Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPEC Chain frozen at Diff of 400  (Read 327 times)
locohammerhead (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:00:45 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 02:10:13 PM by locohammerhead

So I see that my warnings for the SPEC team have gone unfixed and the developers have locked their thread because of legitimate concerns.  So I am debating on renting a ridiculously high hashrate and driving the diff up even high and finally killing SPEC for good.  

Wanted thoughts from the community and possibly the SPEC devs to FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM!  Your network is degrading by the minute and is hugely flawed without another method of finding blocks.

I can't speak to the projects that were promised but never delivered but if it reflects on their abilities as altcoin devs we can probably assume that cryptotrader won't be much better.  So I say we put SPEC out of it's misery and assure no blocks are ever found again.

What say you?

*edit*

Wanted to add something.  I have been mining SPEC since it's announcement but when developers refuse to provide any information that might put the consumers mind at ease, in my opinion it is up the the community to send a message.  By raising the diff to heights no normal ASIC would be able to reach it forces the SPEC team to do one of two things.  Rent hash and spend their own money (unless someone is dumb enough to do it for them) or to provide a fix in a timely manor in order to prevent more damage done to their brand and their chain.

locohammerhead (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:08:52 PM

2.5GH/s set to SPEC.  Current diff is 400 and expecting that to rise more.  Goal is diff of 1-2K if possible.  Also the SPEC nethash is missing over 90% of the actual nethash.  It's not limping along, it's gasping for air. 

locohammerhead (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:57:31 PM

So this experiment was very insightful.  Looks like the SPEC mining diff isn't actually controlled by the actual nethash at all.  Throughout the experiment so far i have had 2-2.5 GH/s pointed to one pool.  Not once did the total nethash spike over 110 MH/s and the diff actually went down to 90 after spiking at 398 for the diff.  SPEC seems to only be capable of 4 difficulties. 7, 90, 249, 398 which fluctuate with the 110MH/s nethash displayed.  Never once was the nethash above 133 MH/s (which it's currently stuck at now) with a diff of 249.

Obviously this is incorrect.  To make sure the nethash was being properly reported by the pool i moved the rental over to GENstake which is correctly reporting the hashrate and adjusting the nethash accordingly. 

This leaves me to believe the nethash for SPEC is fake and thus the difficulty is artificially inflated.  I will continue to monitor the SPEC nethash and difficulty to see if it rises at all or if it continues to fluctuate between 94MH/s and 110MH/s average.

Hopefully someone can prove my findings to be incorrect.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: