Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin mineathon for charity  (Read 1057 times)
strideynet (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:46:20 AM

I had this idea to 1. Help people in need and 2. Raise awareness of bitcoin.

We would every year have a week long mineathon. Where you give up your hash power for charity!
We would donate along as the charity lets us have a thank you on their site to the bitcoin miners and a link to a
Bitcoin website. There is two ways this can be done. We create a special pool with no pay per share. Or we get people to direct their miners to the charities login on a good mining pool.

It would be great if the people with a thash setup would donate just 10 minutes of mining time each day it runs! People could just donate if they wanted. I just think it would be nice to raise awareness of the bitcoin.
If people could post charities and which system to mine with it would be great.
This is a bitcoin commitee project. More about the bitcoin committee in the projects section the the forums.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:52:10 AM

I'd rather just mine for myself, take profit taxable, and donate USD... easier for everyone, and I can write it off..

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:54:35 AM

Why don't donate BTC directly? There is already a service for that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.msg627057#msg627057

THX to Phinnaeus Gage aka Bruno

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:06:06 AM

I just liek the Idea of generating a large donation over a week you see. That way charities recognize it.
If it only 30 bucks they have people donating 6000. So in order to get a shiny place in their website or whatever you must donate a large sum.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 06:38:59 AM

I had this idea to 1. Help people in need and 2. Raise awareness of bitcoin.

We would every year have a week long mineathon. Where you give up your hash power for charity!
We would donate along as the charity lets us have a thank you on their site to the bitcoin miners and a link to a
Bitcoin website. There is two ways this can be done. We create a special pool with no pay per share. Or we get people to direct their miners to the charities login on a good mining pool.

It would be great if the people with a thash setup would donate just 10 minutes of mining time each day it runs! People could just donate if they wanted. I just think it would be nice to raise awareness of the bitcoin.
If people could post charities and which system to mine with it would be great.
This is a bitcoin commitee project. More about the bitcoin committee in the projects section the the forums.

I like the idea of using bitcoin mining for benevolence to raise awareness of bitcoin.  You should be able to choose which charities to donate to.  Maybe someone could just start a webpage showing how much bitcoiner's have donated to charity in general.

strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:58:51 PM

Yes
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:17:10 PM

Fair enough. Cause = corruption and no one want wants to help
Cause = Africa's stuck in a deep economic hole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: