Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-10-05] Gemini bitcoin exchange, a first look  (Read 705 times)
BitcoinXio (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:02:21 PM

The long awaited launch of the Gemini bitcoin exchange has finally come to an end, as the exchange has gone live this morning sending out early access invites to select users to test out the exchange before their global launch on Thursday October 8th, 2015. BitcoinX was able to get early access and review the exchange, and here are some first thoughts on it.
Continue Reading: http://bitcoinx.io/news/articles/gemini-bitcoin-exchange-a-first-look/

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:16:33 PM

finally. hopefully the ETF will start sooonish too  Wink

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/10/05/bitbeat-winklevoss-twins-gemini-exchange-gets-trust-license/

BitcoinXio (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 02:24:23 AM

I hope so too! They aren't allowed to talk about it, so nobody knows what's going on but I have a feeling it's close now that Gemini launched.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:35:21 AM

I hope so too! They aren't allowed to talk about it, so nobody knows what's going on but I have a feeling it's close now that Gemini launched.

Yeah would be great when the ETF could be launched this year already. But I'm not sure if they can make it.Furthermore I believe we shouldn't expect too much of it, especially in the beginning.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:37:11 AM

The ETF is what I am still waiting on as well
That said a working exchange means stuff is getting done, once its linked to Gemini and the exchange gets some reputation hopefully we will see some larger capital movements into Bitcoin.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:50:22 AM

Yeah would be great when the ETF could be launched this year already. But I'm not sure if they can make it.Furthermore I believe we shouldn't expect too much of it, especially in the beginning.

On the other hand, just one week ago people were saying that Gemini would probably not be opened until mid 2016.

When momentum is gained, stuff can go pretty fast in crypto land. And the twins have more than enough incentive to make bitcoin work.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:37:39 PM

I think Gemini is a key element in the ETF application. If you have a flick through the original one which I guess was 2013 or so, the list of exchanges and their 'merits' would've had it thrown in the bin. That being the case they may need to reapply which is going to take more time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: