Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My order  (Read 2841 times)
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:41:36 PM

So I finally placed an order with Butterfly labs. My order number was almost 12k.
#1 Twelve thousand? Really?
#2 I'm not going to see any hardware for like 6 months am I?
#3 Even when I do get my hardware it won't be worth shit if 12k other people placed orders for this crap.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:46:21 PM

at least half of the order numbers were never paid for

depends who you believe, some say we have all been had and no one will ever get anything...BFL says they are ramped up this tome and are going to be slamming out product at lightspeed

you pays your monies and you takes your chances

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
hotdealdave

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:50:45 PM

The order number sequence contains incomplete orders, so there are not actually 12k completed orders ahead of you. On the other hand some of the orders are for multiple pieces... Still, somehow I think you're being a little pessimistic guessing it'll take till summer. January? Probably February at the latest I'd guess.
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 11:51:42 PM

Quantis, the order number isn't a good representation of the number of units.  As previously mentioned, there are a high percentage of orders placed that aren't completed through payment.  Sometimes customers will fill out the order form as many as six times as they change their mind and then pay for the one they finally decide on.

Furthermore, we've made tremendous investments in being able to ship in volume once we begin.  Orders placed now are slated for January delivery.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:06:39 AM

Sometimes customers will fill out the order form as many as six times as they change their mind and then pay for the one they finally decide on

Well that is good news. Maybe you guys could add a ticker to the website "now filling order 8532" "now filling order 8533" lol

I Think you guys will get a whole new wave of orders as soon as you start to ship.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
BFL

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 12:23:22 AM

Sometimes customers will fill out the order form as many as six times as they change their mind and then pay for the one they finally decide on

Well that is good news. Maybe you guys could add a ticker to the website "now filling order 8532" "now filling order 8533" lol

I Think you guys will get a whole new wave of orders as soon as you start to ship.

Actually, we have a daily blog from customer service that gives exactly these updates as product ships out the door.    

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blog.php

Keep in mind there's a lot of froth and heresay in the forums about BFL, but I think you'll find that our customer service is excellent after having properly staffed up over the last 12 months.  We have a large team focused on serving our customers.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:37:52 AM

They have a 1/3 rule thing going last time I been on their forum.

Yes I bought a single SC and a Jalla too
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:41:52 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2012, 02:06:41 AM by Bogart

Here is a thread devoted to tracking the BFL ASIC orders:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

Another ASIC vendor said in his product thread that about 50% of the orders received are invalid in some way.  I would assume the proportion is about the same for BFL.

For myself, I only found out about these ASIC developments around mid-September, and considered myself to already have missed the boat on ordering from BFL.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 01:41:19 AM

The 1/3 rule for shipping only applies to orders placed in the first month. They said that after that, they would ship orders normally, as they do now: by order number.

Keep in mind there's a lot of froth and heresay in the forums about BFL, but I think you'll find that our customer service is excellent after having properly staffed up over the last 12 months.  We have a large team focused on serving our customers.
+1 I sometime have to wait a day or two to initially respond if they're busy, but they always respond quickly after that, and have helped me out plenty of times.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:10:07 AM

The 1/3 rule for shipping only applies to orders placed in the first month. They said that after that, they would ship orders normally, as they do now: by order number.

Keep in mind there's a lot of froth and heresay in the forums about BFL, but I think you'll find that our customer service is excellent after having properly staffed up over the last 12 months.  We have a large team focused on serving our customers.
+1 I sometime have to wait a day or two to initially respond if they're busy, but they always respond quickly after that, and have helped me out plenty of times.
I hope I get a response too. So far I am on day 3 of waiting for them to get back to me on my email.
BFL

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 02:12:02 AM

I hope I get a response too. So far I am on day 3 of waiting for them to get back to me on my email.

I believe your email was a complaint about Inaba (please excuse me if I am wrong).  We are addressing customer concerns in first priority. 

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:14:02 AM

I believe your email was a complaint about Inaba (please excuse me if I am wrong).  We are addressing customer concerns in first priority. 
Thanks for the quick reply. Let me know when this email gets a slot for a reply.
MooC Tals

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 03:00:21 AM

I have been reading both forums the Official BFL forum and this one and I have to this point and time still have no Idea on the time it takes to deliver these.

I left a post there that asked a simple question of what is more likely to be more true as a delivery expectation.....

a) 1 month
b) 3 months
c) 6 months
d) 1 year

I'm hoping to get a better estimation. if you suspect it close to one month and it might be 2 months then choose b) if its closer to 4 months then choose c) if its d) I will be asking for my money back
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 03:06:43 AM

I have been reading both forums the Official BFL forum and this one and I have to this point and time still have no Idea on the time it takes to deliver these.

Actually, we have a daily blog from customer service that gives exactly these updates as product ships out the door.    

A glance at the blog shows that they are now shipping orders that were placed in September for the FPGA products.  These are the products were supposed to begin shipping around this time last year, and actually began shipping in March 2012 I believe.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 03:37:10 AM

Yes - without numbers. The question was:

MooC Tals

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 03:41:05 AM

A glance at the blog shows that they are now shipping orders that were placed in September for the FPGA products.  These are the products were supposed to begin shipping around this time last year, and actually began shipping in March 2012 I believe.

So my order placed in Sept will be at my door about March -April of 2013?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:07:46 AM

A glance at the blog shows that they are now shipping orders that were placed in September for the FPGA products.  These are the products were supposed to begin shipping around this time last year, and actually began shipping in March 2012 I believe.

So my order placed in Sept will be at my door about March -April of 2013?

You MAY have it by Jan 2013,if they get the production line setup  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:58:56 AM

Orders placed now are slated for January delivery.

Doesn't this answer the OP's question sufficiently?

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 06:41:23 AM

So I finally placed an order with Butterfly labs. My order number was almost 12k.
#3 Even when I do get my hardware it won't be worth shit if 12k other people placed orders for this crap.

I've stopped ordering from BFL. They have too many orders to fulfil now.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:23:35 PM

I've stopped ordering from BFL. They have too many orders to fulfil now.
Then who are you ordering from? BFL just said today's orders will be expected to ship by January. Cablepair is has also started accepting pre-orders for his second batch, which is expected to ship in January. I take both of these to mean the end of January, just to play it safe. Where can you purchase an ASIC now that will be delivered before then?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: