Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum error - error:{u’message’: u’18 bad-txns-inputs-spent.u’ code’:-26).  (Read 1779 times)
Eskimo (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:27:54 PM

Hi
Since yesterday Electrum has just been 'synchronizing' and when I try to withdraw bitcoins I have gotten this message - error:{u’message’: u’18 bad-txns-inputs-spent.u’ code’:-26). Out of the numerous attempts I've made I've had 4 successful withdrawals adn severals other have been shown as successful on Electrum but when I check the withdrawals they don't show up on blockchain.

http://http://postimg.org/image/yp8o9f0nd/[img] - Image of the error message when I try to withdraw.

I have the seed and password so I can restore on another computer I believe but any help would be greatly appreciated and I can offer a small reward if anyone can help me solve this. Thanks
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:02:11 AM

I cannot say with certainty what happened, as I have never experienced this issue myself, however I suspect that this has to do with some kind of malleability issue.

I would suggest that you wait until your wallet finishes syncing before you try to spend any of your bitcoin. It is possible that the electrum server you are connected to is running slow, (or has other issues), so you can change the server you connect to both by restarting electrum and by going to tools --> network, then deselecting auto-connect and selecting another server to connect to.

Once you have finished syncing, I would recommend that you not send any transactions until you have no 0/unconfirmed transactions associated with your wallet, or if you are using coin control, to not send any transactions that are 0/unconfirmed from the address(es) you are "sending from"
Eskimo (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:58:08 AM

I cannot say with certainty what happened, as I have never experienced this issue myself, however I suspect that this has to do with some kind of malleability issue.

I would suggest that you wait until your wallet finishes syncing before you try to spend any of your bitcoin. It is possible that the electrum server you are connected to is running slow, (or has other issues), so you can change the server you connect to both by restarting electrum and by going to tools --> network, then deselecting auto-connect and selecting another server to connect to.

Once you have finished syncing, I would recommend that you not send any transactions until you have no 0/unconfirmed transactions associated with your wallet, or if you are using coin control, to not send any transactions that are 0/unconfirmed from the address(es) you are "sending from"

Hi
Thanks for your reply, the problem is that electrum has been trying to synchronize for the past 36 hours and I've tried to connect to different severs using the method you suggested but it still doesn't connect and shows as 'synchronizing'. Any suggestions?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:30:26 PM

My electrum has been stuck as "synchronizing" several times, especially recently and most frequently I have been able to clear the issue by simply closing electrum and then opening it back up a few minutes later. The issue started around the time the most recent "stress tests" we're starting so I suspect this was related.

I would suggest that you try restarting electrum, as well as restarting your computer, your router (if possible) and your internet modum (if possible). If none of these work then I would suggest that you create a new electrum wallet to see if electrum will sync with the fresh wallet (electrum will need to connect to electrum servers even if there are no transactions in order to check for transactions on your addresses).
Eskimo (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

My electrum has been stuck as "synchronizing" several times, especially recently and most frequently I have been able to clear the issue by simply closing electrum and then opening it back up a few minutes later. The issue started around the time the most recent "stress tests" we're starting so I suspect this was related.

I would suggest that you try restarting electrum, as well as restarting your computer, your router (if possible) and your internet modum (if possible). If none of these work then I would suggest that you create a new electrum wallet to see if electrum will sync with the fresh wallet (electrum will need to connect to electrum servers even if there are no transactions in order to check for transactions on your addresses).

Hi
I've done as you suggested, restarting the internet, computer and electrum but it is still stuck synchronizing. Any thoughts on what I can do next? Thanks in advance.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:06:26 PM

Were you able to create a new electrum wallet that you could sync?

I am also assuming that the computer you are running electrum on is able to have other programs connect to the Internet.
Eskimo (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

I am also assuming that the computer you are running electrum on is able to have other programs connect to the Internet.

I haven't created a new electrum wallet yet, would I need to use a different computer to do so? And yes the computer does have other programs, chrome etc. Thanks
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:52:59 AM

I haven't created a new electrum wallet yet, would I need to use a different computer to do so? And yes the computer does have other programs, chrome etc. Thanks
To create a new electrum wallet: file --> new/restore --> name you wallet (or use the default, wallet_1) --> okay --> Create new wallet/standard wallet --> okay --> copy/backup your seed --> next --> enter your seed to confirm that you backed it up properly --> next --> create a password if desired --> next --> you should now have a new wallet with no transactions.

I assume that the other programs (chrome, ect.) can connect to the internet without any issues.

If the above works, you can also repeat the above process, and enter your seed to recover your wallet using the above process.
Eskimo (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:39:57 AM

To create a new electrum wallet: file --> new/restore --> name you wallet (or use the default, wallet_1) --> okay --> Create new wallet/standard wallet --> okay --> copy/backup your seed --> next --> enter your seed to confirm that you backed it up properly --> next --> create a password if desired --> next --> you should now have a new wallet with no transactions.

I assume that the other programs (chrome, ect.) can connect to the internet without any issues.

If the above works, you can also repeat the above process, and enter your seed to recover your wallet using the above process.

Hi
I followed those steps and after creating a new wallet with no transactions, I opened the default, wallet_1 I had just created but it just seemed to go back to the way it was. I'm assuming I've followed your instructions correctly and yes all my other internet connect programs are working perfectly. Thanks
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:47:13 AM

What happens when you follow the above steps, but instead of select "Create new wallet" you select "Restore a wallet or import keys" and then enter your seed on the following page?

How many transactions, approximately does your wallet have? Is it a very large amount, or would you rather say it is a more casual amount?

Do you receive any regular payments to any addresses associated with your electrum wallet?

If you are comfortable, you can either post or PM me your xpub key (which can be found by clicking on Wallet --> Master public keys --> coping the key that is displayed). The xpub key will allow anyone who has access to the xpub key to see any transaction associated with your wallet in the past and in the future. However the xpub key does not allow the person in possession of the xpub key to access any of the private keys.
Eskimo (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:31:42 AM

What happens when you follow the above steps, but instead of select "Create new wallet" you select "Restore a wallet or import keys" and then enter your seed on the following page?

How many transactions, approximately does your wallet have? Is it a very large amount, or would you rather say it is a more casual amount?

Do you receive any regular payments to any addresses associated with your electrum wallet?

If you are comfortable, you can either post or PM me your xpub key (which can be found by clicking on Wallet --> Master public keys --> coping the key that is displayed). The xpub key will allow anyone who has access to the xpub key to see any transaction associated with your wallet in the past and in the future. However the xpub key does not allow the person in possession of the xpub key to access any of the private keys.

It worked! Thank you very much. If you p.me a btc address I'ld like to send you a small token of my gratitude. Thanks
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:53:55 AM

It worked! Thank you very much. If you p.me a btc address I'ld like to send you a small token of my gratitude. Thanks
PM sent.

I am glad that you were able to get everything working again Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: