Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reversion to the mean  (Read 2250 times)
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

Op,

why u still arguing with the fagnamic duo ?

Because they are the cancer killing /b/itcoin Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

Op,

There you go again, trying to sell XT using the fear of Bitcoin dying.

Bitcoin is stronger than ever, in part thanks to the adversity provided by the attempted Gavinista governance coup.

You XTurds truly deserve to be exiled together on the Island of Misfit Gavinistas.

Such strange bedfellows the failed putsch has created!  It sounds like a joke...

Frap.doc (a Bitcoin Maximalist Monopolist Supremacist), Peter R (a clueless spherical cow counter), and J Trolfi (King Buttcoin) walk into Satoshi's bar.

2 hours later, united by their common hatred of Team Core, they are giggling like long lost sisters.

"Let's get out of here" says Frap.doc.  "Yes," responds Peter R, "the drinks are terrible, and the pours are too small!"   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Op,

Bitcoin is stronger than ever, in part thanks to the adversity provided by the attempted Gavinista governance coup.

You XTurds truly deserve to be exiled together on the Island of Misfit Gavinistas.

Such strange bedfellows the failed putsch has created!  It sounds like a joke...

Frap.doc (a Bitcoin Maximalist Monopolist Supremacist), Peter R (a clueless spherical cow counter), and J Trolfi (King Buttcoin) walk into Satoshi's bar.

2 hours later, united by their common hatred of Team Core, they are giggling like long lost sisters.

"Let's get out of here" says Frap.doc.  "Yes," responds Peter R, "the drinks are terrible, and the pours are too small!"   Cheesy

Are you trying to make a credible point? Because I don't see any.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:00:55 AM

I think what iCEBREAKER said is on point, basically to sum it, there's no way raising the blocksize to 20, or even 8mb will get you anywhere close to where we need to be. There's no way around something like blockstream if you want to achieve VISA level transactions in the future. I am in favour of raising it a bit, but have in mind, there is no huge scalability possible if everything happens on chain.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:25:41 AM

Op,

I think what iCEBREAKER said is on point, basically to sum it, there's no way raising the blocksize to 20, or even 8mb will get you anywhere close to where we need to be. There's no way around something like blockstream if you want to achieve VISA level transactions in the future. I am in favour of raising it a bit, but have in mind, there is no huge scalability possible if everything happens on chain.

I agree big blocks aren't *the* solution to scaling.

What Ice'n'Berg won't accept is that the block size limit should be increased or removed so that it doesn't cause a problem. They argue that is using fear to justify it, when anyone with a shred of common sense can see its just prudence.

Fear of centralisation is a concern, and for that reason I'd say that right now removing the limit entirely is probably equally risky as keeping at 1MB.

The mundane truth, as ever, is that somewhere in the middle is likely best.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:33:03 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/could-card-networks-take-bitcoin-mainstream/

Simply sign a service agreement with VISA/Mastercard/AE and be done with the micro transaction capacity debate

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:06:53 AM

Interesting, can you imagine the drama if the card networks pulled the rug right from under block stream. Might even warrent a #rekt

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: