Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Cricket betting more profitable  (Read 2008 times)
rickadone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:26:53 PM

I have some knowledge on cricket and current cricket playing teams. I can predict the result of a match. But still I could not make by bets more profitable.
If you have any kind of recommendation or tips or URLs to educate on cricket betting that would be really useful if you share here.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:01:57 PM

I have some knowledge on cricket and current cricket playing teams. I can predict the result of a match. But still I could not make by bets more profitable.
If you have any kind of recommendation or tips or URLs to educate on cricket betting that would be really useful if you share here.

I think to make cricket betting more profitable you should follow the teams, their current form, their batsman and bowlers. You must be aware that which team is more strong and you should be confident to predict the result of the match. I would like to add that in any match the host team has more advantages and favorite because of home ground, crowd support and used to playing condition, so you can have your bet on home team.
eneilwex

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:08:37 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 05:22:51 PM by eneilwex

Simple answer = VALUE! ..... Not just with cricket, but with any other sports bet. Place your bets only when the price represents value. It don't matter how many favourites wins you can predict. If the odds are underpriced, you will never profit.

Always look out for weak Favourites. Remember that fav dont always win, otherwise bookies would be out of business. example of a weak fav, India vrs SA. @ 2.3 starting price. SA was the value bet win or lose.
Millibetting

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:11:26 PM

To make your sports betting more profitable take advantage of bonuses offered by Sports Betting websites.  Also find two sites that offer different odds and try and get an arbitrage going. (make a profit no matter the outcome of the game)

Good Luck with all your gambling!
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:21:42 PM

So basically you want to bet and win most of the time? First you need to understand that this is sport - even if one team is vastly superior that other, something can go wrong, they could make a mistake and lose the the game. So there is no 100%  method of sport betting, so stop aiming at that.
All you can do is educate yourself even more, read more about teams, read more about players and if you know facts you will be having higher chance of winning your bets.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:25:34 PM

I don't understand what do you mean by making the bets more profitable..The team you bet on has the odds and you will get that odds when you bet so if you want to make the bets more profitable then all i can say is choose 5-6 matches you are sure of you can win and add them to parley and you will be surprised to see the new high odds but remember all the matches have to be won to win the bet Tongue
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:05:12 PM

I don't bet on cricket but on football and tennis, but the same concept applies I believe. To try to make a better profit, you have to make your predictions more accurate. This could be done when you are more familiar with the teams and players, and when you closely monitor their recent forms, morale, weather and location of the stadium etc. Also, different bookies offer different odds and different bonus, and you should compare them before making your bets and go with the best option.

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:14:04 PM

Cricket is the game where you can make profit even before the finish of the game.Most of the time should use arbitrage which almost in 90% matches works.Sometimes it is better to see the 1st innings and live betting works very good as well is more profitable.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:26:45 PM

I think cricket is a very good game to bet, I have one friend that is an expert in this kind of sport and he always get good odds in the matches.
bytezero

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:29:15 PM

i was thinking to start betting on cricket, is a  sport i cant stay tunned, but i am interesting on it, some tips? I'd like to learn about cricket. Anyway do you commend on bet?
tradoz

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:33:35 PM

First of all you have some knowledge about playing ability and live betting is good choice for betting on cricket matches especially for t20 and odi matches in this way you can get some profit from cricket matches.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 02:13:42 AM

If you're so sure of your ability that you can predict the outcome of the game then only thing you need to do is start putting bigger bets, even if odds are low you can make good money by putting huge bets, that's all you can do really. Also, on almost all matches you'll see different bets, such as.. Top Player, First Dismissal, Most Sixes etc. And odds on those bets are usually better than the match odds so if you can predict those too put some money there.

There's also LIVE betting, which is done while the match is going on and sometimes you can catch great odds as they go up and down depending on the situation of the game, so maybe give that a shot but be ready as the window to put in the bets is quite small. Here DirectBet suggests how to take advantage of live betting by putting the bets in advance and confirming them when you see an opportunity.

But that's all, sports betting is as simple as it gets, predict the side which is going to win and put money on it, the larger the bet, the bigger the profit.

futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:49:36 AM

i was thinking to start betting on cricket, is a  sport i cant stay tunned, but i am interesting on it, some tips? I'd like to learn about cricket. Anyway do you commend on bet?

According to me if you know cricket game and team strengths it is easy to guess but only some times results may go wrong because of some unexpected performance from other teams.

There is one thread already in this forum there many members are writing there review during matches and you can follow them to understand - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1135451.0

I usually bet only on cricket and so for my success rate is around 80% but I don't bet on each and every match. Only selected matches.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:13:03 AM

Cricket is the game where you can make profit even before the finish of the game.Most of the time should use arbitrage which almost in 90% matches works.Sometimes it is better to see the 1st innings and live betting works very good as well is more profitable.

Yes. That's the reason I love cricket betting. Easy predictions based on the players and mostly cricket matches take place between two teams, not a tournaments where many teams participate and team combinations would be more. Cricket betting is easiest way of profitable gambling.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:40:57 PM

You must have enough knowledge about cricket, follow the current series, matches and keep your eyes close on all the developments regarding teams and the players. You should be aware with the current form of the teams, players, their weakness and strengths. You should be able to read the pitch and playing conditions so that you can predict the result in order to book the profit in cricket betting.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:51:27 PM

I mostly prefer live betting to place on cricket match i think ODI and T20 matches has good chances to make some money by betting on it as for me betting on cricket is working nice and near about 80% win chance my bets had till now, i will suggest you use different type of bets during live matches sometime we feel good about total runs score and sometime we are sure toss result than use your knowledge to place bet on cricket matches.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:18:03 PM

I have never bet on cricket, i love soccer and also have some knowledge about soccer. So i am betting till now on soccer only. But recently i have betted for upcoming ODI between pakistan and england.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 08:06:12 PM

which ever sports betting dont sit on one team, try to bet on non favrite and change on both side team betting, in cricket it is very easy that you get both team non favrite , so you can bet on both time non favrite in one match , so like this your loss will get cut and you will be only winning which ever team wins, like this you will be in less profit but not in loss. at the end of the month you will see that you have won a good bankroll.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:21:04 AM

I know nothing about cricket, but all the sports betting talk on this forum misses the most important thing, change your bet size based on how confident you are in the bet.

It makes no sense to bet the same amount on a bet with 1.25 odds and one with 2.5 odds, you should be more confident about the 1.25 bet so you should bet more.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:32:04 AM

I know nothing about cricket, but all the sports betting talk on this forum misses the most important thing, change your bet size based on how confident you are in the bet.

It makes no sense to bet the same amount on a bet with 1.25 odds and one with 2.5 odds, you should be more confident about the 1.25 bet so you should bet more.

It depends... For example I'm almost always plays 10/10. Because I play only matches where I see value.
And if you think there is a value in it - take it max of it! Odds doesn't matter if you see the value. E.g. if you expect an event to occur on 1/4, if you see >1.26 take it at max. If you see 4/1 and find >4.01 odds, take it at max. There is not point because of odds to determinate stake size. Btw 10/10 represents  Kelly sizing for me.   
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: