Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 09:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the best place to learn about altcoins?  (Read 622 times)
pilscoop (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:49:13 PM

All around information to understand the market, mining, exchanges, technical stuff, etc
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:58:38 PM

All around information to understand the market, mining, exchanges, technical stuff, etc

I recommend you narrow your focus. There are 1000s of alt coins.

Decide which market niche you are interested in then come back and ask the same question. If you are not sure about which market niche you care about then rethink why you are interested in alt coins.

Most alt coins are copy/paste clones destined to fail. Any coin that is successful long term should have a clear focus, be open source and do something both unique and important.

Focusing on "understanding the market, mining, exchanges and technical stuff" is too broad. Even "technical stuff" is not specific. If you really want guidance tell us more about what you are looking for.

pilscoop (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:16:49 PM

I recommend you narrow your focus. There are 1000s of alt coins.

Decide which market niche you are interested in then come back and ask the same question. If you are not sure about which market niche you care about then rethink why you are interested in alt coins.

Most alt coins are copy/paste clones destined to fail. Any coin that is successful long term should have a clear focus, be open source and do something both unique and important.

Focusing on "understanding the market, mining, exchanges and technical stuff" is too broad. Even "technical stuff" is not specific. If you really want guidance tell us more about what you are looking for.

I'd like to start to understand altcoins so that I can focus on a more specific niche. So at this point some general information would be useful. My main goal is to understand the ecosystem well enough to trade in an exchange.
Thanks
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:34:36 PM

hang out on chat box's on Exchanges.. ask questions and get trading !
the only way your going to learn is by doing it and making mistakes and learning from them.
try not to make decisions because of emotions and be logical.. and above all else be patient.

FUD first & ask questions later™
boolberry

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:50:10 PM

hang out on chat box's on Exchanges.. ask questions and get trading !
the only way your going to learn is by doing it and making mistakes and learning from them.
try not to make decisions because of emotions and be logical.. and above all else be patient.

That is horrible advice!

Exchange chat box's are full of trolls trying to pump coins they own at your expense. Some exchanges call them troll boxes for a reason.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:53:10 PM

I have dished out a LOT of advice to noobs on chat box's and i am not a deceitful "troll"
common sense says you don't buy coins hyped / advertised via people on a chatbox.. that just goes with out saying.

FUD first & ask questions later™
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:27:23 PM

Definitely this board. There is no better source on the web where you can get more and qualified information about a wide range of different alt coin topics. Just visit the board each day, especially the altcoin section, and learn about the new developments.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:41:02 PM

Definitely this board. There is no better source on the web where you can get more and qualified information about a wide range of different alt coin topics. Just visit the board each day, especially the altcoin section, and learn about the new developments.

lol opposite day already??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znNiN0lYAQ

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
boolberry

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:45:08 PM

I have dished out a LOT of advice to noobs on chat box's and i am not a deceitful "troll"
common sense says you don't buy coins hyped / advertised via people on a chatbox.. that just goes with out saying.

I disagree with your recommendation to seek advice in the exchange troll boxes but your advice could have been worse..... You could have told him to join a bobsurplus pump group.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: