Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people dump their Bitcoins ?  (Read 9758 times)
sarjilcse

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:01:25 PM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .

The most important thing in digital currency like BTC is their marketplace.
If bitcoin accepted in global market, and specially on many online businesses. The bitcoin price can going up again.
But it is (for some people) their right to dump bitcoin. Because in fact bitcoin price is drop from $1,200 (Jan 2014) until today still at $381.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:03:51 PM

Some dump when they are in need of money
nerlial

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:07:28 PM

People are being panic. Most people do not have full information to draw the right conclusions. And they sell bitcoin because they follow the crowd.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
jpnl0003

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:06:35 PM

It all balls down to the present situation of the individual, because generally everyone faces challenges and for some individuals most times the only way out is to sell out or dump like you call it. on the other hand the fear of loosing all to fraudsters.
Lagrood

Activity: 728
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:46:02 PM

People, who is not an investor and who does not trade, have an imagination about bitcoin like a rocket i.e. as they think bitcoin have always to show a fast and strong growth but it is a wrong imagination because bitcoin cannot grow always it must also be downward trends, flat and weak upward trends.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:47:30 PM

Most time the choice of dumping bitcoin is personal and at that it hard to say what exactly made them to dump bitcoin, but let me point out a few out of my personal observations. People dump bitcoin and move simply because they don't believe in the future of bitcoin so at that they are always prompt to cash out in other not to lose all.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 09:51:48 PM

Most time the choice of dumping bitcoin is personal and at that it hard to say what exactly made them to dump bitcoin, but let me point out a few out of my personal observations. People dump bitcoin and move simply because they don't believe in the future of bitcoin so at that they are always prompt to cash out in other not to lose all.
I believe you are saying this from your personal experience of what you do on a weekly bases after you get paid from the services you render to the current company you are advertising. But for me, i think people dump their bitcoin because of financial needs which they need to take care off as that is the main purpose of one seeking for more money.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

Lack of maturity is the only reason why people can't sustain themselves during the downfall of the market. As the great investor Warren Buffet says, "Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy", he believes that many investors just follow the market sentiments and take decisions based on the market mood and that's the good opportunity to make money by going against the flow as there is the lowest competition. When newbies sell their investment during a crash, a wise investor is buying it slowly considering the turnaround from the future.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:25:55 PM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .
In my own personal opinion, people dumps and stop using bitcoin because they have troubles in earning bitcoins and they have experienced a lot of scams, that is why we should guide this people who lose hope and don't believe in bitcoin.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:39:11 PM

As I invest my money I only dump my bitcoin because of my emergency needs in my family. But for those other people who dump their bitcoin to earn their profit is because maybe they reached the limit of their patience of waiting to much to make their investments grow much bigger or their investments gets the better amount of profit that they like to get it in their wallet to spend to their needs to themselves.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:49:11 PM

I think some of it may be simply due to people losing interest in Bitcoin. Not everyone gets into Bitcoin equipped with enduring passion, after a while some will naturally gravitate away from it. This is a natural process, nothing wrong with it, Bitcoin is still moving forward.
wireless1889

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:04:35 PM

Because you wanted the profit that's why you invest into bitcoin in the first place and having to lose profit along the way makes you flip out and panic sell turning your backs to bitcoin and not investing anymore. When you shouldn't have done it because it is very normal for bitcoin to have these days where there's just a massive dumping in the price and we can't control it. All we need to do is to wait and it is all gonna be worth it.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:11:22 PM

I think some of it may be simply due to people losing interest in Bitcoin. Not everyone gets into Bitcoin equipped with enduring passion, after a while some will naturally gravitate away from it. This is a natural process, nothing wrong with it, Bitcoin is still moving forward.
People believe FUD with big names like Waffen or Bill Gates.
Also, investors want to dump their money. Scare price will drop again, also what happen with Mt.Gox?

Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:38:27 PM

After they dumps their bitcoin then they hope to buy again with a cheaper price, and this is what makes bitcoin prices are difficult to rise so we must be extra patient to be able to see prices skyrocket like last year.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:45:20 PM

After they dumps their bitcoin then they hope to buy again with a cheaper price, and this is what makes bitcoin prices are difficult to rise so we must be extra patient to be able to see prices skyrocket like last year.
actually the bitcoin price drop was due to some issues that made bitcoin itself a negative target. yes, because of some of these issues, people are panicking, and selling the assets they own, thus making bitcoin prices into dumps.
Anjing Lu

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

The main reason for desperately needing a fiat and can not wait, I'm sure they do not like dumps or sell bitcoins because they are convinced that bitcoin has the potential to skyrocket and can sell at an expensive price.
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:16:41 PM

Because they can't handle the risk well, and eded panic selling.

Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:23:38 PM

As I can observe and based on what I can see, the reason why most people who have Bitcoin tend to dump their holdings at the time when Bitcoin is also experiencing on its dump which maybe practically means that they do it to gain instant money to somehow cut their loss since many people are up into buying Bitcoin at the very affordable price or it is just that they do need to do such thing as selling it for emergency purposes or they do not just see what will be the essence of holding it anymore for good. Which is sad but true that because of the countless and continuous dumps that Bitcoin has experienced for too many times, it is maybe making their hope to fade away to come up into a decision of dropping their Bitcoin by selling it at low price.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:31:25 PM

its just because their are not satisfied to what they have they want a high profit immediately by investing lest money so that's why they dump it and walk away and think its not happening but it is they dump and the price will fallow too so many will grab the chance to invest.
pantheraio

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:25:25 PM

Because they still don't believe in bitcoin or they prefer to work like in a company whose salary is promising. They get rid of bitcoin when bitcoin prices still fall and they think bitcoin is worth nothing. But at this time bitcoin the price is very high in the appeal of the previous year. Hopefully bitcoin will increase from year to year!

Maybe those who throw away the bitcoin at this point have regrets Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: