Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:53:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people dump their Bitcoins ?  (Read 9758 times)
Nidaleee

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:15:43 AM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .

They sell away their coins not knowing its price will rise soon.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:17:48 AM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .

Some people say ignorance is bliss, but others hoard bitcoins.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:22:12 AM

Someone that's been involved in BTC and just don't see a future for it anymore or they are relying on the funds they have stashed away in BTC.
Early adopters might get sick of holding onto their hats since $5/BTC and feel like $1000/BTC might be a good exit point because CPU mining wasn't that hard.
Late adopters might get sick of holding BTC because they bought in at $1000/BTC and they're sick to their stomachs at 80% loss.
You realize that bitcoin was once worth over $1000 for only short time, less than a month? That peak was the best time to sell bitcoins, ever.
I don't think that early adopters who did not sell their coins then would sell it anytime now for ~$250 without valid reason.
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:24:46 AM

Someone that's been involved in BTC and just don't see a future for it anymore or they are relying on the funds they have stashed away in BTC.
Early adopters might get sick of holding onto their hats since $5/BTC and feel like $1000/BTC might be a good exit point because CPU mining wasn't that hard.
Late adopters might get sick of holding BTC because they bought in at $1000/BTC and they're sick to their stomachs at 80% loss.
You realize that bitcoin was once worth over $1000 for only short time, less than a month? That peak was the best time to sell bitcoins, ever.
I don't think that early adopters who did not sell their coins then would sell it anytime now for ~$250 without valid reason.

I do realize this, that's why my text "algorithm" that I outlined supplied multiple reasons Tongue
I'm saying I think all the early adopters who were going to sell-out did so during that period to uninformed investors willing to pay the premium for coins they're now dumping themselves to move onto their next investment.
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:59:54 AM

Maybe they lose hope and got tired of waiting so they think better sell it away to earn money today but they didn't think that the value of it will rise in the future.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

he need money for buy something, maybe he want to buy ferrari or like that
but basically panic sell is the first factor
user64

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:32:26 AM

Maybe they simply need the cash, gor their daily needs and grow tiredog waiting for btc to hit $1000. Not all of us have big patience.I read somewhere a mod got out after msking enough profit, and just want to enjoy their proceed quietly.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:51:47 AM

most sell cuz they need fast cash on some local bitcoin exchange sometimes i do this when i need cash instantly but small amount i what i sell

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 09:20:56 AM

There are different categories of people, some people (like me) use it just as a currency, I buy it, spend it then buy again, the price of it rarely bothers me, since it's pretty stable for sometime now with minor ups and downs.

Then there are people who buy it as an investment and to answer your question, they dump it because maybe they made their profit and will buy again when the price drops or they lost some money and they don't think it's safe to keep on holding them anymore but for whatever reason someone dumps bitcoin it's really up to them what they do with their own money and I say let's not judge them and call them names, time will tell if they were losers or winners.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:53:23 AM

Some people say ignorance is bliss, but others hoard bitcoins.

"Dump" in here maybe stand for "dump bitcoin forever".
And they surely have their own reason to leave bitcoin unrespectly like that.

But there are a lot troops of miners who would hold BTC "almost forever" or at least make BTC as their heritage for their grand child.

BitCentral

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:48:59 PM

Obviously people start to dump their bitcoin because of drops in BTC prices. I almost sell out all my investment on BTC when the price of BTC drop to 173 USD in months ago. But after i make some research and reading on BTC articles. I realize BTC is already on Top most expensive currency compared with other currency USD, EUR, and GBP.

BTC just too fluctuative for now. That the reason why "some" people dump bitcoins.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:23:52 PM

Im that person
I want to earn fast but i dont know how

You will be never able to find a way to earn fast. Simply because this way doesn't exist. Everyone who will tell you otherwise will give you only illusions which will hurt you and will make you to lose your time and maybe even the loss of your money.

The only way to have money is to work hard. Find a work which fit your needs and your capacities and you will have your money. But only after working hard and at the end of the working month.
MomoCoin

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

In my opinion, If you're holding large amounts of BTC its to make more fiat. Holding leaves you vulnerable to its volatility. Better to sit on the sidelines and take profit when the times right. Those who dump and leave forever probably cut their losses in this game and walked away. Couldn't survive.

@MomoCoins
https://twitter.com/MomoCoins
No, I am not a coin.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:43:31 PM

Mostly to cut their losses, especially if these people bought in during the rises and not during the lows. Due to hyping and excitement, most people tend to panic buy, hoping that they will make easy money but what actually happens is that they lose more of it.
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:04:34 PM

Mostly to cut their losses, especially if these people bought in during the rises and not during the lows. Due to hyping and excitement, most people tend to panic buy, hoping that they will make easy money but what actually happens is that they lose more of it.

It is unfortunate that we're seeing stock investors treating bitcoin as such and it's a clear indication that the general public is not ready to grasp the concept that we've been building upon for the past 5 years. People act like lemmings in large groups and investors are no different, but I think it would do bitcoin a real solid to scare away panicky investors and focus on the implementation and improvement of the protocol.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:26:40 PM

There are multiple reasons for which people are selling their bitcoins. few people dumped it because of panic, some people lose patience watching the price of bitcoin drop and they just got panic enough to sell their coins and walk away and thus dropping the price of bitcoins little more. One more reason is loss of trust in bitcoins.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:40:53 PM

personally, I can think of two reasons someone would dump their coins.
1). the person is in dire need of cash and taking a loan would be too expensive so they sell a bit (or all) of their coins.
2). the person sees rumors online about btc crashing or something and they get scared and start selling all their coins, usually this results in a loop effect because if a significant amount of people get convinced by the rumors they crash the price and a lower price means more people get scared and more people sell Embarrassed
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:10:26 PM

There really aren't too many people out there who can park a decent amount of money for long periods of time and forget about it. Hefty bills arrive, life moves on and new expenses pop up, or you might just be fucking sick of waiting for a price rise that you expected to come.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:20:56 AM

Fear is one of the biggest driving emotions and this is no different in the market game. Induce fear into any group of people and they will all fail for it. This is why there is an ongoing agenda of disinfo, even a trojan horse trying to attack Bitcoin from within to cause confusion and have people dumping their coins for cheap fiat. The ones that resist will become rich after the storm.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

usually those who want to get bitcoin at a low price and then sell when there are speculators who do pump. only cycle of a profit ..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: