Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin aliens owner is not honest  (Read 3644 times)
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:20:52 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 05:46:14 AM by TheIrishman

A few days ago he sent an email to users of his sites saying they would receive 4 million satoshis (~US$10) just for signing up with Coinbase from the link on the email:

Code:
Sender: Bitcoin Aliens <info@mail135-211.atl141.mandrillapp.com>
Subject: Bitcoin Aliens Has Sent You 4 Million Satoshi
To: Pedro Corbett <webmaster@portaldosgames.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:35:05 +0000

You are receiving this email as you joined the Bitcoin Aliens Family [Alien Faucet|Weekend Bitcoin|CoinAd|Apps]. To stop receiving our emails simply click: Unsubscribe

Hey Pedro Corbett!

We're sending you 4 million satoshi - that's $10 worth of bitcoin, completely free!

Just Click Here to Claim!

It's really the easiest $10 you'll ever make!

Click Now to Claim YOUR $10 in Bitcoin

Kill Aliens, Earn Bitcoin

See you all soon!

Daniel D'Alien Bitcoin Aliens

I haven't redacted my name or email address because I don't have anything to hide and everyone who knows me from the game servers I manage already has my info anyways (including spammers).

When I didn't receive anything, I contacted him via his Facebook page (I tried emailing him first but the email info@bitcoinaliens.com does not exist) and he replied saying "Coinbase would send me the 4 million satoshis after they completed their verification which could take some time".

There is nothing else to verify, I've even received and withdrawn Coinbase's signup bonus of 10K satoshis already. What he is doing is taking advantage of Coinbase's own referral bonus system which gives the equivalent of US$ 10 in bitcoin to both the user who invites another user and to the new user, once the new user buys US$ 100 in bitcoins: "Invite a friend who buys $100 of bitcoin or more, and you'll both earn $10 of free bitcoin!" (from Coinbase's site)
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:51:49 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 10:42:47 PM by TheIrishman

I told him I was gonna call out his little scam here and he replied:

"Pedro, they started a new referral programme where people get $10 for signing up."

The piece of shit "forgot" to add "AND buy US$ 100 in bitcoin".

How does the Coinbase referral program work?

" Referral bonuses are only paid if the person you referred verifies their account and buys $100 of bitcoin or more. The buy has to complete (meaning the bitcoin is delivered). Buys can take up to four business days to complete. The amount can be a cumulative $100 (it can happen over multiple purchases). The payout will typically arrive about 10 minutes after this. "
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:15:21 PM

I told him I was gonna call out his little scam here and he replied:

"Pedro, they started a new referral programme where people get $10 for signing up."

The piece of shit forgot to add "AND buy US$ 100 in bitcoin".

How does the Coinbase referral program work?

" Referral bonuses are only paid if the person you referred verifies their account and buys $100 of bitcoin or more. The buy has to complete (meaning the bitcoin is delivered). Buys can take up to four business days to complete. The amount can be a cumulative $100 (it can happen over multiple purchases). The payout will typically arrive about 10 minutes after this. "

I don't think that could be reported as a scam since he just "forgot" to add "little" details Sad
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:53:15 PM

Is it the bitcoinaliens as in the one for mobile app?
I think it's not playable anymore? I've been searching it on google play and can't find it anywhere.
And IIRC, even their site said that bitcoinalien is no longer downloadable..

Yes it is the same mobile app. Also they have a web faucet  As far as I know the mobile app still works. Some of my friends still uses it but I don't have any latest news from it.

I use one of his app, actually. The one called "free bitcoin", it still works perfectly and i never got any message.. So the problem only occur on bitcoinalien app?

No the problem occur when they start spamming your email with false advertisement sayig you could won a million satoshi and all. Some email says you can get free satoshi if you click or subscribe in their news email but it's all fraud. Daniel is a one big liar. Also thier faucet is not the biggest one.
onlinedragon (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:58:05 AM

I talk about the IOS app Bitcoin aliens where the boss fight always show the same no internet connection error. Most of time I get that error. Also the apps free Bitcoin and Abundance are from this owner the points get lesser when you earn to much points.

Have tried to reply on the email but can't send him email. Also posted on Facebook Page message is removed and I am blocked to post anything on his page.

Even got a message in mine mailbox where someone tried to change the Bitcoin address and never did that by mine own.

The website http://www.weekendbitcoin.com/ is also from this owner and promise double Satoshi the weekend. Never have any double Satoshi.
jacee
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:39:38 AM

I talk about the IOS app Bitcoin aliens where the boss fight always show the same no internet connection error. Most of time I get that error. Also the apps free Bitcoin and Abundance are from this owner the points get lesser when you earn to much points.

Have tried to reply on the email but can't send him email. Also posted on Facebook Page message is removed and I am blocked to post anything on his page.

Even got a message in mine mailbox where someone tried to change the Bitcoin address and never did that by mine own.

The website http://www.weekendbitcoin.com/ is also from this owner and promise double Satoshi the weekend. Never have any double Satoshi.

I have the same issue on my android phone. It's not only you and I bet there are a lot more people who is in the same situation. What do we expect from a faucet? It's giving people some free satoshi so we can't bitch out on how the points decreases. That's just how thry programmed the apps and faucets to avoid them from losing their profit.

The app is buggy, they are not honest, let's get over it.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:10:34 AM

i tried their aps for about 2-3days and i notice that the bitcoin aliens app changes levels everytime you are able to play the boss mode and each levels/monster have different payment amount. as for the weekendbitcoin aps i didnt notice the weekend double event however i doubt they will give such thing

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:13:27 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 06:19:50 AM by TheIrishman

The motherfucking scammer deleted my messages on his Facebook page, including one I wrote in Portuguese helping a guy who didn't know how to withdraw. He also disabled my accounts on the Alien faucet and the Weekend Bitcoin faucet.
twn
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:43:03 AM

A few days ago he sent an email to users of his sites saying they would receive 4 million satoshis (~US$10) just for signing up with Coinbase from the link on the email:

Code:
Sender: Bitcoin Aliens <info@mail135-211.atl141.mandrillapp.com>
Subject: Bitcoin Aliens Has Sent You 4 Million Satoshi
To: Pedro Corbett <webmaster@portaldosgames.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:35:05 +0000

You are receiving this email as you joined the Bitcoin Aliens Family [Alien Faucet|Weekend Bitcoin|CoinAd|Apps]. To stop receiving our emails simply click: Unsubscribe

Hey Pedro Corbett!

We're sending you 4 million satoshi - that's $10 worth of bitcoin, completely free!

Just Click Here to Claim!

It's really the easiest $10 you'll ever make!

Click Now to Claim YOUR $10 in Bitcoin

Kill Aliens, Earn Bitcoin

See you all soon!

Daniel D'Alien Bitcoin Aliens

I haven't redacted my name or email address because I don't have anything to hide and everyone who knows me from the game servers I manage already has my info anyways (including spammers).

When I didn't receive anything, I contacted him via his Facebook page (I tried emailing him first but the email info@bitcoinaliens.com does not exist) and he replied saying "Coinbase would send me the 4 million satoshis after they completed their verification which could take some time".

There is nothing else to verify, I've even received and withdrawn Coinbase's signup bonus of 10K satoshis already. What he is doing is taking advantage of Coinbase's own referral bonus system which gives the equivalent of US$ 10 in bitcoin to both the user who invites another user and to the new user, once the new user buys US$ 100 in bitcoins: "Invite a friend who buys $100 of bitcoin or more, and you'll both earn $10 of free bitcoin!" (from Coinbase's site)

totally agree. i also open an account and wait like a day than i see nothing happened than i investigate and same answer i got. they just scamming.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:54:26 PM

All I know from my android experience is that if I use both freebitcoin and abundance, I'll get lesser "get another reward" button. Means I could roll lesser than how I supposedly able to. Does anybody experiencing this too?
And for the web, I've left it for good since i think it didn't worth my time.
jacee
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:52:18 AM

All I know from my android experience is that if I use both freebitcoin and abundance, I'll get lesser "get another reward" button. Means I could roll lesser than how I supposedly able to. Does anybody experiencing this too?
And for the web, I've left it for good since i think it didn't worth my time.

Also same here. As I thought, the app must be programmed to lessen the prize reward for every claim so the more you claim the lesser the prize will get .
SomeBoy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:22:40 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 10:02:14 PM by SomeBoy

(SAME EMAIL I GOT!)

And I thought I was doing something wrong! I even verified a credit card and my bank account with them. Maybe we should let Coinbase know about this, I don't think they would allow it.
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:10:11 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 07:22:22 AM by TheIrishman

And I thought I was doing something wrong! I even verified a credit card and my bank account with them. Maybe we should let Coinbase know about this, I don't think they would allow it.

I created a support ticket and explained the whole situation to them. The ticket was answered today, so Coinbase is now aware of the scam. If you opened an account using the scammer's affiliate link, I suggest that you CLOSE THAT ACCOUNT (that option is under Settings > Security), then clear your browser's cookies and open another account if you intend on keeping using Coinbase.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: