Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:19:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukraine's National Bank Issues Bitcoin Warning  (Read 1030 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:34:41 PM

Ukraine's National Bank has warned against the associated risks that come with digital currencies such as bitcoin.

A statement from the bank dated 1st October, first reported by Ukrainian news site Finance.ua, said it should not be held liable for any losses incurred by consumers using digital currencies to settle transactions.

Instead, it urged banks, consumers and payment organisations to use approved payment systems that guarantee consumer protection
(of course  Roll Eyes )

Full article : http://www.coindesk.com/ukraines-national-bank-issues-bitcoin-warning/

Ukraine, Russie, China and alike "closed" countries hate Bitcoin because it's decentralized currency, they can't control it , and because its anonymity, so they try each period even to don't allow Bitcoin and mark it as "illegal" , or they just send from time to time such warnings

That's right, the government is feel like lose their tummy when they can't control the money.

Well as far as i can see, Russia gov is have a plan to create their own cryptocurrency, based on blockchain technology and China people is have a plan to make a "proposal" to the gov for consider about bitcoin use.

We already know as time goes on Governments will fight BTC more and more intensively. They already are behind the scenes and i'm not particularly surprised that a country such a Ukraine jump on the bandwagon sooner than most.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:13:37 PM

Ukraine's National Bank has warned against the associated risks that come with digital currencies such as bitcoin.

A statement from the bank dated 1st October, first reported by Ukrainian news site Finance.ua, said it should not be held liable for any losses incurred by consumers using digital currencies to settle transactions.

Instead, it urged banks, consumers and payment organisations to use approved payment systems that guarantee consumer protection
(of course  Roll Eyes )

Full article : http://www.coindesk.com/ukraines-national-bank-issues-bitcoin-warning/

Ukraine, Russie, China and alike "closed" countries hate Bitcoin because it's decentralized currency, they can't control it , and because its anonymity, so they try each period even to don't allow Bitcoin and mark it as "illegal" , or they just send from time to time such warnings

That's right, the government is feel like lose their tummy when they can't control the money.

Well as far as i can see, Russia gov is have a plan to create their own cryptocurrency, based on blockchain technology and China people is have a plan to make a "proposal" to the gov for consider about bitcoin use.

We already know as time goes on Governments will fight BTC more and more intensively. They already are behind the scenes and i'm not particularly surprised that a country such a Ukraine jump on the bandwagon sooner than most.

Well they haven't done more than all of the other countries. They have just issued a warning in dealing with cryptocurrency. That Bitcoin is volatile and that people can lose money much easier than with the traditional financial instruments.

To give them a benefit of the doubt, you can lose your money easier with Bitcoin if you don't know what you are doing.

So I don't think that any government has taken a clear decision to fight us yet. I hope they will not in the future either.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

(of course  Roll Eyes )

Well they haven't done more than all of the other countries. They have just issued a warning in dealing with cryptocurrency. That Bitcoin is volatile and that people can lose money much easier than with the traditional financial instruments.

To give them a benefit of the doubt, you can lose your money easier with Bitcoin if you don't know what you are doing.

So I don't think that any government has taken a clear decision to fight us yet. I hope they will not in the future either.

Instead of teaching them how to properly use BTC they are teaching their citizens to fear it. It seem to me that they decided to fight Bitcoin with FUD, which is pretty typical of governments. So i would not be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:23:31 PM

(of course  Roll Eyes )

Instead of teaching them how to properly use BTC they are teaching their citizens to fear it. It seem to me that they decided to fight Bitcoin with FUD, which is pretty typical of governments. So i would not be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

My friend, as long as governments don't ban us, we should be happy! We need to think like this literally! Everything else we will work out, it will just take some time! You'll see!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:29:07 PM

(of course  Roll Eyes )

My friend, as long as governments don't ban us, we should be happy! We need to think like this literally! Everything else we will work out, it will just take some time! You'll see!

The governments if they get a good reason to attack BTC, could effectively destroy BTC if they wanted. FUD and banning/making it illegal will probably be the least of our worries if they come up with a direct attack.

If BTC become mainstream and easy to use for everyone, seeing the benefits of us and the penalties for the governments, direct attacks may become the truth.

If they stay ambivalent toward Bitcoin like this forever, then sure we'll be fine.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀