Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "You must be this tall to ride" Threads  (Read 1073 times)
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:14:49 PM

Also a Hero + Board similar to VIP might be in the same type of category, unless you meant to just exclude newbies in certain threads.
I've thought about something like this before. Maybe a special sub for just Hero or Legendary or something.

TBH, I don't have any interest in Hero+ boards. What would we discuss in Hero+ sections that couldn't/shouldn't be discussed in normal subs ? Afraid it would devolve into a circle-jerk.

I understand the option could be abused, but I've see far more abuse with self-moderated posts, and this cowardly post-locking shit Leroy Fodor is pulling.

The code for this feature is trivial, and believe it's at least worthy of experimentation.

I would further suggest that allowing Minimum Rank threads should be mutually exclusive of the option to have a Self Moderated thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 12:35:11 PM

It's not only newbies who derail topics but I've seen many Hero/Legendary members doing the same. The activity/rank of a person doesn't define a person as a constructive poster/spammer w/o taking into accounts that have been sold. Self moderating threads also won't work and there are many newbies who just have one account on this forum and contribute to a thread. It would be unfair to those newbies who genuinely post some informative content on this forum and again it would like a newbie jail. I don't see anyway wherein a thread creator would have ONLY constructive posts on his thread as it's an almost impossible to restrict members based on their activity/rank/reputation/IP. It's better if the forum could have a limit to the number of accounts a user can create using one IP (may be 10/IP AND/OR not allow a user to create more than one account in a day using the same IP) and ban proxies so that users don't abuse the forum. If MODs are given access to detect the IPs of users, it would be easier for them to just delete the multiple replies the same user creates on a thread just to increase his/her activity.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:16:54 PM

Any thoughts about allowing thread creators to allow a minimum activity level before being allowed to post in the thread ?
It would be something to mention in the New Forum Software discussion if its not already listed
Also a Hero + Board similar to VIP might be in the same type of category, unless you meant to just exclude newbies in certain threads.
It's already been suggested (by me):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1092276

BTW, I don't think a Hero+ board would be all too useful.
It's not like the "old guys chat" could be expected to be all too lively.
How do I know?
Well, here's a "screenshot" of the VIP forum:

Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: