Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockChain number of wallets from 4M to 4.4M in about 47 days...  (Read 505 times)
zircon (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:25:46 PM

So that is about 10% increase in 47 days. Around 16 August 2015 4M wallets and around 3 October 4.4M wallets.

If you put the curve on exponential it appears fairly flat which I suppose is a good sign - indicating possible future exponential growth.

There are many many variables here (I suppose many people create multiple addresses) but it does appear to be picking up speed which is a good thing.

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:39:15 PM

So that is about 10% increase in 47 days. Around 16 August 2015 4M wallets and around 3 October 4.4M wallets.

If you put the curve on exponential it appears fairly flat which I suppose is a good sign - indicating possible future exponential growth.

There are many many variables here (I suppose many people create multiple addresses) but it does appear to be picking up speed which is a good thing.
Where this number comes from?
Is it the number of unique addresses with non-zero amount?
Or may be this is a number of registered emails on some online wallet like bc.i?
I have several wallets there (no more than 10, but more than one) but do not remember details (no funds on each account)

upd: oups. i see you are talking about bc.i
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:39:58 PM

These are very good news indeed. Adoption is happening and Bitcoin is growing as we speak, no matter what FUDsters and trolls might be saying daily.

Yes, Bitcoin price is in a decline for the last 20 months but it's not all about the price. We are actually having quite a healthy price at the moment, we are not in a bubble anymore, and I see from here that the only way is up!

Good times ahead!
zircon (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:05:04 AM

Properly extrapolated

1- 1.5M = 97 days
1.5 - 2M = 122 days
2 - 2.5M = 97 days
2.5 - 3M = 99 days
3 - 3.5M =  102 days
3.5 - 4M =  76 days
4 - 4.5M = 57 days

This appear to show fairly linear growth up until 3.5M. It is too early to tell but there seems to be a significant uptake which is a good thing. This is in my view of course more important than price.

Some people argue that you can create more than one account. Yes you can.

You can however weigh yourself physically on one scale, and move to another scale and you "weigh" 3 kg less. In this case the accuracy and trueness may be poor, but precision is good, meaning if you actually weigh 75kg, but the other scale consistently weighs you in at 72 kg, then it is still precise, if not accurate.

In the same way this may be a good indicator. Statistically there is an uptick in usage. Yes there are other variables but this may be telling us some good news.

Let's wait and see how many days until 5M, I estimate 45 days.

zircon (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:07:04 AM

Or may be this is a number of registered emails on some online wallet like bc.i?
I have several wallets there (no more than 10, but more than one) but do not remember details (no funds on each account)

yeah point taken. Many people have more than one account. I had 3, all unused now as I switched to another provider though.

Still the uptick may be significant. Let's see what happens to 5M and beyond. I'm most interested in the possible exponential uptick. But like I said we need probably a few months of consistent exponential growth before we can get excited.

SerenaL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:00:25 AM

yeah point taken. Many people have more than one account. I had 3, all unused now as I switched to another provider though.

Still the uptick may be significant. Let's see what happens to 5M and beyond. I'm most interested in the possible exponential uptick. But like I said we need probably a few months of consistent exponential growth before we can get excited.

This is true. I have several accounts and I still continue to make more account here and there. A lot of users are probably like that.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:44:58 PM

This is true. I have several accounts and I still continue to make more account here and there. A lot of users are probably like that.

I would agree, SerenaL, I too have a number of wallets, I try to keep re-use of wallets to a realistic minimum.  Perhaps more wallets might also mean that more people are taking Bitcoin security more seriously.

I also agree with ETFbitcoin, a better measure would be active users than wallets created.  Perhaps even better would be actual net amounts of BTC in transactions, though an active user count would be a great indicator.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: