Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:21:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 1 BTC for BofA deposit  (Read 427 times)
subwoofer12 (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:21:26 AM

Selling 1 BTC

Rate:

Bitfinex + 8%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
getmoremonline

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:37:43 PM

I know a guy who is interested but he uses a different bank and it takes 24-48 hours for you the funds to appear. do you want me to put you in contact with him?

subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:27:11 PM

I know a guy who is interested but he uses a different bank and it takes 24-48 hours for you the funds to appear. do you want me to put you in contact with him?

Sure.

Also you don't need an account at BofA to make a deposit. I sold the 1 coin I had up for sale but I'll have more tomorrow.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:58:34 PM

Sure.

Also you don't need an account at BofA to make a deposit. I sold the 1 coin I had up for sale but I'll have more tomorrow.
Just as an FYI, anything that "takes 1-2 days to appear" is most likely some kind of reversible payment (I would say most likely an ACH transfer, but it could be something else as well).

It is most likely going to be in your best interest to only accept cash deposits into your bank account, as anything else can cause you a lot of problems, not to mention bank fees.

If you are willing to sell at below the market rate then I would probably be interested in buying from you depending on how flexible you are with your rate. 
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:15:34 PM

If you are willing to sell at below the market rate then I would probably be interested in buying from you depending on how flexible you are with your rate. 

I'm unable to sell under the market rate. Thanks for offering though

Just as an FYI, anything that "takes 1-2 days to appear" is most likely some kind of reversible payment (I would say most likely an ACH transfer, but it could be something else as well).

It is most likely going to be in your best interest to only accept cash deposits into your bank account, as anything else can cause you a lot of problems, not to mention bank fees.

Yeah, I agree. I was just saying he could put his friend in contact with me. I'm only willing to trade with people for cash deposits directly into my account.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:58:09 PM

I'm unable to sell under the market rate. Thanks for offering though

Yeah, I agree. I was just saying he could put his friend in contact with me. I'm only willing to trade with people for cash deposits directly into my account.

Just a heads up, watch out from those trying to deposit checks that will bounce later. Double check that it's a CASH DEPOSIT. I also recommend checking with your bank to make sure they can't just walk right back into the bank and get the cash back after you release BTC. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=961428.0 for a little more info.
subwoofer12 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:17:19 AM

Just a heads up, watch out from those trying to deposit checks that will bounce later. Double check that it's a CASH DEPOSIT.

I wasn't sure how to tell at first but I e-mailed BitQuick and they explained to me how to tell the difference.

I also recommend checking with your bank to make sure they can't just walk right back into the bank and get the cash back after you release BTC.

I believe that's against their policy at BofA. But sometimes the tellers still allow it to happen.

Quote from: evolvdone
The user Hakim619 on LBC bought $4500 worth of bitcoins from me. He went to a Bank of America branch and deposited the cash. He sent me a copy of the receipt and I then checked online to confirm. Everything seemed to be in order so I went ahead and released the coins. Shortly after I released the coins Hakim619 asked the teller for the money back and he got it.

I went in to a local Bank of America branch this morning and put $100 cash into my account using only my checking account number. The tellers did not know who I was and didn't ask for any other information. Later in the afternoon I went back to the branch to try to see if I could reverse the cash deposit. I went to a different teller this time and asked for the $100 that I deposited back. I gave them the receipt and told them I think I put it in a wrong account. No questions were asked and the teller started to process my request. In a few minutes I had the $100 and the teller kept the deposit receipt.

At this point I asked to speak with the branch manager. I explained what I just did and the manager was very surprised that the teller did that. I was told that the teller shouldn't have done that. I then went on to explain how the same thing was just pulled on me and I lost $4500 because of it. She was very took back about what I said and right away started to help me get my funds back.

The first policy that she looked up was very vague on whether or not a cash deposit reversal was allowed by a non-account holder. She thought that was odd since everything dealing with money handling is very explicit. She then spent the next two hours calling case workers, fraud handlers, branch managers, and regional managers. At some point around the two hour mark while the branch manager was on hold she decided to look up policy in a different spot. In about 30 minutes she was able to find a section that describes exactly what the teller is supposed to do when dealing with cash deposits.

There is a line in that section that states that after the cash has been added to the account holders account it can not be taken out with out permission from the account holder. BINGO! We now have written policy that states that the teller was not supposed to do this.

It is now about 4pm and this bank manager is calling people like crazy to try to get my money back. At one point she has three lines open with people on hold that are dealing with my case.

At about 5:45pm she says it would probably be best for me to head home and she will keep working on it. At this point I feel good about getting my money back but i'm still worried it might not happen. At 6:30pm I get a call from her saying that the full amount has been deposited into my account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: