises, right?)....the 'seed value' Mosler is looking for (ie the "final demand" or "the thing that you can only buy with BTC and nothing else"), exists in several places, namely low-cost/instant international payments, unfreezable accounts, inflation-proof, etc.

So the final demand would be for like a hypothetical "Bitcoin Co. International Payment Service Coupon" or whatever that is (somewhat confusingly) supplied BY Bitcoin (the software) and can ONLY be paid for with Bitcoin (the currency). He was even humble enough to say "which I've been unable to identify"...ie he would change his mind if he DID identify it.

I happen to think Mosler and his MMT are completely ridiculous, but the ridiculousness isn't expressed in the excerpt given here.

imho

Support Decentralized Bitcoin Prediction Markets: 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8
https://github.com/psztorc/Truthcoin
oseido

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:08:41 AM

Hi bitcoin world community.

Mi name is Giancarlo Algieri, and i'm the man that in the video do the question about bitcoin. I'm an Italian mmt activist from the democraziaMMT italian movement. I think that Warren Mosler is a great man and a big mind. It have made the modern money theory and this economic school is the last way for my country to exit from the economic abyss rappresented from EuroZone. In italy the situation is very bad. No Monetary Sovereignty (rappresented from the euro currency) have made : no work, no right, no hope...and economy is close to collapsing. Argentina in the 2002 was desperated, and mmt have do a miracle. The umkc university have do a great work, and in italy, The Journalist "Paolo Barnard" have write a paper that explain modern money theory to my people, and have organize in italy 2 of the most big economic summit of the world in february and october 2012 (1200 people cad)

So...if Mosler have not study bitcoin and hi's answer is no good, please , remember first that hi is and remain one great economist .

Tnx

Giancarlo Algieri, MMT activist.
Economic Summit -"NON ERAVAMO I PIIGS, TORNEREMO ITALIA" - Rimini -ITALY - 20/21-10-2012
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:30:18 PM

Hello Giancarlo,
Mosler wants a kind of money to be printable as much as he wish, so he will always dismiss and despise Bitcoin as it's his worst nightmare.

Bitcoin is a technology born with the express intent to crush movements like MMT, which aims to bring the economy to Zimbabwe style :-)

(Mugabe is applying MMT theory... you judge his success)

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 07:51:20 PM

Hi bitcoin world community.

Mi name is Giancarlo Algieri, and i'm the man that in the video do the question about bitcoin. I'm an Italian mmt activist from the democraziaMMT italian movement. I think that Warren Mosler is a great man and a big mind. It have made the modern money theory and this economic school is the last way for my country to exit from the economic abyss rappresented from EuroZone. In italy the situation is very bad. No Monetary Sovereignty (rappresented from the euro currency) have made : no work, no right, no hope...and economy is close to collapsing. Argentina in the 2002 was desperated, and mmt have do a miracle. The umkc university have do a great work, and in italy, The Journalist "Paolo Barnard" have write a paper that explain modern money theory to my people, and have organize in italy 2 of the most big economic summit of the world in february and october 2012 (1200 people cad)

So...if Mosler have not study bitcoin and hi's answer is no good, please , remember first that hi is and remain one great economist .

Tnx

Giancarlo Algieri, MMT activist.
Economic Summit -"NON ERAVAMO I PIIGS, TORNEREMO ITALIA" - Rimini -ITALY - 20/21-10-2012

Thanks for asking Mosler that question, his shallow and dismissive answer was enlightening.

Have you considered the concept of free market money for saving Italy? Any small province in Italy could begin with trading with their own currencies for example., irrespective of what the ECB dictates.

The monopolistic nature of the modern money is what creates the massive market distortions, under/over supply, instability and etc.

http://monetaryfreedom.org/ (click on the "Resources" link to read more)

Good luck.

oseido

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 10:08:51 AM

I think that there is a lot of confusion about the MMT economy theory.
“Modern Money Theory” or “The Kansas City Approach,” builds on the work of Abba P. Lerner, John Maynard Keynes, Hyman P. Minsky, Wynne Godley and other important figures of the past.
My opinion is that "Modern Money Theory" is the only way to retake the monetary sovereignty lost with the ECB system. ECB have imposed a not-sovereign currency (euro) to all state member of EU; and the possibility to strike coin  to belong to only from the European Central Bank (arbitrarily) , and not when a state ask it. But the true problem is that European Central Bank arbitrally decide to who "lend" money. This is a nightmare for the european member state. A state without the possibility to createand (not lend!) money for spend and taxes the people whit your fiat money, isn't a sovereign state. Italy is not more a sovereign state, since it entered in the European Money System. I suggest to all people to read the official website of University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) http://cas.umkc.edu/ and the blog where all most important mmt theorist whriting http://neweconomicperspectives.org/p/about.html

Sorry for my bad english.

Giancarlo Algieri
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: