Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about the negative reputation of the bitcoin currency?  (Read 5981 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:00:04 PM

I don't have any feeling, honestly. That's like you have asked me how do I feel about dollars having negative reputation since the people fight wars around the world to gain as many dollars as possible.

Bitcoin is a new technology, and every new thing gets bashed in the beginning. Well Bitcoin opponents have taken a decision to bash Bitcoin and the weapons that they are using the most is its initial negative reputation. This is really all they got! We should just stop paying attention to the FUDsters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:04:25 PM

Before bitcoin created, dark market/illegal things can buy with fiat and it's still ongoing. it's a tools, you can use it for good or bad things. recently a lot positive feedback for bitcoin, more adopter coming. people already wake up(although is not all and still not half human being in this world).

Everything you can buy with a money, including a husband.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:13:22 PM

Only sheeple got negative opinion about Bitcoin.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pathi

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:14:22 PM

There is just as much good news as bad. Anyone that bothers to do any research knows that bitcoin is not anonymous. Every transaction is recorded on the blockchain for the world to see. You can see contents of wallets also.

I remember when the internet was 1st becoming popular, people were saying almost the exact same things we hear about bitcoin now. Word for word sometimes. LOL

@codish, You may want to google an organization named Darpa for the origin of the internet. Wink
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:14:42 PM

Bitcoin is just money, and money always attracts the greedy and a criminal element. There is nothing special or different with bitcoin. You must pay taxes on bitcoin earnings or face the same penalties as any tax cheat.
That's how I see it as an American. However if I lived in a shitty dictatorship I would see bitcoin as a way to get justice by evading the government. If i lived in a totalitarian country I would see bitcoin as a financial liberator. Bitcoin is not a tool to judge social benefit or make a moral statement. It is just money.

Bitcoin is financial liberator everywhere, USA included. That's the most important property of it.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:20:35 PM

Everything can be used for good as well as bad. Bitcoin is not anonymous (at least not completely), so gradually the bad stuff should disappear.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:30:10 PM

Bitcoin is generally attracted by criminals due to its awesome features like anonymous,No fees,No taxes,No government issues,No chargebacks Tongue but that doesn't mean everyone using bitcoin is criminal..
If some people think that way that people using bitcoins are greedy,thiefs etc then that is there fault they do not know much about bitcoins..
I would say everything in the world,including bitcoin has it's pros and cons..If bitcoin has negative side then it do has positive side also and it depends on you which side you stand Smiley
It wouldn't matter if that was the actual truth. If it doesn't look like the truth, no one believes it. You could be a wonderful person, and no one would know or care unless you looked that way.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:33:07 PM

Before bitcoin created, dark market/illegal things can buy with fiat and it's still ongoing. it's a tools, you can use it for good or bad things. recently a lot positive feedback for bitcoin, more adopter coming. people already wake up(although is not all and still not half human being in this world).

Everything you can buy with a money, including a husband.
Was that last line in reference to this post I made?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197434.0
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:55:02 PM

Bitcoin is just money...
That's a great commentary, but I think you're missing the point of my post.

Sorry I'll...

Aren't you concerned that the utility you value so much will be lost if only a few people are left using it?
Yes. lol. There are no guarantees of course, but I think we are past the infancy stage and it will take a lot to kill bitcoin now. To date I have never even seen a viable way to kill it. So I'm just not worried about price or the future at the moment. I feel like the war is over, and brother, we won!

I agree with you that Bitcoin appears pretty sturdy at this point. That clearly is a win. However, I'm not interested in simply watching it maintain its current market position or worse, see some competing inferior system designed by the current financial gestapo take the lead because Bitcoin appears tainted by criminal activity.

christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:03:16 PM

I think people are afraid of taking responsibility over their own finances. The best way to tell people is that bitcoins are like virtual cash.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:52:31 PM

Jewish bankers have a terrible reputation but their business is still going strong. Americans have an awful reputation in many African countries, and in some parts or Europe. Muslims, blacks, Russians, millions of people give a bad reputation to millions others, but the sun keep's on rising every morning. I guess I have a bad reputation myself to a few people, but I don't care.

Also, having a bad reputation can be exciting. I love women with a bad reputation.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:55:59 PM

First of all btc doesnt allows users to make money or send money anonymously
Negative opinion,lack of knowledge about btc,i have much worse opininion about euro and dollar than btc
Money is money that is all.Some people who think thay are lords of that world dont want people money,but btc is now fair away from  to be people money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:56:14 PM

I feel like any negative connotation surrounding bitcoin is a misconception and will only be temporary.
American investors are afraid of the Marijuana industry because they don't see it being a profitable endeavor, yet it's the biggest cash crop in America while remaining illegal.

Money attracts everyone, but if you scare genuine people away or make it difficult for businesses to be taken seriously while accepting BTC then who remains to use the currency?
As it grows and gains interest globally it will lose it's "negative" reputation and will continue to increase in value.
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:44:29 AM

My only wish is that we get our acts together as adults, and prove to society that we are not criminals.

We don't have to prove we aren't criminals. We just aren't. The mentality of "guilty until proven inocent" doesn't help anything.

Anyway, don't expect to criminals to stop to use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency just because their activity supposedly harms the currency.

Aside of this, the only thing we need is just education. In the same way as encrypted and secure comunications for privacy purposes of the average citizen.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:11:20 AM

those that are against bitcoin because it can be used like cash for criminal things, only because , again, it has some advantage over fiat, on this type of stuff, are the one to blame

the real criminals are the one who are preventing bitcoin to grow, and i'm sure when bitcoin will skyrocket its reputation will follow too
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 11:53:45 AM

How do I feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TqIdff_DQ
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:01:11 PM

Meh, we enjoy freedom and privacy, but the 3 billion-dollar question is, do the governments, banks, and the media respect it? No, no they don't. As long as they can get something into their pockets, they don't care what reputation they might damage just to get their goals. And do they think that bitcoin is the only money that is tainted with illegal activities? They're just blinded because fiat has a lot to offer to them, and has a lot of potential to make them rich.

My thoughts? Illegal activities are diverted towards bitcoin and is stressed upon while the wrong-doings in fiat is just ignored by the masses because of the governments, banks, and the media.

wouldnt it be great if on the year MTGox went down. media told the world about mtgox. but also stated the amount of police reports that were filed that year of people around the world being pickpocketed on the streets, debit card cloning and where people lost fiat due to bad wall street investments. reveal the number of police reports of people paying fiat to scam artists for timeshares, etc.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

I'm angry because of this negative reputation of the bitcoin currency.
I think this is one of the main reason why some of my friends hesitate to join bitcoin.
I hope that very soon this will change when more ''big'' merchants accept bitcoin and we become mainstream.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:58:17 PM

I feel bad, because I've been trying hard to introduce Bitcoin to the people.
But now, everyone would be hard to interested to use Bitcoin.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:21:00 PM

I do not feel Bitcoin as something negative  Wink Bitcoin is one of very popular crypto and many happy BTC users around the world is using it  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: